Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Much of the SF bay mid-peninsula has been without power for 18 hrs because of PG&E sucks “wind”. Meanwhile my next door neighbor is the only one with Powerwalls and just rubbing it it with all his lights on in the house at 5:30 AM.

I am not amused.

images
One of my good friends lives in Santa Rosa and they bought Tesla Solar/ Powerwalls explicitly for power outages. The free power is a side effect of reliable power.

One of my good friends lives in Santa Rosa and they bought Tesla Solar/ Powerwalls explicitly for power outages. The free power is a side effect of reliable power.
Although this doesn't help *today* Enphase is one of the companies working on a biphase ev charger. This would allow folks with V2H EV's to use their EV as battery backup. So MUCH larger battery capacity at basically zero cost, rather than spending more than a solar system on low battery capacity.

One would probably be better off buying an old Nissan Leaf as a backup battery rather than $40,000 of power walls.

Yes but the HW4 repeater camera's will be higher resolution (and possibly have a slightly different viewing angle if the above pics are truly HW4) so your HW3 FSD computer won't know what to do with this data stream. The FSD computer is built for the resolution of the camera's in its same hardware suite. HW3 FSDchip can't handle higher resolution. (too much data to process and keep a decent framerate up)
You may have far deeper knowledge than I so there is that. I had never seen it stated that the the cameras and FSD board were so tightly integrated that neither could adjust to any changes in the other. It might be so.

I am only saying that I think a camera upgrade (or even an FSD board upgrade) may be possible in the future. It won’t be HW 4 but some level of HW 3+ just as there may be a HW 4+.

The chip die size will shrink, the power consumption will drop, circuit design will improve so lots of variables to tweek toward squeezing in a few improvements. It might even be a third party.

Tesla supporters have a huge investment in their hardware and they are going to welcome any possible improvements that might become available as I see it.

I appreciate your comments.🙂 I think I have expressed my viewpoint so this ends my comments here.

Reactions: willow_hiller
Before I "retired" on the gains in my TSLA, I made audio for videogames, from Commodore 64 through to XBOX360 I worked on a driving game in the 90's and it was a struggle to make the engine sounds loop and change pitch correctly. Audio designers have since iterated and polished that small corner of the biz into an art. I never thought an actual car would have the same sort of software running in it. So from my unique standpoint, that is very cool. At the same time, it is also incredibly dumb.

The announcement was this:
Tesla Global Engineering headquarters is going to be where the former headquarters of Hewlett Packard in Palo Alto, California.

Some more info at this CNBC link
  • The expansion will focus on hiring engineers proficient in research development and artificial intelligence.
  • Tesla is taking over the lease for the office space, previously occupied by Hewlett-Packard.
  • The plans will help accelerate efforts to produce autonomous driving and robot technology.
  • Sources said Musk initiated the meeting after several previous attempts to set up talks between the state’s most well-known politician and the most outspoken billionaire failed to materialize.

The announcement was this:
Tesla Global Engineering headquarters is going to be where the former headquarters of Hewlett Packard in Palo Alto, California.

Some more info at this CNBC link
  • The expansion will focus on hiring engineers proficient in research development and artificial intelligence.
  • Tesla is taking over the lease for the office space, previously occupied by Hewlett-Packard.
  • The plans will help accelerate efforts to produce autonomous driving and robot technology.
  • Sources said Musk initiated the meeting after several previous attempts to set up talks between the state’s most well-known politician and the most outspoken billionaire failed to materialize.
Edit: Official Tesla Twitter video of it if you want to watch. Link But there isn't anything notable added
Further control of the supply chain. 😝

Before I "retired" on the gains in my TSLA, I made audio for videogames, from Commodore 64 through to XBOX360 I worked on a driving game in the 90's and it was a struggle to make the engine sounds loop and change pitch correctly. Audio designers have since iterated and polished that small corner of the biz into an art. I never thought an actual car would have the same sort of software running in it. So from my unique standpoint, that is very cool. At the same time, it is also incredibly dumb.
Funniest/ stupidest part to me is their demo is of the engine "Revving" while parked. The actual motors and drive train are doing absolutely nothing, but the lights are pulsing and the "revving" sound is blaring.

I'd just as soon blast Judas Priest if I want to enjoy loud noise and annoy everyone around me.

Neither will I. It’s the botox that kills it for me.
Ross Gerber running for Tesla BOD

1) Ross Gerber does not represent retail investors as he claims , as he is a fund manager and represents his clients , he needs to create someone to blame other than himself.
2) As a BOD member RG will have inside information regarding Tesla plans ... good luck with that firewall
3) RG along with Gary Black created and reinforced the Twitter overhang narrative contributing to recent TSLA fall
4) If RG gets onto board he my become tool for nefarious actions by hedge funds etc.

vote no

Last edited:
Well, then, I have 2 words for ya: Gravis UltraSound.

this is what is going on with Lucid ... the competition is coming 🤣 🤣 🤣
It's not even surprising. Bears workshop's latest video literally counted the number of cars on the lot with dust and without dust, pretty much approx how well their logistics was working out, or maybe it's a demand issue. Anyways, they have over 2k cars sitting on the lot and roughly 1 car carrier per day shipping cars out.