Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another case of some forum members aggressively trying to silence those of us who were pointing out all the contradictory signs coming out of China.

1672679610145.png

Can we keep this type of bait out of the forums here? This is an obvious troll to start a political discussion.
Tesla will get the MOST money of any player from the IRA. How is this even a discussions?

I think the rules suck. I think price caps are COUNTERPRODUCTIVE. But to think that it was written specifically against Tesla while they will get the most out of it? Nonsense.
At this point, I’ll believe it when I see it.

From the list posted earlier Wall Street consensus itself got nearest to correct on production -- 438.8k vs 439k actual. Best single estimate was Gary Black (436k), followed by Farzad and Troy at 443k and 430k respectively.

For deliveries everyone estimated much higher than the 405k actual, with the "nearest" being the IR compilied consenus at ~418k and then 4 others bunched up within a couple of 420k... (troy at 423k and Farzad and Rob Maurer way off at over 430k).

Production being that much higher than deliveries will reinforce the demand cliff narrative and be cited every time someone repeats the "Tesla sells all the cars they can make" line

So new Factory exploration in Canada/Mex would be for another product? Hmmm....

(Edit: Maybe just timed to be ramp ready for recovery from the recession. Higher risk builds using the same product offerings, unless huge price drops or something new besides Cybertruck and Semi. Again, Hmm...)