Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For you stock technicians, Is there a such thing as a "gap fill" up? 🤔
Yes, happens all the time. Unless we're talking about NKLA gapping down from $90, a fundamentally sound stocks will almost always fill gaps, both up and down. What matters is what happens after the gap fill and when it gets filled.

Gaps that occur during the first wave up or down should get filled during the initial consolidation phase before the up/down trend exacerbates.

Gaps during the third wave up or down should not get filled until the full might of the trend has been released and after the stock reverses - could take a long time to happen. When it does happens, like the gap at 136 we're looking at right now, it's not so much due to technical reasons more fundamental related.

Gaps during the last stage of the trend can get filled on the same day or once the stock has reversed. Soon.

at current share price of $140 which is -60% YTD and -66% off ATH 14 months ago all possible bad news should already be priced in
there is only one way to go, UP
Not financial advice
don't blame me if TSLA hits $100 or $75
for the life of me, i am beyond appalled at current low stock price and have no idea why it is trading this low
nothing to do, just sit tight and wait for P&D on January 2, 2023 and see if that is the catalyst

This one smells like a 10b5-1 thing going on. The volume is unreal. There has been a minor drop in volume last Thursday, but Friday, Monday, and today have been very high volume days, with significant under-performance. Obviously Monday was the exception to the under-performance trend when the poll results came out before market opened.

This is irrelevant. If CN is not buying, TSLA can just continue opening up new unpenetrated markets now. CN demand will ebb and flow, but the world at large has a huge capacity to absorb Shanghai output.
irrelevant in the medium term

Short term (quarterly): this impacts the quarter (cant redirect excess cars to those foreign markets fast enough for sale this quarter).
Medium term (next 12 months): Tesla can plan to ship more of Shanghai production volume internationally.
Long Term (years): China is the worlds biggest car market - Tesla needs to be a big shark there for its long term annual sales volumes ambitions.

To add, Elon has also mentioned the imploding chinese real estate market as a negative in a Macro sense. A lot of wealthy Chinese (the demographic buying teslas) have significant holdings in residential investment property, and their paper worth has dropped a lot recently - which would be another short term impact on Tesla sales (again though, not a long term concern).

==========

Bloomberg TV mentioned the China Demand story for Tesla a couple of times over the last 30 minutes I have had it on, and specifically saying todays drop has nothing to do with Elon and twitter. Goes without saying that bloomberg has no concrete way of knowing what is causing the selloff today - but interesting to see the narrative change away from “Elon/twitter“ harming stock now that Elon is likely stepping down as twitter CEO (presumably he will follow through on his poll promise).

This one smells like a 10b5-1 thing going on. The volume is unreal. There has been a minor drop in volume last Thursday, but Friday, Monday, and today have been very high volume days, with significant under-performance. Obviously Monday was the exception to the under-performance trend when the poll results came out before market opened.
Agree, it smells like more Elon selling. I'm not sure what the angle is. Either fear of debt or forced sales.

I mean, maybe he does feel that Ross is not worth his time, but what about the rest of us? This is such a non-response. It's like he has nothing to say about any of this and it's very disconcerting. To me, at least. I know 20 people are going to disagree with me.

It's such a casual disregard for someone who is trying to give a voice to shareholders who have had this company's back for years. And I still just bought more shares like two minutes ago.

TSLA Bagholder #1: "Elon selling a massive amount of shares doesn't do anything, it's the manipulators jumping on!"

TSLA Bagholder #2: "No Elon shouldn't sell drip-drip slowly all year, the manipulators would jump on!"

🤔

Count me (based on my experience in design control systems and non-linear dynamics) in the group that thinks a slow, steady selling would have been much more palatable and beneficial for all of us non-manipulators.

Has anyone crunched the numbers and figured out if there's a realistic chance of Elon getting a margin call?
Somebody brought that up last week (I think here). But they mentioned the stock would have to be firmly in the 2 digit territory for that to happen….so next week.

Really I don’t know I am just parroting someone else’s comment.