Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m in a bit of a pickle.

So, there are TMC members who say that borrowing money against your stock to buy more TSLA is fine, and other members are totally against it, but that leaves middle of the road by doing it moderately. I’m safe, even after the drops of this year, from being margin-called. My loan is currently 12% of the stock value. So, what could possibly go wrong? Read on.

My (foreign) stock broker has taken over another one in my country and asked me to switch. I can transfer the stock but not the debt. I can take on new debt at the other broker but that will take while (the transfer of the stock will take about a month…!) and I will have to do a test to qualify (I know a bit about Tesla, but not about investing).

I knew this was coming and was looking for a suitable exit point. In hindsight that would have been OK a month ago, but now not so good. And now I received a message that it has to be dealt with before the end of this month.

So now I do have to time the sale to pay off the debt. Any suggestions? i could ask Elon as he is better at timing his sales than I am but doubt that is a realistic option. So, is an uptick likely or am I left with DCA? Any other suggestions/factors to take into account?
Can you work it for a tax advantage?

I recently took on a small amount of margin and planning to sell some higher cost shares for a tax loss after I've held the margin shares for 30 days. This keeps me "all in" and enables me to take the tax loss.

I think.

"Energy is our Viet Nam". So said an aid to Jimmy Carter. Tesla has done what every president has tried to do since Richard Nixon. Change the dynamic of a country that is so dependent on oil that it was a major issue in every American election since 1972. As this article points out....."Cars became the embodiment of American freedom and cars run on gasoline."

Fredo Alert .. (from few days back)

We sense Tesla’s recent price cut strategy has created a negative spill-over effect where a lot of China EV brands’ order backlog has suffered significant order cancellations according to our dealership channel checks

Excellent idea!!! She loves Bezos!!.. I think we have a winner 🏆
Hating Musk and loving Bezos is a bit contradictory in my book.
49% of the effort of Elon has been accelerating a sustainable economy, 49% making humans a multiplanetary species, 2% is divided by solving tunnels and brain-digital interfaces.
100% of Bezos effort has always been making humans a sedentary species maximazing their consumerism.

Hating Musk and loving Bezos is a bit contradictory in my book.
49% of the effort of Elon has been accelerating a sustainable economy, 49% making humans a multiplanetary species, 2% is divided by solving tunnels and brain-digital interfaces.
100% of Bezos effort has always been making humans a sedentary species maximazing their consumerism.
I thought that was sarcasm on OP's part.

The human knee has a screw home mecanism where the tibia goes in external rotation compared to the femoral condyles. The geometry of the tibial plateau makes it easier and effortless to stay standing with a locked knees in full extension.

When rubbing you never go into full extension because you need your knee to using biarticular muscles like the hamstrings and the gastrocnemius to bounce and recoil 17% if the energy stored in the buarticular tendon collagen for more effective bouncing while running.

Optimus will never had a normal gait if they don’t force it to walk like a human being. If they use actuation motors in the joints there is no reason to reproduce a screw home mechanism as the motors just lock the joint in the desired position without having a muscle or tendon to fatigue to keep a joint in a desired position from a prolonged period of time.

This was also a publication I have made and presented on during my masters degree in training so I had to share that useless knowledge I have not used for over a decade.

Thank you for listening to me ;)

Mentioning bi-articular muscle is dirty talk to me. They have a special place in balancing because the directly alter force direction away from center of mass. For instance when you trip, your rectus femoris flexes hip and extends knee to get your foot out in front of you. No brain needed.

But your description makes the overall point I made before and in my Optimus analysis video - humans and humanoid robots will never be exactly the same so it is misguided to try to force them to have the same movements. Yes we can provide them a loose guide for movement but they have to derive the optimal movements for them through through smart design of optimization cost functions.

The human knee has a screw home mecanism where the tibia goes in external rotation compared to the femoral condyles. The geometry of the tibial plateau makes it easier and effortless to stay standing with a locked knees in full extension.

When rubbing you never go into full extension because you need your knee to using biarticular muscles like the hamstrings and the gastrocnemius to bounce and recoil 17% if the energy stored in the buarticular tendon collagen for more effective bouncing while running.

Optimus will never had a normal gait if they don’t force it to walk like a human being. If they use actuation motors in the joints there is no reason to reproduce a screw home mechanism as the motors just lock the joint in the desired position without having a muscle or tendon to fatigue to keep a joint in a desired position from a prolonged period of time.

This was also a publication I have made and presented on during my masters degree in training so I had to share that useless knowledge I have not used for over a decade.

Thank you for listening to me ;)
I’m honored by being in this community of clever people.

Yours truly,
ThisStockGood
Midwife of Memes

Mentioning bi-articular muscle is dirty talk to me. They have a special place in balancing because the directly alter force direction away from center of mass. For instance when you trip, your rectus femoris flexes hip and extends knee to get your foot out in front of you. No brain needed.

But your description makes the overall point I made before and in my Optimus analysis video - humans and humanoid robots will never be exactly the same so it is misguided to try to force them to have the same movements. Yes we can provide them a loose guide for movement but they have to derive the optimal movements for them through through smart design of optimization cost functions.
I would prefer Optimus walk like this.

It would likely be the exact opposite of bad for inflation. Otherwise known as "good."
How would a sudden surge in demand for goods as the Chinese economy switches back into high gear be good for inflation? Theoretically a few months down the road things might be better because they would be exporting at full speed again, but as they switch back on their appetite for gas and raw materials will rocket which typically causes prices for those thing to go up.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
These numbers are only vaguely relevant.

I'm talking about the Tesla Optimus team. They made a recruiting video. It showed not a single female. If there was a female on the team she would have been in the recruiting video. Tesla presumably gets the best engineers around, at least those who are happy with working all the time.

So I'm disappointed to see that there aren't a significant number of women on the team.
I hope the disappointment is not automatically aimed at Tesla.

I've seen at least one woman on the Optimus team. There are certainly more that I haven't seen. I wouldn't worry about it.

Uh-oh...Even though it does appear they have at least one woman on the Optimus team, the photo appears to show that they segregate the Asian employees from the Caucasian ones.

1667745558780.png

So disappointing! Oh, Tesla! Why can't you do anything right?

/s

This twitter thread from a robotic professor explored this briefly:
Seems that Bumble-C (the old prototype that walked) is using an old method for walking which is unhuman like, I think they'll probably implement a better method for the new prototype.

PS: This IEEE article which summed up various expert opinion on the demo is also worth reading.
Not being blown away is kind of the point of bumble C. It's purpose is a frame of reference using old available technology and classical way of software programing. It's like the original falcon 1, where there's really not much new except that a scrappy nobody managed to get it to orbit...kind of like a scrappy nobody robotic team got one working in 6 months using off the shelf parts.