Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There can't be a demand issue for new Teslas. Used Model 3s are still more expensive now than they were in Mar 2021. Though the price is dropping.

1666115007767.png

from Tesla Model 3 Price Trends - CarGurus

similar story for the Model Y

1666115279713.png

I can't listen to Gates. His voice is annoying as F and the subject of green and his short position, just can't give him a break.
While I applaud Gates for many of the donations made by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, I personally believe that he's not the expert he thinks he is. Just because he's made a lot of money doesn't mean he knows the answer to everything.

Even though we know someone that also states his position on a lot of things too...

WTI down nicely since Monday morning, getting itself back into the plummeting trend. My hope is this is related to to the bear short squeeze and TSLA earnings are another huge punch in the face for the "bad guys".

View attachment 865023
One trading day later, closed another 10% down at 123 euro.
Another trading day later, EU natural gas down again, now at 112 euro.
At this rate we’re back at pre-war prices before the end of the week.
Correspondingly, the electricity spot prices are back to 10 to 20 cents (depending on hour of the day) during weekdays. Still fairly high, but a far cry from the 50-100 cent range this summer.
This is good for EU inflation which should leave customers with more money to buy cars.

EDIT: We may have created an LNG glut: Dozens of LNG-laden ships queue off Europe's coasts unable to unload

Last edited:
I don't believe anyone's earnings estimates include FSD revenue recognition, even the high ones.

The odds of any meaningful FSD revenue recognition is extremely low. It needs to be available to everyone that has purchased FSD in the US before they can realistically recognize the revenue.
Agreed, definitely not in the 3rd quarter. Possible, but not likely in the 4th quarter.

My just-turned-18-yr old finally got his Wealthsimple account going today (he put money in last Thursday, but it took a while for them to let him start trading), so now the SP can go out. But he got his first good taste of disappointment this morning when he bought at $224 (the bump up after the initial drop) - it was a good lesson in letting go of the "buy at the bottom idea", because you just can't predict it... Though he's a bit mad about not being able to trade on Friday.

So, now that that's taken care of, let's see a nice run up to 300+ in the next week, shall we? I appreciate the market waiting for my son to get on board, but it's time to get this profit train moving again. 😉

You would rather buy at $200? I would rather buy at $100 or $50 even. In fact, I would rather buy in the $12 range if I had a chance.

Oh, wait, I did! I bought as much as I could handle at $12 and change. Maybe that's why I'm not running around waiting for $200 while saying it's still too expensive.

Friday, I bought a handful of the shortest-term call options I believe I've ever bought (exp. 10/28). They were also the least out of the money at $217.50. I'm not recommending this, but the price was good enough to take a gamble and I felt like gambling and am prepared to lose it all in exchange for a smaller chance at 3X or even 5X. These are the only options purchase I have made in 2022.

I'm the first to tell you that short term price movements cannot be predicted with any consistency but sometimes there is a confluence of events that move the odds in your favor. In this case, I believe the constant hammering TSLA has been subjected to as the MM's take maximum advantage of market weakness, had set TSLA up for a relief rally, at a minimum. And upcoming earnings provided potential for big profits relative to the risk even if the stock doesn't move big immediately upon the release/earnings call (hence the extra week on the exp.). However, with the recent rally they are up over 40% and most of the risk/reward advantage I saw has been priced in already. If I didn't want to gamble, I would just sell them all right now for a nice profit but that's not why I bought them!

If TSLA rallies enough before the close tomorrow I might sell half and leave the remaining ones as free lottery tickets. Otherwise, I'll stick with my original gamble with the entire amount. I don't think a strong rally is more likely than not, perhaps roughly 40/60, but the point is, no, I'm not expecting it to hit $200! Always buy when the getting is good. The trick is knowing when that is. A real pessimist will wait for earnings hoping for weak guidance and a better buying opportunity. But, if guidance is weak, is it really a better buying opportunity? At that point, you have to ask why, if your investment thesis is that we are on the early part of the adoption curve, Tesla's guidance would be weak. Always absorb shares identified as being a good value, don't wait and hope for the buying opportunity of a lifetime that may never come. Of course, the lower the price goes, without a corresponding drop in the expected value of the company, the bigger the position one can reasonably take.

I get what you are saying. In fact, I have been adding to my position from $230 down to $204 and added some call options as well. When I said "I would rather buy at $200" I was moreso responding to people who was spewing hate on Chicken Genius just because he has/had a short bias and acted upon it.You put it much more eloquently than I did - identifying shares at "good value" prices is important, and it was pretty obviously $400 or $300 weren't "good value" prices and $200 and hopefully $150 will be very good value, assuming the company fundamentals are intact.

Reactions: saniflash
LOL just like we don't know how true it is when people say "just bought another 20 shares" in this thread, right?
If someone has to brag about "Just bought another 20 shares", why wouldn't he/she say "Just bought another 200 shares or 2000 shares"? A majority of us share one common goal here, accumulate $TSLA, support the mission and maybe along the way, make some $$$ if we hold for an extended period of time.

LOL just like we don't know how true it is when people say "just bought another 20 shares" in this thread, right?
Now you're just being annoying.

No one here saying they just bought 20 shares makes a cent from their statement. Whereas Chicken makes YouTube videos and spews his nonsense to gullible followers. He makes money from the videos (and the more controversial his position is, the more he makes) and he makes money by selling his investment classes by coming off as a 'genius.' There is every reason to doubt his nonsense.

While I applaud Gates for many of the donations made by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, I personally believe that he's not the expert he thinks he is. Just because he's made a lot of money doesn't mean he knows the answer to everything.

Even though we know someone that also states his position on a lot of things too...
Sounds like someone we know

Reactions: JRP3