Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All this will eventually pass and we will be back to a new ATH again, i can foresee when, but I know that it will happen after all the BS passes. They cannot keep Tesla down for long no matter how much they try. The proof is in the pudding when ER comes out, too many good things ramping up for Tesla. Hang in there y'all!

Best practice is to just HODL and keep accumulating when funds are available (Margin is ok if you have the funds to pay it back on a call :)

Reactions: PokerFJÆS
Why in the hell would any leader of the 'free' world say anything like that unless it was to instil mass fear for control, and to help transfer wealth from scared investors to Wall Street. Those kind of comments make me feel not so 'free.' It has been a constant barrage of 'fear' for several years now, from one crisis to the next. And in every instance there were many posts here about people selling into fear and then people regretting it later after things quickly reversed. I myself am guilty for selling some shares into the Covid dip before DC gave WS about $4.2 Trillion at the bottom of the market so it could completely reverse to their benefit in a matter of weeks. Its getting to be a bit like the Dark Ages until the Gutenburg Press was invented and people could be informed through other conduits. Thank goodness for TMC..............it might get frustrating from time to time here, but at least we have input for the moveable-type printing press here, and it has really helped to inform me over the years.

It is similar to what Trump did. Supposedly Trump told Putin directly that if Putin invaded Ukraine, Trump would hit Moscow.

Biden and the military both have said publicly that if Russia used nukes, there would be serious consequences. Those consequences haven’t been spelled out, but seems that Biden had in mind retaliating in kind. At any rate, this hyperventilating about WW III misses the point of these messages. It is to check the hand of Putin. Whether or not the US bombs Moscow has very little to do with what we say we will do. Threatening something and appearing to very serious about following through with that threat is very much needed.

We want Putin to not use Nukes so we have to convince him we would use nukes in retaliation if he did so. If the US public gets scared from these messages, well, too bad, this is necessary at this point.

So Amazon and 50 other Tech companies lost on twitter and China deliveries too?! /S

Or is it the FED raising interest rates, and jaw-boning down the U.S. economy?

But go ahead tell yourself whatever makes you fall asleep bitter. :p
thats delusional, the threat of additional sales is Omnipresent
Other tech companies are not recording huge production and deliveries increases.

Reactions: Tachyon
Super depressing when the only green on your watchlist is this POS:

1665162626506.png

Maybe they are unsure about range and stuff. Corn chips = much lighter payload than beverages. Based on some rudimentary calculation, an 18 wheeler trailer full of chips is about 10k lbs(including the pellet). Beverages are around 50k lbs
Seems you missed my edit. I didn't see they're doing Beverages too. So even better to compare extreme ends for them... good data!
50k lbs is a really nice test case, not to spec limits, could shave times there.

It is similar to what Trump did. Supposedly Trump told Putin directly that if Putin invaded Ukraine, Trump would hit Moscow.

Biden and the military both have said publicly that if Russia used nukes, there would be serious consequences. Those consequences haven’t been spelled out, but seems that Biden had in mind retaliating in kind. At any rate, this hyperventilating about WW III misses the point of these messages. It is to check the hand of Putin. Whether or not the US bombs Moscow has very little to do with what we say we will do. Threatening something and appearing to very serious about following through with that threat is very much needed.

We want Putin to not use Nukes so we have to convince him we would use nukes in retaliation if he did so. If the US public gets scared from these messages, well, too bad, this is necessary at this point.
Precisely.

If you want fear amongst the public, imagine being in Japan's position and having a country like North Korea actually shooting missiles over your country. Imagine being in Taiwan, although I think the people in these areas are a bit conditioned to this stuff.

Reactions: Cosmacelf
I feel Gary is probably thinking share buybacks from Tesla themselves. Gary has been pushing for this for some time now, and Elon has stated he's open to the notion of it.

I know that’s what Gary is thinking, but I was wondering about how to interpret the specific “aggressive” quote from S&P.

The implication being that if they are aware of any planned distributions, that is a huge deal. That’s how I read it but I was just wondering if there was another way to parse the statement that maybe wasn’t so bullish.

Reactions: Mengy and Skryll
Just my 0.02 here - I expect Tesla to slow-roll Semi deliveries in Dec, and then really start pushing things hard come Jan.

Why? Any of their customers with a decent accounting team is going to want that 40k/vehicle IRA tax credit that goes into effect Jan 1, 2023.

If this 11,000 order number is true (and order numbers are sequential), there is going to be quite a backlog.
1665164171087.png

Very good points.

Anyone who thinks Tesla has "demand concerns" in China needs to realize that demand grows massively when you have finished product, ready to deliver on demand, and the price seems reasonable. How much does demand grow when someone with money can just walk in and take one home? It will vary from culture to culture, but I think China and the US are near the top of that list.

The reason legacy auto has stocked millions of cars in big sales lots around the country for many decades is simply to capture all those sales of people who want to see and sit in the car before they buy it. A car is the second most expensive thing most will buy and many will not do it based upon an invisible car that is scheduled to be delivered in a few months, with no guarantees. Buyers are also very price sensitive with as little as $1000 being the difference between sale and no sale.

"The competition is coming" is an old and tired refrain but that doesn't stop it from being continually resurrected and deployed. I want to see another EV maker approaching the same margins Tesla has before I get worried that Tesla will not be able to continually increase profits by absorbing an increasingly large part of all auto sales.
None of the demand arguments mention BEV credits in USA as of January, or China BEV credits that kicked in beginning October (@Singuy at least I believe that is what I read from you. Please correct if otherwise).

How does not pull demand forward for the US now and for China at end of 3Q? Not even part of the conversation? No, it makes a difference that will be completely gone at the New Year, AFTER Tesla STILL sells every single car it produces in 4Q.

Reactions: MikeC and M|S|W
If this 11,000 order number is true (and order numbers are sequential), there is going to be quite a backlog.
View attachment 861154
I assume that is why they stopped the orders? seems like Tesla is trying to not have such a long wait for paid orders as they have in the past...wishful thinking, but it goes along with the question & comment on Optimus regarding when one can order one / or actually receive one & no point in orders if receipt wont be for years?
this is going on with Model 3 orders for Long range...not orderable as of now (for a while)