Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mean there is so much in energy that it boggle the mind. It would all take some verve and $ and EM has not been short on either.
Whoever thinks biggest and acts boldest will get this fruit. It's 100% getting eaten in the next 6 years.

I see Elon moving away from automotive and into an energy leadership role withing Tesla soon. Maybe once semi and CT are ramped.

That will be the beginning of the next leg up in potential. Massive resource outlay and unthinkable scale, but he'll get it done. Trillions in total profits.

Consumer view, I was thinking how much I'd rather have Cybertruck over another Y. It doesn't make sense to have both, so it just hit me how the 2 vehicles will interplay on sales. As Model Y demand skyrockets, Cybertruck will come to the rescue for folks that just need more than an SUV.

One thing for sure, Tesla is teaching us all the value of patience - on the stock, on the vehicles, on energy, on society, on rockets, on planets. Slow and steady she goes ;)

I got to believe were going to break thru this 1100 level and head into the 1120-1050 range soon! Gotta break thru!!
The trend is our friend!
Good luck all!
I thought we'd never get through 1,000, but when it happened, 1100 staring at us just like that.
Don't blink, I like the sound of 1,200 before earnings.

I got to believe were going to break thru this 1100 level and head into the 1120-1050 range soon! Gotta break thru!!
The trend is our friend!
Good luck all!

I personally don't think we'll break out until after ER on the 20th. My hunch is the MM's will hold it down for as long as they can, and only a great ER will produce enough pressure to overtake them. If even then.

I personally don't think we'll break out until after ER on the 20th. My hunch is the MM's will hold it down for as long as they can, and only a great ER will produce enough pressure to overtake them. If even then.
And this could also happen. Here we are debating when it will break out. Love it.

"MM's will hold it down for as long as they can" - I bet that's Tesla's plan.

Reactions: wipster
Consumer view, I was thinking how much I'd rather have Cybertruck over another Y. It doesn't make sense to have both, so it just hit me how the 2 vehicles will interplay on sales. As Model Y demand skyrockets, Cybertruck will come to the rescue for folks that just need more than an SUV.

One thing for sure, Tesla is teaching us all the value of patience - on the stock, on the vehicles, on energy, on society, on rockets, on planets. Slow and steady she goes ;)
"I was thinking how much I'd rather have Cybertruck over another Y. It doesn't make sense to have both"

We'll ask you the same question when CT gets released and $TSLA SP is at $2k+...something tells me you'll 'find' a reason that it 'makes sense" :)

That's too obvious, everyone knows real earnings are coming and the music's about to stop. Something needs to give here. The math of our current situation doesn't work 4 months from now and everyone already knows it. Maaaaybe they can somehow keep the lid on things til 2Q earnings are out, but I doubt it.

Remember.....MM moves are all about the massive TSLA options market, so a lot of their moves will appear 180 degrees illogical.

That's too obvious, everyone knows real earnings are coming and the music's about to stop. Something needs to give here. The math of our current situation doesn't work 4 months from now and everyone already knows it. Maaaaybe they can somehow keep the lid on things til 2Q earnings are out, but I doubt it.

Remember, not all investors are as Tesla savvy as most of us are here, and not everyone has the conviction in the company like we do. To many of us here the math is obvious, TSLA is going to the moon, but a LOT of investors still don't think so and they'll wait for actual numbers to post until they move into the stock in any substantial additional volume.

We are lucky in that we have a golden opportunity here to invest before it blasts off to the next plateau and we have the knowledge to act upon it. My hunch though is we're in a bit of a holding pattern until actual hard earnings are posted.

Remember.....MM moves are all about the massive TSLA options market, so a lot of their moves will appear 180 degrees illogical.
I think there are 2 things going on:
1. Your point that earnings this year will show that Tesla is undervalued. The P/E ratio will be ridiculously low if the stock does not move up significantly.
2. Real impactful competition is not coming. If Legacy Auto can't get it's ICE sales in order (down 15%-25%), how can they effectively put a dent in Tesla Market Share for EVs. What we are seeing is that Tesla's management team and engineers are well ahead of the teams at Legacy Auto.

Looks like Hertz is buying 65K more EVs, except they are Polestar this time.
That could mean 2 things:
1. Attract non-Tesla lovers with another choice. (Good for mission)
2. Hertz projects higher than expected demand for BEVs than the current Tesla contract provides. (Good for stock and mission)

(Edit: Better yet, let consumers try out both brands for comparison. Great for the mission - facts not headlines. Remind me to check back as to which models are booked vs available.)

Remember, not all investors are as Tesla savvy as most of us are here, and not everyone has the conviction in the company like we do. To many of us here the math is obvious, TSLA is going to the moon, but a LOT of investors still don't think so and they'll wait for actual numbers to post until they move into the stock in any substantial additional volume.

We are lucky in that we have a golden opportunity here to invest before it blasts off to the next plateau and we have the knowledge to act upon it. My hunch though is we're in a bit of a holding pattern until actual hard earnings are posted.
Oh absolutely. That's my point, I just didn't articulate it well enough. We have confidence in the looming earnings for 2022 and 2023, plus a good portion of hedge funds and MM's.

The lack of actual cash-on-the-table earnings has been enough to sew doubt through the vast herd of foolish investors. That all ends either on the 20th or 3 months from now when the numbers are right there and irrefutable.

We're entering a whole new phase of TSLA life.

Looks like Hertz is buying 65K more EVs, except they are Polestar this time.
A synopsis of two recent likely discussions, though, probably went along these lines:

HTZ: How much is this version of a Model 3?
TSLA: $55,000.
HTZ: Well, actually, we're interested in 100,000 of them. How much?
TSLA $5,500,000,000.
HTZ: Gulp. Oookkaaaaay, done.

HTZ: How much is this version of a Polestar?
VLV: $55,000.
HTZ: Well, actually, we're interested in....
VLV: Let's talk!

Mmmmmmm.

1E5833C9-F34A-4123-893C-A14EFB822D2E.jpeg

That could mean 2 things:
1. Attract non-Tesla lovers with another choice. (Good for mission)
2. Hertz projects higher than expected demand for BEVs than the current Tesla contract provides. (Good for stock and mission)
My guess is they diversify with many brands over time, no different than what they do now.