Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, I'd be very happy if he'd pull back on the FSD and refocus on Tesla energy some more. This past Q tesla slipped to 4th in installs in the state of CA. They are actually losing market share...a bizarre and not positive occurrence. The solar roof product still is not out in scale. The megapack was a logical solution, it is still sold out.

Lots of reports that battery installations will be the big thing in CA this year, lots of retrofits of solar farms to receive battery capacity for both grid management and power supply. I'm going to be looking at the report for q1 to try to figure out where energy is going. The Ukrainian war shows just how important it is to cut the dependency on oil.
Pulling software engineers off of FSD will not increase the supply of chips nor cells (solar or battery) needed for energy.

Nice premarket pushdown from 1100 to 1087 on high volume heading into the opening. Seems rational. :rolleyes:

This Twitter curveball adds an interesting twist to the trading day/week!

As mentioned above, it's a mere 12 trading days til earning. I'm wondering if this compressed timeline was a surprise to any hedgies who were thinking earnings was gonna be 4/27?

We shall see. If I had to guess we're still in store for a march up to 1350-1550, it may just be spread across a longer timeline. Are insane 1Q earnings enough for the short narrative to crack, or will it take 2Q as well?

I can't see how it goes much further than that without a macro tsunami.
Good thing Elon gave us a stock split or else we will be mighty salty that he sold Tsla for a 3 billion dollar stake in Twitter. That's such a Cathie Wood move.

Here the first reputable link I’ve found.
(...)
Edit: lol, immediately nets $700 million. 🤣
edit2: didn't mean to imply @ThisStockGood isn’t reputable 😄

Reputability on this board? Is that needed? I just find things on Twitter and copy paste. Learned form legacy media.

This is me on the Ctrl+V button.

on-fire-cowboy.gif

Cheers 😁

Covid, quarantined and bored.. Good sign though doesn´t seem to be bad symptoms I guess.

Did he really? Is this a big deal enough for people to sell TSLA? I’m so confused. 🤔
Few people think Musk will be more focused on Tesla if he's so worried about what becomes of Twitter. Maybe Musk is not that critical to Tesla's success, but still.

Free speech isn’t the problem, so much as finding a way to reduce the impact of fake news and trolls, and the algorithms that create bubbles. I’ll add that a lot of these problems are related to the rampant monetization of content.

Moderation and free speech can coexist. Communities in reddit are 100% moderated while individuals are free to say what they want in their own profiles and self created communities.
Users get banned on Reddit all the time even, and Covid misinformation and right wing subreddits get deleted by the admins. Reddit has the advantage that it gets less attention than Twitter and it's not used by every politician and celebrity.

Good thing Elon gave us a stock split or else we will be mighty salty that he sold Tsla for a 3 billion dollar stake in Twitter. That's such a Cathie Wood move.
Personally I would have preferred no split announcement, until the fall/winter. I was looking for moderate deliveries for 1Q and a tempered reaction from the markets so I could lever up going into the 1Q call.

It's all the same tho I guess. If we hover here for the next two weeks, theres still plenty of value in levering up with Jan2024 calls. Maybe move to call spreads? We'll see.

We're 12 trading days from the transition to insane earnings, and IMO our mentality has not changed enough around here. Tesla is going to profit in the range of $3-12B per quarter from here on out. Get use to it!

Pulling software engineers off of FSD will not increase the supply of chips nor cells (solar or battery) needed for energy.
I agree, it is his personal focus that I wish was diverted. I've probed and thought on FSD for a year now. I don't see the immediate huge benefit, from an ecological sustainability pov, compared to Tesla energy. I also feel that his FSD team has lots of slogging to do now. There's a process, it's a slog. HW4 rewrite has to be done, etc etc. Slog

Energy however...lots of low hanging fruit there. Lots. There are a few tiny grid interconnects to the rest of the USA in Texas. $3.2 billion might buy these, such as they are today. A few billion in lobbying and maybe you could move that from it's paltry number to something reasonable and make Texas wind available to all and bring lower costs power from KS and OK into Texas and force utilities there to transition faster. Texas power is actually expensive compared to KS and OK - the nearest comps but states with regulated power and winterized power systems. Anyhow, there are so so so many ways someone with EMs verve could impact the energy market that it is not funny. Heck he could buy a TX and CA utility. That would by synergistic. Jam 10 GW of megapacks into TX

Be prepared in 6 months to move massive solar and battery installs to Poland and Ukraine...

Build deeper solar production capacity in Mexico to remove supply constraints.

I mean there is so much in energy that it boggle the mind. It would all take some verve and $ and EM has not been short on either.

That's it? I expected worse this AM given China lockdowns/breakouts, and less than stellar P&D numbers. (No need to defend deliveries, yes is was excellent by any measure, just that predictions were higher). I had some funds ready, but also need to dish out $ for a replacement vehicle med-term. :rolleyes: (Some things take a while to sink in... ya, that.)