Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are two sides to every coin. So, on one hand I can see your point and it points to approvals coming soon. On the other hand, if the delay in approval of production is not about a fundamental and real thing like water supply, then what the hell is the hold-up? Just red-tape about nothing that actually matters? Because that's not a good look either.

It makes me wonder what is involved in terms of legal paperwork for a German couple to bring another life into this world. Are there stacks and stacks of forms and registrations and approvals that need to be obtained and filled out before the poor little thing is recognized as a person? I was born in Germany but, fortunately it was on a U.S. military base set up after WWII where simple, common-sense procedures ruled.

The point that was being made in the video is: the approval process is in no way related to the water lawsuit. The two are not linked or dependent. i.e. the approval will be granted (or not) whether or not the NGO lawsuit against granting of water rights is decided or not.

Regarding your second point: both my sons were born in Germany. It was a simple, low-paperwork process. Particularly the pre-production process is/was enjoyable. Also, the entire process is free.

Okay, this is a pretty cool Guiness Book record and all, but...

... look at the panel gap on that front door. ;)

taycan-cross-turismo-1000x600.jpg

Now, who will be the first to beat the record in a Tesla?

Last edited:
Indeed, he was talking about the last yards.

My German is a bit rusty (I repeat, rusty, reader beware), but I actually got the impression (Steinbach said something about not harming the company) that they are done and that they want to leave it up to Tesla to announce when/that the approval has been obtained. He said he would be tight lipped for the next few days.

No, he did not state that he wanted to leave it up to Tesla. He stated that he was not going to make any comments over the next days in any way related to the approval process that was on the last meters of the marathon in order not to cause any impression that he was exerting undue political influence on the approval process.

Today’s movement is completely unique to Tesla…while overall macros are good, the chart looks nothing like any other. Shorts covering plus AJ effect?

Haha, no. We are completely mirroring Macros x Beta, with a little boost from 10:05 a.m. until 10:27 a.m. to put TSLA over $1,100 (no doubt courtesy of $1,100 Strike Call holders)

TSLA.chart.2022-01-12.11-15.png

Did you notice the Open Interest at the $1,100 Strike this morning? Somebody care to post the chart? TIA.

TSLA trading is dominated by the Options market, which is now the same size as the rest of the NASDAQ combined.

Cheers!

Regarding your second point: both my sons were born in Germany. It was a simple, low-paperwork process. Particularly the pre-production process is/was enjoyable. Also, the entire process is free.
When the energy transition legislation was written in Germany in 2000-ish, it was established that regional permit applications for solar installs MUST fit on one side of one piece of paper. Most were able to go from homeowner wanting solar to interconnection within the same week. And it's been that way since like 2009.

When solar hit 4% of grid supply and ~40% of peak supply, all utilities in Germany went bankrupt. Cheap renewables were allowed to supplant legacy fossil and expensive nuclear because their market is set up rationally. Here we have methane corruption in Texas or pure utility sabotage in California.

There's plenty of red tape in Germany, but to me it all feels designed to protect the interests of their citizens and industry. When they can work on a new airport for 10 years, they do. When their market wants to install massive amounts of wind/solar absurdly quickly, they do.

Your link said:
This was enough to earn a Guinness World Record for the greatest altitude change by an electric car.

Seems like Elons Gen1 Roadster should hold that record and it's a lot higher than this Porsche went...

Did you notice the Open Interest at the $1,100 Strike this morning? Somebody care to post the chart? TIA.

TSLA trading is dominated by the Options market, which is now the same size as the rest of the NASDAQ combined.

OI looks like 12,460 as of this morning and volume of 75k so far today. Seems huge, but I don't have much perspective on that.

While we have a moment of water treading at $1090-$1095, can you give your thoughts on why TSLA is the entire freakin options market? I'm sure you've addressed it and sorry for the repeat request, just seems like a big red flag. Or at least some sort of flag we should be paying attention to.

Makes all the sense in the world to wait and give updates on both factories on the 4Q call. The only people who desperately NEED to hear these things are open right now is us. :)
I pull from experience on this one...

Tesla, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Take with grain of salt, but forum member from FL reporting that sales associate is telling them the showroom just got assigned an Austin MY VIN for demo car.

Hopefully this is going to become very common, very fast.

You know that’s a brake heat exhaust vent, right? ;-)

that dude's a pompous imbecile and a horrendous writer.

Don't be fooled by his rambling blog style. He made his fortune in the publishing business. The EV stuff was his hobby. He made another small fortune with TSLA stock.

I really miss Jacks blogs. If anything, I think he _underestimated_ the forces against Tesla. Besides the "awl bidness", there are all the legacy automakers, their suppliers (who wouldn't even talk to Tesla in the early days), labor unions like the UAW, the entrenched automotive press (most union members themselves), a vast number of aftermarket suppliers, dealerships (unions again in the service bays), third party ICE repair shops, and other influencers. All seeing their ICE-oriented worldview changed before their very eyes...

Don't be fooled by his rambling blog style. He made his fortune in the publishing business. The EV stuff was his hobby. He made another small fortune with TSLA stock.

I really miss Jacks blogs. If anything, I think he _underestimated_ the forces against Tesla. Besides the "awl bidness", there are all the legacy automakers, their suppliers (who wouldn't even talk to Tesla in the early days), labor unions like the UAW, the entrenched automotive press (most union members themselves), a vast number of aftermarket suppliers, dealerships (unions again in the service bays), third party ICE repair shops, and other influencers. All seeing their ICE-oriented worldview changed before their very eyes...
And Wall st banking.

Global Equities Research (analyst Trip Chowdhry) PT increase from $1200 to $1500:

In the linked spreadsheet, lots of buys (see below). Previously, it seemed the balance was mostly sell. I noticed a change towards buy a while ago, but this is my first time seeing so many price targets/positions in one place. Sorting by tipranks is interesting. Views?

All
25 Buys
12 Holds
12 Sells

5 stars
8 Buys
1 Hold
0 Sells