Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Sandy and Cory of Munro & Associates on their visit to the Los Angelos Auto Show. Summary:
- China is coming.
- GM booth (largest of the manufactures) displayed three cut away ICE engines at their entrance and was "a wasteland of ICE vehicles", "nobody cares", looked like their carpet had not been walked on.
- People were there to see BEVs and BEVs only.

Cory advised Munro & Associates Model S Plaid is now paid for and expected delivery date of December 1st. Add to Q4 financials.

Sandy advised Munro & Associates is on a hiring spree and gave open invitiation to all those battery, motor, cost control guys at ICE that will soon be displaced stating Munro & Associates offers security legacy auto can only dream of. He put a plug in for Galileo Russell's latest YouTube channel episode highlighting the unfair treatment of Tesla by umm...errrr....you know.

Last edited:
The last 1.5 weeks has felt like a Black Friday sale on TSLA!

After not making any moves for months, and then watching the SP 🚀 to $1,200+, I was content to keep on HODLing and watching. But a combination of ridiculous SP drop, selling our Model 3 and then rage buy emotions taking over, I bought six lots of shares (72 shares total) from $986 - $1,070. In the process, I sold off shares in a couple of core holdings that I thought I would also be HODLing. But the risk/reward profile of TSLA is so much better, it was an easy decision.

Thanks again Elon for looking out for us retail HODL-ers and the Black Friday-esque sale! Hope many others were able to take advantage also.

After not making any moves for months, and then watching the SP 🚀 to $1,200+, I was content to keep on HODLing and watching. But a combination of ridiculous SP drop, selling our Model 3 and then rage buy emotions taking over, I bought six lots of shares (72 shares total) from $986 - $1,070. In the process, I sold off shares in a couple of core holdings that I thought I would also be HODLing. But the risk/reward profile of TSLA is so much better, it was an easy decision.

Thanks again Elon for looking out for us retail HODL-ers and the Black Friday-esque sale! Hope many others were able to take advantage also.
Just like that Jewelry show where they quietly raised prices 10% per month for 6 months only to run a 40% off sale at Black Friday.

Back in very early 2013 I convinced my hair cutter, my gardner, and a handful of poor musician friends into buying TSLA at about $35 or $40 pre-split. They all bought $5k or more, and a couple bought about $40k. Every last one of them still have the stock and a couple of them are well over $1 million. They are very happy. I have made many times as much as they, yet I am happier for them than for myself. I really can't think of anything to buy with all this TSLA that I have. I am a minimalist, I hate owning stuff, I hate to fly, I only like to camp on BLM and Forest Service lands which is free anyway.
We don't give a flea's fart where you camp!
WE WANT TO KNOW HOW IN THE H-E- DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS DID YOU TALK SO MANY PEOPLE INTO BUYING TESLA STOCK!
Oh wait I see. you really pulled one over on me... I see it. I see it now.
Ain't no one gonna get their hair cutter to do anything. That person gets 5 get rich quick stock tips a week. She/he/it can't be influenced.
You are kidding us.

• Funny
Reactions: jkirkwood001

Agreed...was able to add 48 chairs between $990 - $1098....Gotta pounce on the opportunities.

Splits are important to keep engaging little retail investors.

They simply believe they can’t afford Tesla when it’s high 3 digits, low 4 digits.

They think Lucid is cheap at 50 bucks.

It will take some time for me to get used to throwing around 150 contracts as a per trade sizing after a 10 for 1 split but it’s good for share holders and good for retail investors.

Yup. He blocked for me asking that exact question. He's very young and it's odd that he "runs" a fund anyway.
sméagol also runs a fund

perhaps someone missed out on tsla gains by trying to time the market and is now projecting failure onto those that knew better. i wanna say he’s around 24 but acts like a teenager so maybe he’s 32?

could you expand on that a little?
what does it mean and what does it indicate?
i see imbalance notifications here and there and don’t deeply understand.
Google is your friend.

could you expand on that a little?
what does it mean and what does it indicate?
i see imbalance notifications here and there and don’t deeply understand.

What does a buy side imbalance indicate?

"An order imbalance is when one side of the trade (buy or sell) meaningfully outweighs the other side. As a consequence of supply and demand, a significant imbalance in one direction is bound to affect the price of that security."​

It has to do with the way the NOCP is determined during the Closing Cross.

HTH.

• Helpful
Reactions: UCF3 and Boomer19
Mod: Really, there's an entire thread that is barely tolerated, but tolerated nonetheless, for numerology, and yet 13 posts come back into this main thread. By way of punishment, I nuked them rather than moving them, so the perpetrators have to re-type them. Any more in this thread about the mythical possible meanings of numbers will be treated harshly. --ggr.

Back in very early 2013 I convinced my hair cutter, my gardner, and a handful of poor musician friends into buying TSLA at about $35 or $40 pre-split. They all bought $5k or more, and a couple bought about $40k. Every last one of them still have the stock and a couple of them are well over $1 million. They are very happy. I have made many times as much as they, yet I am happier for them than for myself. I really can't think of anything to buy with all this TSLA that I have. I am a minimalist, I hate owning stuff, I hate to fly, I only like to camp on BLM and Forest Service lands which is free anyway.

I know what you mean about buying a lot of stuff, most people use it as a facade because they think it makes them appear to be a better or more worthy person or covers for other inadequacies.

I'm curious how you convinced them to invest in TSLA.

There’s been some talk about Joe Justice and his merits or lack thereof. On r/teslainvestorsclub, someone who claims to have worked at Tesla for 4 years claims that JJ is wildly exaggerating. His comments are worth reading just for the general info on management structure, and the differences between us and europe.

Thanks for posting that. I was already filtering everything JJ said through the "common sense filter" so nothing in this other person's opinion really conflicts directly with my understanding of what JJ has said. It seems JJ kind of exaggerates the things he is explaining but this is a style some people think is necessary to get the listener to understand how different something is from what the listener is accustomed to. I do think JJ's descriptions of how things work at Tesla are useful for understanding how it all works, just don't take him literally!

Thanks for sharing. A million dollar stock price should obviously be dismissed out of hand. That's a market cap of one quadrillion...unless one assumes that he meant pre-split prices, in which case it's a mere $200T.

I didn't hear JJ give a timeframe for his crazy price target of 1000X (which he calls conservative, haha). I generally don't think it's very useful to look beyond 5 years but it's fun to speculate what could be in 30 or 50 years, no?