Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Bringing back free supercharging as end of Q incentive....For existing model S/X owners that have it on their current cars (for purchase of new S/X ONLY)...Makes a lot of sense to me. It really was one reason why I hold onto my 2014 S......will have to consider.

Great idea! But I’d be a little sad, since by then my S with free SC will be gone. Perhaps make it retroactive for anyone that’s had an S with free SC? ;-)

• Funny
Reactions: neroden and UncaNed
Bringing back free supercharging as end of Q incentive....For existing model S/X owners that have it on their current cars (for purchase of new S/X ONLY)...Makes a lot of sense to me. It really was one reason why I hold onto my 2014 S......will have to consider.

Wow, they are really trying to clear S/X inventory. Either they're trying to meet targets, or this is yet another bread crumb pointing to a refresh. Hard to discern one from the other.

EDIT: Nevermind, misinterpreted. :) With that said, will take the opportunity to make note of a smoking deal on this X100D. Urge to buy so bad. Someone buy it before I convince myself to pull the trigger.

Double edit: It's true!

Last edited:
Hmm...I must be an extraordinary driver because until my 3, I’ve never had a backup camera on a car/truck/tractor/atv or other vehicle type that I drove on a public road. Like ever. And I’ve not hit anything behind me or in my blind spots. (Vigorously knocking on wood!!!)

And I don’t drive with my backup camera screen on when I drive now. And I don’t even really use it for backing up and certainly not for checking my blind spots.

Honestly, it sort of freaks me out every time I put the car in reverse and it pops up. I’m like, ‘fo, my eyes and neck still work just fine!’

Can you pass a driver’s test nowadays by using a backup camera? Or is it still required that you constantly look in your review mirror, side mirrors and turn your head to look over your shoulders?

I never thought of this!! If I could have taken my driving test with autopilot and auto park.. oh the laughs I would have had.

Finally got up-to-date after being over 1,000 posts behind!

The Model Y reveal (yes I am only now getting to post about that!)... was the worst car reveal I've ever seen.

Do it on a weekend in the daylight.
Use a white car & white interior.
Use better lighting if you are under a roof.
Spin it around on a pedestal so we can see all the angles.
Have two or three on the stage. (a la Model 3 reveal)

I suppose it was a video for other countries, or new observers that don't know the full Tesla story. And perhaps Tesla knew that nothing fundamentally surprising was going to be revealed. Everyone who did any studying of Tesla knew it was simply a Model 3 made into a CUV... and was going to be as simple as possible to produce => no surprises. Which was what it turned out to be.

Good job the Model Y is an insanely awesome product! It will sell massive numbers of cars.

Fast forward to today... right now I am like a little dog hiding under the bed, tail between my legs, while mommy and daddy have a knock-down, drag-out fight. I wish times were happier.

I drove my car. I used 3 miles of rated range per mile I drove it. I drove about 25 miles and used 75 miles of range. My Model S has 107,000 miles on it. I've been all around the USA, multiple times. I'm aware of how it works. I'm not posting like "energy vanished!!!!".

Would you like to visit in Chicago with me and the car next time it's below 0F and hold my hand while I show you?

I grew up NW of Chicago most of my life and lived there over 20 years. I visit frequently, but thanks for the offer.

Got my first S in 2012. Coming up on 150,000 Model S miles. And I’m an engineer. So i get it too.

I’m not disagreeing with your account of the INITIAL energy usage, but it does not stay that high. 25 miles of driving is typically not enough to get the pack warmed up in weather below about 40°F.

Another Advanced Summon video:

The negative reactions to this on Reddit are pretty funny -- reminds me of Louis C.K.'s bit: "Everything is Amazing, and Nobody's Happy".

That summon video is hilarious. Love it on every level, including empty parking lot, but especially the fact that currently Advanced Summon is an overly cautious 93 year old driver. Right on!

getting a sur-reply isn't exactly an easy thing from my limited understanding, so thats good news.

bad news is obviously that she seems fed up with this case, and making the reply due tomorrow and at 8 pages vs 10

Meh. I’d bet money the letter has already been drafted. Take out some double spacing, widen the margins...bam! two pages less. Done.

Yes I don’t understand why they won’t have mass deliveries on simultaneous continents in the future. I was assuming the playbook was start International production at the start of the quarter and then do their deliveries at the same time as US later in the quarter. Will Q2 focus on US primarily only?
I think the delta will never be this big again.

Reactions: neroden
I grew up NW of Chicago most of my life and lived there over 20 years. I visit frequently, but thanks for the offer.

Got my first S in 2012. Coming up on 150,000 Model S miles. And I’m an engineer. So i get it too.

I’m not disagreeing with your account of the INITIAL energy usage, but it does not stay that high. 25 miles of driving is typically not enough to get the pack warmed up in weather below about 40°F.

To the owner, it doesn't matter what is causing the extra usages. The reality is that the car has less range in that weather. Sure, drive for several hours, supercharge, and you'll do better, but that isn't the point. If you live in a cold climate and do not have a garage, then less range is a reality for you every day in that weather. I never claimed energy disappeared, as you implied. I'm discussing real world usage, which is what some people are claiming to be bullshit.

Tesla, GM, and Lear Look Like Good Bets on the Future of Transportation

"For more than a quarter-century, Rod Lache has been in the top tier of Wall Street analysts, first at Deutsche Bank and now at Wolfe Research, a New York firm where he is a managing director. His most famous call—that General Motors stock was headed to zero—came eight months before the 2009 bankruptcy of the Detroit auto giant, on which he’d been bearish for years. Institutional Investor has ranked him the No. 1 U.S. auto analyst in every year since 2012..."
I guess we're not going to see this guy interviewed on CNBC.

To the owner, it doesn't matter what is causing the extra usages. The reality is that the car has less range in that weather. Sure, drive for several hours, supercharge, and you'll do better, but that isn't the point. If you live in a cold climate and do not have a garage, then less range is a reality for you every day in that weather. I never claimed energy disappeared, as you implied. I'm discussing real world usage, which is what some people are claiming to be bullshit.

Yes, I get you. But don’t you also agree that if you’re doing short trips, longer range is less important? Each of those stops is a “potential” charge stop, and the vast majority of people (>99% I’m sure) don’t do 9 or more 20 mile drives in a day.