Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do try to showcase the music capabilities of Teslas as it has a direct influence on the robustness of demand for the Tesla car and the TSLA stock. When driving an ex-bank president relative around recently, the sound system was the key differentiator - something that made a difference in our lives. "Play The Fox Went Out on a Chilly Night" will obtain that song we sung as a children (with a parent leading on the guitar). Without that sound system, I don't know how much headroom the stock price has. With the sound system demand will remain strong.
Oh, if you want amazing sound, say, "Play What does the fox say?"

Joe sold some TSLA in his taxable account to partially fund the future purchase of a SF Pensinula (Not-Totally-A-Shack) house.

After selling his IRA portions in January, he still has 1k shares in TSLA, total worth has ballooned up a digit now starting with a 4. Unbelievable return!

And on any dips, now he will likely buy back in his IRAs.

What is a peninsula house? Is that something that’s “trending” these days? Do I need one?

As a moderator you have to look at all the posts, which creates a different impression than my view with 74 people on the ignore list.

Thank you.

If the bimodal distribution of demand Venn diagrams are not helping passersby appreciate the fundamental and impossible to replicate advantages that TESLA has, please DM me (I don't think I have you ingnored). I have been responsive to DMs in the past.

I do try to showcase the music capabilities of Teslas as it has a direct influence on the robustness of demand for the Tesla car and the TSLA stock. When driving an ex-bank president relative around recently, the sound system was the key differentiator - something that made a difference in our lives. "Play The Fox Went Out on a Chilly Night" will obtain that song we sung as a children (with a parent leading on the guitar). Without that sound system, I don't know how much headroom the stock price has. With the sound system demand will remain strong.

I have been responsive to DMs from moderators in the past.

Thank you, again.
you’re putting up some huge numbers with 74. i’m only at like 8-9, and i dont think any of them are active besides our friend from
yesterday. i guess i have some work to do yet

I hope not.
agreed. it’s good that elon and him are being a good sports to each other.
but tesla needs engineers, product and manufacturing people, service….their mgmt roster is deepening by the quarter, as seen from those participating in qtrly’s and product reveals - (across all his companies really).

i know some will not like this sentiment, but it’s a stretch to say diess would be a fit at tesla, or even to suggest he’d want to. there’s many more compelling possibilities to ponder than that.

agreed. it’s good that elon and him are being a good sports to each other.
but tesla needs engineers, product and manufacturing people, service….their mgmt roster is deepening by the quarter, as seen from those participating in qtrly’s and product reveals - (across all his companies really).

i know some will not like this sentiment, but it’s a stretch to say diess would be a fit at tesla, or even to suggest he’d want to. there’s many more compelling possibilities to ponder than that.
I think Barra will need a replacement soon, maybe Diess can come promise some EV's due in 2027 over at GM.

Well, here’s an interesting chart:

CD58DF8A-FE85-4FA3-A773-A9BD51A32E77.jpeg

Should Diess find himself back on the CEO job market, I wonder if Musk would have any interest in bringing him on.

I hope not.

I agree with @DaveT . A relative of mine worked as a CFO for a start-up in the food & beverage industry. After 6 years, they grew to $1B in sales and the Private Equity firm bankrolling them insisted they bring in an experienced CEO to compliment the Founder. They hired a big gun with an impressive resume from a top Food & Beverage company (think Pepsi, Coke, Nestle etc). Once this CEO joined, the number of meetings increased, the number of people attending the meetings increased, the number of PowerPoint presentations increased . . . in fact, presentations had to be sent 24 hours in advance of a meeting as a "pre-read". The CEO implemented many policies and procedures to ensure additional reviews and sign-offs.

When the CEO was interviewed, he demonstrated his "start-up" skills as he had led several successful skunk works projects at the legacy company . . . but once you work at a large legacy company, there are some skills and habits that become difficult to unlearn.

Sales suffered and the CEO was canned 18 months later.

In the second half of last year, we had a 5:1 stock split (2020-08-31) and TSLA joining the S&P 500 (2020-12-21). From the split announcement on 2020-08-11 to 2021-01-08 the stock went from about $275 to $880, more than tripling (3.2x). What are the chances something similar could happen if there's another stock split and TSLA joins the DJIA in the next 6 months or so? Could Tesla replace a manufacturer like Boeing or Caterpillar? Or maybe Chevron :p? Thoughts?

Brisk buying interest in the After-hrs session: (over 1.5M chairs traded)

TSLA.chart.2021-11-03.20-00.png

TSLA After-Hours Quotes​

Data last updated Nov 03, 2021 08:00 PM ET.
This page will resume updating on Nov 04, 2021 04:00 PM ET.
Consolidated Last Sale$1,217.49 +3.63 (+0.30%)
After-Hours Volume1,512,002
After-Hours High$1,218.99 (07:46:37 PM)
After-Hours Low$667.8173 (05:09:13 PM)

Oh, if you want amazing sound, say, "Play What does the fox say?"
She likes it! Thank you.
but what makes TSLA so engaging it what comes after the song (and artist) you select.

Fox say -> Speedy Centipede -> Spoon full of Sugar by Julie Andrews

Fox went out -> "Bist du bei mir" and classical music with horns for some reason.

On the follow up content, she liked (for now) the Bach over Julie Andrews and Dora!

The way Tesla helps explore, rather than customize around preference, is one reason the stock will keep going up. People will not get bored, unless testing for FSD lasts an eternity. That could put a cap on it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh we had one at 12:30 too for no apparent reason. I think someone big is accumulating periodically in large chunks.

Yes, this is Institutional buying of TSLA by Benchmarked Funds (as opposed to "Indexed Funds", which was the direct effect of the Dec 2020 TSLA runup as a result of the S&P 500 addition):

TSLA.Institutional Buying.2021-11-03.jpg

Be informed that "Indexed" Funds have about ~$7.7T in Assets Under Management (AUM), while "Benchmarked" Funds have another similar amount again. ALL of those Fund Managers who sold or didn't add during the Spring are now experiencing FOMO, as TLSA rises 35% in 8 session.

Here's a summary of AUM by ETFs from March, 2021:

Global passive assets hit $15tn as ETF boom heats up https://www.ft.com › content

TL;dr We're talking BIG $$$ here. :p

Cheers!

She likes it! Thank you.
View attachment 729067
but what makes TSLA so engaging it what comes after the song (and artist) you select.

Fox say -> Speedy Centipede -> Spoon full of Sugar by Julie Andrews

Fox went out -> "Bist du bei mir" and classical music with horns for some reason.

On the follow up content, she liked (for now) the Bach over Julie Andrews and Dora!

The way Tesla helps explore, rather than customize around preference, is one reason the stock will keep going up. People will not get bored, unless testing for FSD lasts an eternity. That could put a cap on it...
I read everything you write....and I understand some of it.