Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shanghai is 550-600k right now at least

Yeah, at least. Giga Shanghai's nameplate capacity is more like 800K run rate right now:

3 lines * 800 cars per day * 339 days per year =~ 814K cars per year

But even with only a 75% utilization rate, that's is still over 600K/yr production. I expect that China will run closer to 90% capacity due to its localized supply chain. Imma call 725K total from Giga Shanghai in 2022.

Then we add the Model 二 likely by end the of 2023. Maybe 2.0M nameplate capacity spread over 4 phases of 500K each (could be fewer phases if each has a larger capacity). Lots of room to grow in Lingang, and there's a whole world of demand for lower sticker-price Tesla cars. It's gonna get big, China-fast! :D

Cheers!

good god..

Translation of justification:

Press release

21 October 2021

Online consultation in the approval procedure for the Tesla vehicle factory in Grünheide (Mark) to be repeated

Potsdam - The State Office for the Environment (LfU) has decided that, for reasons of legal certainty, the online consultation in the immission control licensing procedure for the Tesla vehicle factory will be repeated. The announcement for the start of the online consultation will be made on 25 October. The consultation will then start on 2 November.

Due to the current restrictions on dealing with the Covid 19 pandemic, the State Office for the Environment had decided in September to conduct the discussion of the objections relevant to the decision in the licensing procedure for the vehicle factory in the form of an online consultation. This was done on the basis of the Planning Security Act (PlanSiG), which was enacted by the federal legislature in May 2020 for the legally secure implementation of administrative procedures with public participation under pandemic conditions. During the repeat of the online consultation from 2 to 22 November, all those who have raised objections have the opportunity to explain their objections.

Explanation of the LfU decision:

In the past 19 months, various procedures with public participation have been carried out in the federal states using the PlanSiG, including four online consultations in Brandenburg. Since no decisions have yet been made by administrative courts on such procedures and no legal commentary is yet available, all authorities are currently gathering experience with the interpretation and application of the provisions of the PlanSiG.

With regard to a water law permit procedure in the administrative district of Arnsberg (North Rhine-Westphalia), which the environmental associations cite as a precedent in their letter to the State Office for the Environment, a legal opinion is being expressed that deviates from the previous interpretation of the Brandenburg State Office for the Environment on Section 5 (3) PlanSiG, which led to a repetition of the online consultation there. The issue at stake is the procedural question of whether there is a time lag between
The procedural question is whether the period of one week between the announcement and the start of the online consultation must be observed in all of the approval procedures covered by the Plan SiG. Since, in the absence of example cases, it is difficult to assess which legal opinion the administrative courts in Brandenburg would adopt in the event of an action, the approval authority decided to repeat the online consultation in the immission control procedure for the vehicle factory for reasons of legal certainty.

Notwithstanding the repetition of the procedural step, the licensing authority and the authorities involved are also examining the comments received from objectors in the online consultation concluded on 14 October 2021.

TSLA holding up well in the early Pre-market on moderate volume into slight macro headwinds:

Nasdaq 100 Dec 21 (NQ=F)​

CME Delayed Price. Currency in USD
15,353.25 -24.25 (-0.16%)
As of 5:30AM EDT. Market open.

TSLA Pre-Market Quotes Live​

This page refreshes every 30 seconds.
Data last updated Oct 21, 2021 05:43 AM ET.
Consolidated Last Sale$858.67 -7.13 (-0.82%)
Pre-Market Volume51,534
Pre-Market High$859.86 (05:08:16 AM)
Pre-Market Low$853.33 (04:01:03 AM)

Once 3 students in a college dynamics class taught by the dean were called into an office and asked to teach the class for the last week of the term. I declined as I preferred to stay out of the limelight and did not understand the motivation.

Then they told us that the dean was dying of pancreatic cancer.

That changed our minds. We taught the classes. The dean died a few weeks later.

If you compare the performance of Tesla on safety to every other manufacturer, is there a large enough gap to treat Tesla differently?

Could Tesla teach the class on safety?

The goal is not to slow Tesla down but to speed everyone else up.

An alternative approach is to demonstrate the benefits of regulation applied to all the other car companies to help them close the gap with Tesla - while Tesla runs free.

Sandy is really smart. The basis for the fatality rates he quoted were unclear, but it does not matter. He put all the ingredients in his rant video.

1) Save the children
2) Data supports Tesla
3) There is cancer - recognize this.

Create separation (get out of the way).
Let Tesla lead.

Cancer recognition was key for us, then.
Maybe safety performance can be used to help bring cancer into the sunlight, now?

[have to credit Sandy on all this…. Thank you mltv.

]

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ll be spicy until I get all that’s owed me. We’re not there that and I want the interest payments too.
Back in January we touched $900. At that time, Tesla had a revenue of 10,744 million, automotive margin of 24.1%, and 575 million in operating income. Now we're at 13757 (+28%)/ automotive margin 30.5%, and operating income 2004 (+248%). I don't know about you, but I'll be spicy at least until we're 28% over $900.

No, no, and no. Why are we beating this dead horse.

Yup. Its a thang... :p

5nj1v5.jpg

Cheers!

Reactions: GOVA and raffiniert
Not this German, also please, no generalizations. This is driven by legacy ICE-funded "environmental" NGOs (calling @avoigt) and certainly does not reflect the general opinion of GigaBerlin @ Grünheide in Germany!
Bang on right there. VW can talk as nicely as they like about working with Tesla and inviting Elon to meetings, but they're terrified of what that monster factory is about to do to them and would love nothing more than to see it knocked down!

Last edited:
Was that the day of the 10-Q release?

Cheers
Was that the day of the 10-Q release?

Cheers!
Looks like 10-Q was on the 27th, jump was on the 29th. Wayback does not have yahoo finance quote for TSLA for those dates, but I remember watching for it to update, and when it did the price rose substantially that day.

Attachments

• 5185B24E-64CF-46A5-A7AB-2B3C2951D979.png
    5185B24E-64CF-46A5-A7AB-2B3C2951D979.png
    482.1 KB · Views: 80
  • C67B180D-FC57-4437-96A2-4477916F9684.png
    C67B180D-FC57-4437-96A2-4477916F9684.png
    281.8 KB · Views: 40
Thursday, the 29th was the first day I saw Yahoo/Apple show Tesla TTM PE in the 300s vs the 600s. Also the first day of the uptrend from earnings.

StarFoxisDown! said:
See my post above.

To add context to this. I personally know a fund manager who runs a fund that does have a P/E limitation on her fund since it's supposed to be a more conservative fund with less risk. She personally owns shares, but has been waiting on the P/E to drop to a level where she can start buying for her fund. She's very much looking forward to when Tesla recognizes the deferred revenue.

@Artful Dodger This was my post from that time in reply to @StarFoxisDown!

Last edited:
What are good Germans doing?
Are there public protests?
Are there demands on exploring the background and corruption?

I do not know, I'm just asking.
The German people single handedly scaled renewables.....globally. I think we can give their auto manufacturering unions a break for holding up Tesla a total of what, 5 weeks?