Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
However, it is very difficult to find these articles easily. So my question is, do we have a site or location that tracks or links these?

Cleantechnica used to do this as a service; they got shouted down by the TSLAQ shortzes, and stopped publishing these debunking articles.

But really, why do you think Elon has chosen to simply ignore the lies and focus on executing well? Do we think we can do better from the outside?

There's an old saying: "Never wrestle with a pig; everyone gets dirty but the pig loves it."

Word.

Hi All,
Still the weekend, so hoping this question not considered too OT by moderators. I used to post here regularly, but took a 6-month break from posting while continued to lurk on a few threads here. As you can see from my updated profile pic & signature - we now have a 2nd Tesla - red Model Y. Still HODLing a big chunk of shares plus trading options.

My question is investment and FUD - something that comes up regularly. Recently I got into a big argument/discussion with friends about tesla related FUD. This was about how any hint of negative news gets huge primetime coverage but the explanation/redeemption/FUD debunking articles are usually snuck in quietly without any notice. For e.g. the recent Texas car fire that killed 2 people. Initial reports were, autopilot, no one in drivers seat, car spontaneously caught fire, took 4 hours to extinguish etc. Reality - autopilot was not engaged, there was a driver in the driver's seat without seat belt, fire did not take 4 hours of continuous water dumping to put out, and now turns out driver was DUI.

However, it is very difficult to find these articles easily. So my question is, do we have a site or location that tracks or links these? It would be really nice to have it in one spot - the original FUD articles and later FUD debunking articles. I am sure there are several examples just this year - like that other spontaneous fire of runaway Model S where the owner was a hedge fund manager and lawyered up immediately. After making a lot of noise, they simply disappeared.

If we don't have a location, any ideas on creating a place to link these?
I find Sam Alexander on YouTube does a good job of debunking FUD in the media.

New car sales in USA (and elsewhere) are obviously down to shortages because used prices are going up a lot.

Obvious?

Somebody needs a car.
They know the price of EVs is high but falling. Supply is limited and there’s a wait list for Teslas.
They consider new ICE, but are fearful it will have no resale value. Besides, buying a new ICE makes them look like a dick or a Luddite when amongst EV owners.
Best option, buy a used car to tide them over for a couple of years till EVs are more affordable.

Result. Used ICE car prices rise.

I’m happy with this trend. Every new ICE sold adds to the climate threat for a decade.

Any of our European or Asian friends aware of FSD testing in Europe/Asia? NDAs for the testers, apparently:

I think they do according to TSLA in Europe.

1630987126249.png

Translation: TSLA Closed at $741.43 USD

I love that line of thinking. When I look at my portfolio value, I like to think that at least some small amount of that $ came directly from the bank accounts of each of the lying scumbags Chanos, Spiegel, GoJo, etc. Makes me feel good to own their Benjamins.

It gets juicier than that. In 2019 I was buying TSLA calls with strikes around 3 times the current share price with expirations in 2020. They ended up increasing well over 100X in value and I made a killing. Much later some old tweets of Spiegel were posted on this thread that showed him announcing the selling of those exact strikes and expirations. These were so far out of the money they were not heavily traded so I'm somewhat confident I was buying calls that either Spiegel or one of his minions was writing. And he didn't cover them all that quickly because he was so certain TSLA was a zero and he prides himself on having patience and nerves of steel while picking up pennies in front of the steamroller.

He never saw it coming! It was sweet! The best I can figure, they were only so cheap because he and his minions were selling them by the boatload.

Last edited:
So can we (Tesla) possibly expect yet another high margin revenue stream going forward as the lions share of the fleet begins to age and go off warranty?

Despite having lower repair/maintenance vs ICE; there are still parts that occasionally require replacement.

I wouldn't think of it as a high margin revenue stream as long as Tesla continues to grow production 50%-80% every year. As longs as this is the case, the number of cars paying for parts 8 years into ownership will be dwarfed by the number of cars 1-8 years into their warranty period. It's a good way to blunt the cost of warranty expenses for a fleet that has a constantly growing number of cars still under warranty.

Technically, it will be a high margin revenue stream but it will be dwarfed by other growing expenses.

I find Sam Alexander on YouTube does a good job of debunking FUD in the media.
There are many others who do an excellent job debunking FUD as well - Dave Lee, SMR, Rob Maurer just to name a few. In fact, this forum and the highly knowledgeable folks here probably are the best resource at debunking FUD.

However, these are super active when there is a specific incident, there are articles and youtube videos and lots of posts here when FUD appears, several weeks later comes the conclusive debunking of the FUD which never gets much primetime mention and then we all move on.

In my case, I was trying to find a few examples that I could rapidly cite for my friend - examples on how the initial report of pure FUD that got tons of press, then the debunking with the real story/truth. Found it difficult to find this information, unless I knew which exact case I was looking for. I was hoping there was a way to track these

Hi All,
Still the weekend, so hoping this question not considered too OT by moderators. I used to post here regularly, but took a 6-month break from posting while continued to lurk on a few threads here. As you can see from my updated profile pic & signature - we now have a 2nd Tesla - red Model Y. Still HODLing a big chunk of shares plus trading options.

My question is investment and FUD - something that comes up regularly. Recently I got into a big argument/discussion with friends about tesla related FUD. This was about how any hint of negative news gets huge primetime coverage but the explanation/redeemption/FUD debunking articles are usually snuck in quietly without any notice. For e.g. the recent Texas car fire that killed 2 people. Initial reports were, autopilot, no one in drivers seat, car spontaneously caught fire, took 4 hours to extinguish etc. Reality - autopilot was not engaged, there was a driver in the driver's seat without seat belt, fire did not take 4 hours of continuous water dumping to put out, and now turns out driver was DUI.

However, it is very difficult to find these articles easily. So my question is, do we have a site or location that tracks or links these? It would be really nice to have it in one spot - the original FUD articles and later FUD debunking articles. I am sure there are several examples just this year - like that other spontaneous fire of runaway Model S where the owner was a hedge fund manager and lawyered up immediately. After making a lot of noise, they simply disappeared.

If we don't have a location, any ideas on creating a place to link these?
Help Fight the FUD