Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After being accused of not having skin in the game, GJ wants people to believe ;)
How much is GJ gonna short, and if he did , he might already be facing some decisions on when to close :)
Despite whining about Tesla living on government handouts, GJ received about 30k in PPP money last year. So maybe he will use that.

Can it be any more blatant on who's opposing Giga Berlin?
1627578060462.png

Agreed....the only salty people that hate Elon have either:

a) Shorted Tesla
b) Missed the boat on Tesla

They then resort to spite and hatred....hey...i missed the boat on Dominos Pizza, does not mean i won't eat it if its at a party :)

Your BEST opportunity to get Tesla in the past year or so was the day after reporting a billion in profit and the stock still dropped.

Salty people need to STFU, cover shorts, long shares now (still a nice discount from 900 ATH), and get on the electric train.

Otherwise, forever hold your peace.

You can just read the transcript: Ford (F) Q2 2021 Earnings Call Transcript | The Motley Fool

Adam Jonas -- Morgan Stanley -- Analyst

My question on EVs, right, your BEVs, when do you think that they can be a positive profit on a fully costed basis, not contribution? Like when can they be profitable? And do you think 2022 is still too early for that? My first and I have a follow-up.

John Lawler -- Chief Financial Officer

Yes. Thanks, Adam. Actually, Mach-E is profitable, contribution margin positive, and profitable on the bottom line today. So we've seen strong demand for that, yes.

So I think when we look at it, over time, as we've talked about at Capital Markets Day and we've talked about with you, we've got to ride that technology curve down. We've got to get to the $80 per kilowatt-hour for the battery pack before the end of the decade. We've got to scale the BEV content. We have commonality in the top hats and other components that will help us as well.

And then, of course, we need to build on our services and such to really improve the profitability of the BEVs as we move forward. But I can tell you that Mach-E is profitable today.

Adam Jonas -- Morgan Stanley -- Analyst

Well, I mean, that's incredible at a $50,000 type run rate for that to be correct. OK. My follow-on question, Jim, is about always-on in the order bank. I mean, I think this is really huge.

Just really interesting, when you combine the order bank system with always-on, where you go kind of can engage the consumer directly for services and F&I and insurance and the OTA. But I am talking to some dealers that are freaking out, that some Darwinian forces could be at work where you're not, let's say, directly infringing on the franchise laws but you're dancing close, as you probably should, given all the technological changes over the past 70 or 80 years since these laws came. So what's your message to them? What if order book goes to 80% of your units or the majority and then the dealers are just the delivery centers and then you're going direct on all the other wonderful services? What's the message to the dealers?

Jim Farley -- President and Chief Executive Officer

Great question. Well, we're going to have a couple of different population of dealers. We're going to have our professional dealers, and the answer is a little different for them versus our retail dealers. We'll have our rural dealers, and the answer is a little bit different for them than the suburban urban dealers.

I would say the message we're giving to our team, our dealers is, look, we're going to have to work really carefully together because the customers are going to have a lot of questions on Ford BlueCruise, for example. So we want to make sure the dealers are very knowledgeable about these new OTA features that are really meaningful in the use of the customer's life. That's one. The second one is service, service, service.

That is the most important thing for us. It's wiring a closed loop between the vehicle, the condition of the vehicle, the service capacity of the dealers, and the customer is going to be the most important ballet we're going to have to play together with the dealers. This is especially true for Ford Pro. And in fact, today, we already have 160 remote trucks doing service for our commercial customers at their business, warranty work.

That's a good example of the evolution of the business model where they're taking their service department from a fixed hub and going on the road with their service capacity. And those trucks have to be cooked into the vehicle data and the prognostics, our parts legacy system to order parts, and the dealers on dispatch system. That has to be a closed-loop. So all I would say to you is the orchestration and our benefit, our chance to win just like maybe targets a chance to win versus the online retailers is that in-person service, especially in professional customers.
AJ did ask useful questions. It seems Ford has something called "Ford Pro" for commercial customers. Sounds like Rangers. Their words, "And in fact, today, we already have 160 remote trucks doing service for our commercial customers at their business, warranty work." Sounds a bit like Ford is preparing a contingency for a world without dealerships (as we know them today). Also AJ pointed out that the word "hybrid" is not in their report which he took as a positive.

In certain ways, Ford may have learned that a hybrid is a half-way trip to nowhere. This is a positive for Ford IMO.

Looking at Ford may have helped bring the performance of Tesla Q2 into focus for some. If you look at the tasks before a company in transition from ICE, like Ford, and then look at Tesla, Tesla challenges look so much more productive and focused. Ford will spend significant resources resolving issues (baggage) that Tesla does not have IMO.

This is funny. Taycan v.s. Plaid on the drag strip. Plaid won easily without even going into the drag strip mode.

Taycan owner got out of the car, pulled out his cell phone, and ordered a Plaid right in the race track.

Fun to watch just how far ahead is the Plaid in the race.

View attachment 689561
And it was the Turbo S too... it got destroyed...

This could be helpful:

Logging into your Tesla account and getting your settings on another Tesla including FSD subscription! There's also a reply to Whole Mars where Elon agrees cloud sink is long overdue.
And with a rental I presume. If I travel (further than my Tesla could deliver me overnight on FSD), I'd want the same thing on the other end, complete with seat adjustments, powerboost option, and FSD.

Hold on to your butts.....(expect some of the moderate Dem's to make some cautionary messages but they wouldn't be ok moving forward with the vote if they weren't planning on falling in line when the vote actually happens)

Btw....I do not think it's coincidence that TSLA starts to break out this morning followed a few hours later by this news. It's been my long standing theory that money would start moving back into TSLA when they got news from their political pals that the votes are secured for the renewable energy infrastructure bill.

And with a rental I presume. If I travel (further than my Tesla could deliver me overnight on FSD), I'd want the same thing on the other end, complete with seat adjustments, powerboost option, and FSD.
Elon has said the driver profile settings will be available to sync between vehicles, but I wouldn't think anything tied to the physical car, Acceleration Boost/FSD/Premium Connectivity/etc., would go with you to anything other than possibly a Tesla loaner. (That could give you access to the same feature on multiple cars at the same time while only paying for it on one, which would be a no-no.) The reason the loaner would be OK, is because your car would be in Tesla's possession so you wouldn't be using the features in two places. But that is more complicated, as it wouldn't be syncing your driver profile, but your car's paid for OTA options. I would think it would be automated on the Tesla service side, that when you check your car in that your options are temporarily enabled on the loaner vehicle you are assigned, if any. (Or they could just enable all features on the loaners and not worry about that complexity, which might encourage people to buy the options for themselves.)

Reactions: Nocturnal
Cramer pumping who pays his salary again:

View attachment 689555

Lol.....strange times we're living in.

Let's say some bizarro universe Ford could somehow manage to produce vehicles equal in quality to Tesla. Under this scenario they would STILL go bankrupt due to lack of vertical integration, reliance of dealership sales model, or any of a half dozen other crucial ingredients. Any ONE of which would would doom them to inevitable failure and bankruptcy.

Yet they still have cheerleaders, because they're in "the club". Tick tock, tick tock.