Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting how this negative article about a Tesla solar panel installation comes out now during the Solar City trial :rolleyes:

Business Insider - Editor - Henry Blodget

In 2002, then New York State Attorney General Eliot Spitzer published Merrill Lynch e-mails in which Blodget gave assessments about stocks which conflicted with what was publicly published. In 2003, he was charged with civil securities fraud by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. He agreed to a permanent ban from the securities industry and paid a $2 million fine plus a $2 million disgorgement.

InsideEVs - half hour ago: China: Media Reports High Demand For Tesla Model Y Standard Range

Excerpt:

Tesla Model Y Standard Range has the green light in China and tons of orders, according to reports.

According to unconfirmed media reports from China, the newly introduced entry-level MIC Tesla Model Y Standard Range RWD version attracts a lot of potential customers.

It would not surprise us, as the Chinese EV market appears to be very price sensitive. This is why the MIC Tesla Model 3 Standard Range sells well, and why there is a high demand for tiny EVs.

Moneyball reports that a Tesla Beijing sales consultant says that the number of orders exceeded 10,000 on the first day, and then 5,000 on the second day.

January 01, 2021
One especially hot piece of information we received through our multiple reliable sources in China, is the following: Within 10 hours of the official pricing announcement, the total order numbers reportedly surpassed 100,000 units of the China-Made Model Y.

Found on Teslarati

"While electric cars still comprise but a fraction of the United States’ total vehicle sales, the pace of EV adoption in the country is accelerating significantly. This was evident in the first four months of 2021, which saw EV registrations rise 95% compared to the same period in 2020."

How do you spell exponential growth?

T E S L A

Last edited:
Chicago Tribune - hour ago: United Airlines plans to buy 100 small electric planes for regional flights

Excerpt:

United Airlines and one of its regional carriers each plan to buy up to 100 small electric planes that could be used on short-haul United flights.
The 19-seat planes could be used to fly passengers up to 250 miles by the end of the decade, United said Tuesday morning.

United’s venture fund and its partner Mesa Airlines will be investing in the company developing the plane, Sweden’s Heart Aerospace. Both airlines agreed to purchase 100 of the planes if they meet United’s specifications once developed.

“We expect the short-haul regional air travel market to play a key role in the evolution of the electric aircraft. As battery technology improves, larger-gauge aircraft should become viable but we’re not going to wait to begin the journey,” Michael Leskinen, United’s Vice President Corp Development and Investor Relations, said in a news release.
Way too early for this market. I suggest come back in 2 years. I invested in Archer, bail with a loss - they are selling a dream (no flying planes). Keep your money in $TSLA and if you like to invest in electric planes, do that with the money you gain from $TSLA in 2 years.

All this FUD, concerning Musk and Tesla, in the media right now is sickening.
but, just like the last times, I wonder if some of these statements by Musk mean something other than the literal.🤔 i.e. “Stock is too high” basically meant a split was near.

Literally sickening, if you're one of the plantiffs:

𝗧𝗲𝘀𝗹𝗮 𝗙𝗮𝗰𝘁𝘀 🔋 on Twitter: "@danahull A member of the plaintiffs's team threw up today at the SolarCity trial. Has that "someone" grown a conscience, subconsciously rejecting this travesty of union-connected plaintiffs harassing Elon Musk in court in a transparent attempt to extort a settlement? ... 🤔 https://t.co/LUUEAT1PTc" / Twitter

InsideEVs - half hour ago: China: Media Reports High Demand For Tesla Model Y Standard Range

Excerpt:

Tesla Model Y Standard Range has the green light in China and tons of orders, according to reports.

According to unconfirmed media reports from China, the newly introduced entry-level MIC Tesla Model Y Standard Range RWD version attracts a lot of potential customers.

It would not surprise us, as the Chinese EV market appears to be very price sensitive. This is why the MIC Tesla Model 3 Standard Range sells well, and why there is a high demand for tiny EVs.

Moneyball reports that a Tesla Beijing sales consultant says that the number of orders exceeded 10,000 on the first day, and then 5,000 on the second day.
Does anyone have insight into how Chinese consumers travel? I'd guess that they don't make the same sort of long trips like we do in the US or even Europe.

In Texas...it takes about 36,000 gallons of water and around 4 hours to put out a Tesla Model S that crashes on autopilot.....Allegedly. :)

OT, Folks in this region won't like the water wasting for sure. And it ties up traffic for 1/2 a day, (then another 1/2 for the press coverage).

Maybe it's just too much energy, but grab 4 fireproof barriers about 1'x5', wrap the car's open bottom, pump in the LN2 to literally surround the battery. Roads will crack but it might work. So further, design an attachment and plumbing in the car for firefighters to connect to the existing battery ports and pump a supercool mixture (like 50/50 antifreeze concept) and replacing the Tesla cooling fluid inside the core. Shave that 4 hrs to 30 min. This needs to be solved... (maybe not here, sorry).

Reactions: Nocturnal
Perhaps, like what happened to poet master Grunthos the Flatulent, this plaintiff's body was trying to save humanity.

"his own major intestine, in a desperate attempt to save humanity, leapt straight up through his neck and throttled his brain." - Douglas Adams​

I honestly was thinking about moving and starting friendships overs again. I tried my hardest for 5 years to convince my friends to buy some Tesla stock. Eventually I gave up it was their own fault. I stopped sending them things about Tesla.

Now for them to justify why they made a mistake is they tell each other that I’m in a cult and got lucky. No matter how much I said I bought the stock because of the product and the future potential. I really don’t like they have this view of me. I recently talked to one of my friends about it and I said I know that they say I belong to a cult. What was interesting is she said not to be so hard on my friends. It’s true in a way. I know they are happy for me in a way but I know the only way the world makes sense to them is that I belong to a cult. It’s how they give themselves piece of mind. If I was in their position I would probably think the same thing. I wouldn’t talk about my friend that way to others though. I don’t know who these “friends” are that openly say it but I have an idea.

Anyways I’ll stop ranting. I’m sure some of you are going through the same thing.

I honestly was thinking about moving and starting friendships overs again. I tried my hardest for 5 years to convince my friends to buy some Tesla stock. Eventually I gave up it was their own fault. I stopped sending them things about Tesla.

Now for them to justify why they made a mistake is they tell each other that I’m in a cult and got lucky. No matter how much I said I bought the stock because of the product and the future potential. I really don’t like they have this view of me. I recently talked to one of my friends about it and I said I know that they say I belong to a cult. What was interesting is she said not to be so hard on my friends. It’s true in a way. I know they are happy for me in a way but I know the only way the world makes sense to them is that I belong to a cult. It’s how they give themselves piece of mind. If I was in their position I would probably think the same thing. I wouldn’t talk about my friend that way to others though. I don’t know who these “friends” are that openly say it but I have an idea.

Anyways I’ll stop ranting. I’m sure some of you are going through the same thing.
Sounds like they aren't really friends if they are that salty.....My response to mine that act that way towards me is 'Have fun being poor...' 😊 😊 😊 😊

Hey guys. This is probably nothing but I just sold this $760 call on JPMChase and it came up like this. Never seen this 5:1 stock split thing before. Thoughts?

View attachment 684115

It was a leap option that showed up on the chain before the stock split happened. We'll see those come up for another 2 years or so before all pre-split options expire.

Found on Teslarati

"While electric cars still comprise but a fraction of the United States’ total vehicle sales, the pace of EV adoption in the country is accelerating significantly. This was evident in the first four months of 2021, which saw EV registrations rise 95% compared to the same period in 2020."

How do you spell exponential growth?

T E S L A
You did it, exponential growth. Well done

That my friend is your problem.
Have to watch to get an idea what the manipulators are up to. Apparently the good China Y news kept them from obsessing about Elon Musk on trial. I guess a bad day for the shorts and the MMers.Oddly they did mention Musk in regard to the Virgin Galactic and his billionaire buddy. They kept comment only on Virgin Galactic having a down day after a successful launch.

Convincing is something that the interlocutor has to do himself. A small series of simple question helps to form the opinion.
Give or take, what is the percentage of EVs sold as part of the annual car sales?
Given the need to combat climate change and world wide government incentives to achieve that, do you expect that percentage to increase?
Could a company that makes the best EVs and is guaranteed of an increasing market be a good and fairly safe investment?

Sounds like they aren't really friends if they are that salty.....My response to mine that act that way towards me is 'Have fun being poor...' 😊 😊 😊 😊
Yeah that’s why they are “friends” I know some say I’m in a cult but I don’t know which ones. Oh well. There are definitely some that are happy for me and think I’m actually pretty smart.

Reactions: AZRI11 and capster
Does anyone have insight into how Chinese consumers travel? I'd guess that they don't make the same sort of long trips like we do in the US or even Europe.

As an outlier I have met several Chinese RV's when pottering around in Europe in my own motorhome. They have driven all the way and often stay quite a while and visit "everything" from North Cape to Gibraltar before returning.

I would love to do the opposite but not by myself and none of my friends are FIREd. Perhaps Tesla can build out superchargers along the New Silk Road - then I would have to get a Cybertruck to travel in.

Way too early for this market. I suggest come back in 2 years. I invested in Archer, bail with a loss - they are selling a dream (no flying planes). Keep your money in $TSLA and if you like to invest in electric planes, do that with the money you gain from $TSLA in 2 years.
They did say, "by the end of the decade". Perhaps Sweden's Heart Aerospace could eventually become a buyout candidate for Tesla. :cool:

Sounds like Singapore when i used to live there....The country only allocates a certain number of 'driving permits' a year and you have to go bid for the right to own and operate a vehicle...sometimes the costs top $100k just to be able to drive in Singapore.
Hardly, like Singapore. They dream of being like Singapore. Northern China was often all masked up before Covid during winter smog alerts. The air is difficult to describe.

China is a bit odd in that southern/eastern China has a terrible climate for solar power. They have to reach out to Inner Mongolia to get sunlight but then you are far north of optimal latitudes. Oh well, whatever Tesla does in China to push forward the EV revolution is good for the struggle against climate change.