Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our friend Lora on the refreshed Model S fire... the owner is lawyering up:
"The owner since had the car removed from that facility, McGarvey said, and will have the vehicle investigated independently to try to determine the cause of the fire."

Odd that the owner can take possession of the car if the facts of the situation are under investigation.

"The owner since had the car removed from that facility, McGarvey said, and will have the vehicle investigated independently to try to determine the cause of the fire."

Odd that the owner can take possession of the car if the facts of the situation are under investigation.
Yeah seems VERY weird.

pure speculation on my part, but wouldn’t surprise me if they were trying to make sure some “personal effects“ of the owner (who is possibly a high profile professional athlete) are not discovered by an investigative agency.

Keeping My Fingers Crossed 🤞

Numbers reported in Europe thus far look strong.
Of course 2 big markets (Germany and UK) have not yet reported and can make or break the Qtr.
Troy projected a 9% increase, we are seeing 23% so far.

View attachment 680371
I am a bit nervous about these. UK with the incentive changes. Austria down so much so wondering could Germany be as well. Belgium, Portugal and Demark April and May numbers not as good as January and February.

1) Not sure how the owner would get possession of the vehicle before authorities, including Tesla, have a chance to fully inspect the vehicle

2) If he/she did somehow managed to take it someone to investigate it before Tesla can do their own investigation......Tesla will probably claim (and rightfully so) that the vehicle could have been tampered with during the independent investigation to either conceal/alter evidence and thus any lawsuit is void

It's a rather dumb move by the owner. It doesn't matter what they claim on the independent investigation claims once they do this

UK is expected to have a -ve growth
The growth in countries listed by you seems to more than offset that.
Comes down to Germany. Now if they have 23% growth :p

Yes the model 3 is no longer available for the consumer UK EV tax credit, but two things to consider:

1) the EV subsidy itself has dropped to only $2500, so the impact is somewhat muted.
2) the business exemptions for EVs remain in place for the model 3, and are very generous. Tesla itself lists the benefits on the model 3 page as follows:
(and notice that if the employee also commutes to inner London, the “savings” are almost the same as the upfront cost of the entire car)

1625176873444.png

Last edited:
UK is expected to have a -ve growth
The growth in countries listed by you seems to more than offset that.
Comes down to Germany. Now if they have 23% growth :p

We basically need ~9% growth over Q1 in worldwide deliveries to cross the consensus (get to 202K).
I am finding it very hard to believe we won’t be able to do that. If that’s the case, likely would be drop in China. Such drop in China would be concerning, in how much the FUD was effective there. I hope that’s not the case at all. Lets see.

EDIT: My take here is based on fragments of data, and some of it is anecdotal data, and what I way back heard from a friend from China on the brand value Tesla enjoys there. His family in China owns a Tesla.

Last edited:

Translation: The car will be brought back to UBS headquarters to be "investigated" on Independence Day.

If you give the local officials enough money, they will let you have it sure.

This isn't suspicious or anything. Obviously the media will report heavily on the fire and lawsuit and then coverage will mysteriously suddenly stop when the owner is revealed to actually be a TSLAQ member who bought and destroyed the car on purpose...

Reactions: corduroy
Perhaps there are fellow TMC members that are from / know the area where the car was found. If so, are there cameras around that area ?

The car may well have been picked up on security cameras in the minutes leading upto & directly after the incident.

I wonder if Tesla can pull footage from either this one or other Teslas that may have been in the area around the time ?

Would be rather karmically apropos if the case of this Tesla fire is solved by the Sentry mode / AP cameras of another Tesla, or better yet from FSD running in shadow mode from this very Tesla.

Last edited:
Perhaps there are fellow TMC members that are from / know the area where the car was found. If so, are there cameras around that area ?

The car may well have been picked up on security cameras in the minutes leading upto & directly after the incident.

I wonder if Tesla can pull footage from other Teslas that may have been in the area around the time ?

Would be rather karmically apropos if the case of this Tesla fire is solved by the Sentry mode / AP cameras of another Tesla.

here:

Google Maps

Thanks. Looks like a well to do area. There's gotta be cameras on those houses, and a Tesla or two in the area.

IF it is a nefariously motivated intentional act, like the recent China FUD, perhaps the shorties figured out the formula:

1 Tesla Plaid + 1 gallon of gas + 1 book of matches = lower cost than daily MMD's or possibly covering a large position.

We don't know the cause yet, so I withhold final judgment until we do, but are there SEC penalties or other financial penalties, and does anyone know what they are if someone purposely engages in behaviour to target the reputation of a company to hit the stock; for personal financial gain ?

Last edited:
Taiwan's June new car sales numbers are out. Total sale # 27,930 (down 67.5% year over year of same quarter, due to pandemic lockdown. Toyota took first place across all models sold at 6,329, Mercedez in second place with 2,467, Mitsubishi in third with 1,795. Tesla Model 3 is the 5th best selling car overall across all categories.

As for specific models, they are ranked according to produced domestically (enjoys tariff advantage), imported, imported luxary.
Domestic
1. Toyota Corolla Cross 1,826
2. Toyota Altis 1,082
3. Ford Focus 789
4. Honda CR-V 650

Imported
1. Toyota RAV4 1,141
2. VW Tiguan 458
3. Mazda CX-5 344
4. Toyota Camry 314

Imported luxary
1. Tesla Model3 675