Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"Value rotation"

giphy-1.gif

I was really freaking out yesterday. I had sold more Puts than I should have a couple weeks ago, and I was worrying about what would happen if they were assigned (would I have enough Margin if the SP continued to drop to 400). Green by $2.7M so far today. I guess you can add me to the list of TMC members with 💎👐 and balls of steel. :cool:

It's more a feeling than anything but If I had to try to objectify it, it seems too spastic, discombobulated, lacking cohesiveness. Of course I think that describes the most recent moves down also so maybe this has more staying power than I initially judged, only time and future events will tell. It's also possible that it looks this way because the price was artificially forced down too far in recent days and this is the resulting reaction.
Haven't been keeping up with the convo today, but certainly $695 has to be a magnet here. This push down was simply benchmarked hedge funds maneuvering a lower entry point. Now they have to cover their shorting and meanwhile there's a mad scrambke for alpha. Only so many chairs when the music stops!

I was really freaking out yesterday. I had sold more Puts than I should have a couple weeks ago, and I was worrying about what would happen if they were assigned (would I have enough Margin if the SP continued to drop to 400). Green by $2.7M so far today. I guess you can add me to the list of TMC members with 💎👐 and balls of steel. :cool:
Am I reading this right that you are up 2.7m just today. Holy smokes.

congratulations :)
I am only up 240k so far for today - but reentered the 2-comma-club like all the cool kids here :cool:
(and yes .. i am a bit leveraged ... :D )