Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sitting at the dealer right now. They were talking about an email that just went out. It seems if you had an S reservation you'll get the new S for $2k less.

They're getting a ton of calls asking about the situation. Unhappy people thus far. Doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. They were talking cryptically to each other and I said "well worth the price increase!".

They are building battery manufacturing into Giga Shanghai, Giga Berlin, and Giga Austin. That can only happen so fast. They are taking all the steps. It just takes a while.

Dan

The original gigafactory in Nevada seems to be the disappointment. Panasonic had such a huge opportunity there to grab the lead and show the world how to ramp battery production and... *crickets*

Didn't Elon mention how the steering wheel will disappear?
It looks about 40% of it has...
(I can see how as FSD becomes the norm this style "wheel" can be "teloscoped" into the dash out of sight. For Emergency use only.
dims

From page 6, "Financial Summary | Cash" in Tesla's Q4 and FY2020 Update: (pdf)

"our recent capital raise of $5.0B (average price of this offering was ~$632/share)"​

Since this offering raised $5.00B we can estimate that 7.911M (+/- 6.25K) shares were issued effective Dec 11, 2020.

This adjustment to the est'd number of shares issued does not materially affect CEO compensation milestones achieved during Q4.

Paging @The Accountant

And for those that were speculating back on Dec 08 / 09 that Tesla selling during the cap raise drove down the SP, no that did not happen. The VWAP for the 2 days combined was $628.04 yet Telsa average selling price was $632 (+/- $0.50):

20220-12-08-09.CapRaise5B.png

Tesla was long done selling shares before the SP slumped on Dec 09.

TSLA.chart.2020-12-09.png

Cheers!

Seems like the overreaction is beginning to fade and we are recovering. Getting back to Green today is a big ask but would be nice :)

Unlikely today, but for sure by Monday. People need to calm down, take the weekend to actually read teslas plans for 2021, and assess the chances of ANYBODY catching them on battery supply, then do some googling about where on earth any of teslas competitors think they will get their batteries from...then finally conclude that tesla are still unstoppable, and buy back in at Monday open.
Just HOLD and enjoy the ride.

Didn't Elon mention how the steering wheel will disappear?
It looks about 40% of it has...
(I can see how as FSD becomes the norm this style "wheel" can be "teloscoped" into the dash out of sight. For Emergency use only.
dims

Is it just me or does it look like the steering wheel can essentially draw itself into the dashboard. Not completely flush but still essentially out of the way

Or, just use the new wireless game controller to drive the car. :rolleyes:

Oh, like smart summon with your smart phone? :D Tesla is way ahead of us, snarkcasm or not! Of course, FSD removes the driver (almost) entirely.

I like it. I'm sure there's some kind of variable ratio so one is not expected to interact with the steering yoke as one would with a regular steering wheel. Most modern cars already have variable assist based on speed (power steering). I would expect no less with a steering yoke like this. We shall see, assuming it even makes it to production.

Dear Elon,
If you don't have Dojo designing video games for Infotainment in Tesla Vehicles you aren't as fun as I thought you were.

Signed,
Your Back To The Future Son

PS Give the Fart Machine a useful function and install smellometers in the seats so when someone does silently fart the machine will tell on them. NOW THAT'S FUNNY!