Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do they get access to the geolocation info of the IMEI of both someone's personal cell phone and of a Tesla car?
The telecos sell it. Cheaply enough that the people they sell it to resell it. Until recently it was an open secret that anyone could track anyone in real time for ~$100. When you are not the end consumer and buying in bulk its a lot cheaper.

Of course, alphahat may not be buying it off the market, but that is an easy answer as to how it is done. AT&T has announced plans to stop selling the real time data, but where there's money there's usually a way...

• Helpful
Reactions: lklundin
The telecos sell it. Cheaply enough that the people they sell it to resell it. Until recently it was an open secret that anyone could track anyone in real time for ~$100. When you are not the end consumer and buying in bulk its a lot cheaper.

Of course, alphahat may not be buying it off the market, but that is an easy answer as to how it is done. AT&T has announced plans to stop selling the real time data, but where there's money there's usually a way...

If the telcos stop selling it... hmm, is it legal for the general public to own stingrays?

Stingray phone tracker - Wikipedia

If so, a company could set up a network of them and then sell the data.

Do you know cost of a procedure upfront? Are there any unexpected charges from time to time? Do you have to wait weeks for a procedure?

And last question :) when you retire you will not have employers insurance - do you buy your own policy and for how much?

For the love of God, take this healthcare discussion elsewhere!!!

Some data-points for Belgium...

- I had a Heart CT Scan a year back, I paid €12 - the rest was paid by the insurance company (Belgian Mutuelle - annual cost €150 for myself end my three kids)
- My wife had an MRI a couple of months ago - €250 (was at a private hospital, so more expensive), 85% refunded by her work insurance
- Scintigraphy scan was a bit more expensive a €500 (same private hospital), 85% reimbursed
- One of our kids has to have her wisdom teeth out - €4500 for the whole deal, general anaesthetic, operation, private room, etc. Will be fully reimbursed

CT scan had a three week wait. MRI and scintigraphy was almost next-day. Wisdom teeth, three days for the initial consultation, operation planned beginning May.

As Europeans we have freedom of movement and we're wondering where to retire - sunny Spain, Provence, Tuscany? Well we're seriously thinking to stay in Belgium because the heath-care is so good!

That’s it. I’ve snapped. I’m going to reply to every post that talks about healthcare and tell them to MOVE IT OUT OF HERE!

FSD is vaporware until proven innocent. There is no indication that the car will be able to drive itself, other than Elon's words. If FSD releases this year in any legitimate form, I will eat my words. I will also eat really expensive dinners

Actually, Tesla already lost one class-action lawsuit for having sold the FSD option without delivering what they promised, that was a couple of years ago.

So, I would assume they feel confident they will not re-experience that.

Paving started. I think it's a road (straight line and lined with flags), but it could be part of the outer foundation. New side buildings visible and look almost complete (at least one is workers' apartments)

There's now English captions, which say (with small corrections):

Tesla China factory 特斯拉中国工厂20190306

Hello everyone,we meet again.
In about a week , I ran again.
Tesla, China's construction site.
What we see on the scene is.
The site is still on the ground.
The difference is that the pile driver has moved to the west gate.

The builders were busy too.
At the gate of the factory on two port avenue, it is very lively.
Obviously, the continuous rain in shanghai did not affect their mood,
Factory construction progress has not been delayed because of the rainy season.

I believe "the site is still on the ground" might be referring to pile-driving and related deep ground stabilization and foundation works?

If the telcos stop selling it... hmm, is it legal for the general public to own stingrays?

Stingray phone tracker - Wikipedia

If so, a company could set up a network of them and then sell the data.
Its questionable if law enforcement can (legally) use them, but talking about warrants and scope is waaaaay OT. But from a practical perspective that doesn't scale for the bulk data collection currently being practiced. Which itself is OT. My apologies.

For my wife's stuff yes, she pays up-front and is then reimbursed, so €250 for an MRI is what the hospital charges - that's a private hospital too where the doctors can charge what they want. There are other hospitals and clinics which keep within government prescribed costs, they are cheaper, but do have longer waiting times.

In my case, my insurance pays their share first, then I get billed. All costs are told up-front. In any case, nobody is refused treatment, even if you're homeless.

My wife has her health insurance after retirement, kids are covered until they're 25. AFAIK the cost of the independent insurance doesn't get particularly higher.

Please take this healthcare discussion elsewhere please.

That’s it. I’ve snapped. I’m going to reply to every post that talks about healthcare and tell them to MOVE IT OUT OF HERE!

Yes, you're right, it's not the place.

Only defence is that this was a discussion hours ago out of trading hours. It's further compounded by responses being hours apart and with complaints about the responses being made earlier, but not yet caught-up with in the post backlog.

If all that makes sense.

Anyway, apologies...