Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t see a whole market sell off. This is likely a combination of MMD and people getting antsy about the announcement from the SP after hours today. There are plenty of people likely taking profits today. I am not one of them.

85% of my watchlist is red, including Nasdaq, Dow and S&P.

"Sell off" is a bit strong, but it's a red macro day right now, for sure.

think this:

*U.S. Treasury: Firms Have 45 Days to Wind Down Dealings With Chinese Firm and Subsidiaries
*U.S. Sanctions China National Electronics Import & Export Corporation
*China National Electronics Import & Export Corporation Specializes in Defense Electronics

U.S. Sanctions CEIEC for Backing Maduro Regime in Venezuela
By Catherine Larkin
(Bloomberg) -- U.S. Treasury Department sanctions Chinese technology company CEIEC for supporting Venezuela President Nicolas Maduro’s regime.
U.S. cites efforts to restrict internet service and conduct digital surveillance and cyber operations against political opponents, according to a department statement
Treasury Department says “all property and interests in property of CEIEC, or any entity in which it owns, directly or indirectly, a 50 percent or greater interest, that are in the United States or in the possession or control of U.S. persons must be blocked and reported”

should be irrelevant I think?

"Cyber Monday" Sale on TSLA today only!
(deal ends 11/30/2020)

Lol, yup this is the one where the WSJ shakes the tree and chairs fall out. :p

Gonna look dumb when S&P DJI doesn't do a complete reversal of their public statement just to satisfy some MMs+hedgies, who are using their favored Fibonacci walk-down this a.m.

They're 'buying back' the shares they shorted soon after driving the SP down, then rince-repeat when the SP has risen back about halfway. They are afraid of being caught short when the news breaks against them later today.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Lol, yup this is the one where the WSJ shakes the tree and chairs fall out. :p

Gonna look dumb when S&P DJI doesn't do a complete reversal of their public statement just to satisfy some MMs+hedgies (who are using their favored Fibonacci walk-down this a.m.)

Cheers!

i didn’t read the WSJ article in depth but even if they break the buying into tranches, that was already implied in the original s&p announcement. so today we should not be surprised to see more than just a one time event to complete the ‘addition’ to s&p, no?

think this:

*U.S. Treasury: Firms Have 45 Days to Wind Down Dealings With Chinese Firm and Subsidiaries
*U.S. Sanctions China National Electronics Import & Export Corporation
*China National Electronics Import & Export Corporation Specializes in Defense Electronics

U.S. Sanctions CEIEC for Backing Maduro Regime in Venezuela
By Catherine Larkin
(Bloomberg) -- U.S. Treasury Department sanctions Chinese technology company CEIEC for supporting Venezuela President Nicolas Maduro’s regime.
U.S. cites efforts to restrict internet service and conduct digital surveillance and cyber operations against political opponents, according to a department statement
Treasury Department says “all property and interests in property of CEIEC, or any entity in which it owns, directly or indirectly, a 50 percent or greater interest, that are in the United States or in the possession or control of U.S. persons must be blocked and reported”

should be irrelevant I think?

CEIEC is not a supplier to Tesla as far as I can see.

• Informative
Reactions: UCF3
Let's keep it rational people!

Nov 30th is two half trading days away and S&P could conceivably do anything regarding the inclusion plan for December. I think there's a 99.8% chance they keep it to one of the two aforementioned options, but you never know. This game is rigged after all and there are no real rules.

I bring this up not to plan for the possibility of that .2% becoming reality, but to think about what the front-runners and day traders might do to plan for it. If I'm some unimaginative asshole day trader, with zero allegiance to any stock or any understanding of their underlying value, what's my chart-based move on Friday? Well I sell obviously!

Smart traders who got in to front-run when the inclusion plan was announced are up what.....~$150 right now? I think a fair share of them won't want to risk their entire pile of gains on a bizarre S&P decision Monday, no matter how unlikely. The downside of selling is you lose maybe 2-6% of additional gains after a ho-hum decision, but you protect and lock in the 40% you're already sitting on.

This could cross more than a few minds over the next two days and we could see a sharp selloff Friday/Monday with a massive rebound Tuesday. Highly highly unlikely, but just trying to envision a rational worst case scenario that makes sense through all the champagne bubbles. I would be very careful playing with call options for this week. And maybe have some dry powder ready.
The S&P jitters have hit the day traders. Feel free to sell and buy back tomorrow. It'll cost you maybe 2-3%, but give you piece of mind.

For the rest of you.....got your dry powder and options plan ready?

Order book looking as one would expect given the action - very sell-side heavy.

27E0C6DC-49ED-4358-941C-AC2835BC6EBF.jpeg

They are most likely using dojo beta. Dojo 1.0's hardware is an order of magnitude faster to train an order of magnitude amounts of data from mass roll out. But I am sure all the codes and hardware required for auto labeling/vacation mode is already piloted with limited beta release. So this 4d training seems to be working as expected.
I don't know enough about SH!T, but I was thinking this when I read the first couple of people that do know SH!T start posting they couldn't comprehend how the updates were such vast improvements so quickly.

Reactions: BornToFly