Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After-action Report: Thu, Sep 10, 2020: (Full-Day's Trading)

Headline: "TSLA Fends Off Bears to Close Green"

Traded: $32,493,224,532.18 ($32.49B)
Volume: 85,058,848
VWAP: $382.01

Closing SP / VWAP: 97.17%
(TSLA closed BELOW today's Avg SP)
Mkt Cap: TSLA / TM = $346.018B / $180.39B = 191.82%​

TSLA 1-mth Moving Avg Market Cap: $365.10B
TSLA 6-mth Moving Avg Market Cap: $207.13B
Nota Bene: 3rd tranche of CEO comp. unlocked as of Fri, Sep 04, 2020

'Short' Report:

FINRA Volume / Total NASDAQ Vol = 58.2% (59th Percentile rank FINRA Reporting)
FINRA Short/Total Volume = 37.7% (43rd Percentile rank Shorting)
FINRA Short Exempt Volume was 0.89% of Short Volume (48th Percentile Rank)​

TSLA - SUMMARY TABLE - 2020-09-10.png

Comment: "TSLA takes 'snub' and makes 'scrubbery' :D"

View all Lodger's After-Action Reports

Cheers!

In Rob Maurer's September 10 podcast there's a screenshot about a meeting with Elon and the Brandenburg Minister of Economics. It says: "In a conversation with Tesla boss Elon Musk last week, he once again reminded of German co-determination and collective agreements. That was certainly not received with euphoria."

I thought a company in Germany could choose to organize under EU law rather than German law and avoid these co-determination requirements. I don't know if Tesla created a German subsidiary or if the US company itself owns and operates the plant. Does someone have insight on why Tesla is stuck with the German requirements?

Excuse my ignorance, but how long will it take to charge a 517 mile capable Lucid on an Electrify America charging station? To my knowledge they have a long way to go to catch Superchargers. Granted, if they do have a range like that, you won't need to charge as much, but still something to consider.

faster than any current Tesla if you go by the presentation.

* 900+v system allows them to pump power into the battery pack over twice as fast
* 4.x miles per kWh means they don't have to put in as much to get the same number of miles.

that efficiency number is for the super luxury equivalent to the Model S but it has efficiency numbers more like the Model 3.

But since it won't be out in quantity until next year and it won't be cheap that gives plenty of time for TSLA to adjust products and pricing to match or beat.

I posted a few days ago here that my belief is that Tesla is likely the last frontier to publicly invest in Elon...

I think that’s right. Public markets are too irrational, short-sighted and distracting. With Elon’s track record, he can raise billions on the private market at the drop of the hat. Why deal with all the BS that the public markets bring?

Would it have been better if Tesla painted it white? If the adequate part was already abundant and cheap, I'd be upset as a shareholder if Tesla didn't clean every HD in a 500 mile radius. Now, I don't know anything about engineering so I'd defer technical judgment to the more savvy among us.

Just more FUD and Tesla hate bait. Not wood, but composite material. 2 reasons it was noticed at all was some of the strap edge protectors have a woodgrain outer finish and lack clean cuts on the edges. They serve the purpose of creating a tight hold on the strap edges while having a round outer surface to minimize wear on the strap. If painted and if clean cut edges then it never would have been noticed buried below the frunk. This was an assembly line fix and it now looks like there is a prettier part replacement. Some people must live their lives worrying about everything - very sad.

Probably part of a FUD campaign. Other parts may be:

1. Demand weak in China.
2. Gigafactory Berlin production costs too high
3. European built cars will be sent to China - demand weak in Europe
4. Gigafactory Berlin will be refused permits.
5. Labour costs in Berlin are too high, look at all the extra workers they need to employ.
6. Costs higher than expected in China, they need to send to Europe to get better selling prices.

FUD does not have to be consistent, the uncertainty is enhanced by inconsistency.

Edit: I forgot the perennial "competition is coming", this time in China.

A great thread worth reading, as is usual with @ReflexFunds - for those who can't access it, the size of the impact of accounting for Elon Musk's CEO stock tranches is not affected by the current stock price, but by how many operational milestones are expected to be reached.

So it is likely to be a $70 million impact this quarter -

unless they now expect an additional (fifth) milestone to be reached, meaning they would have to play catch-up and add ~$10 million for each of the past six quarters, making it around $130 million or so this quarter.

Then in Q4 either around $70 or around $80 million.

These numbers might be a bit off - go and read @ReflexFunds ' Twitter thread linked above for better information!
Q2-20 ER: "sequential increase in non-cash SBC expense primarily attributable to $101M related to 2018
CEO award milestones."

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger