Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla to make announcement tomorrow [5/3/2013]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, he did say that this is a followup to a prior announcement.

1) One of his prior tweets (in response to someone's query) was about working with the financing partners to refine the pseudo-lease program further. So, this could be a followup announcement on that front.

2) Also, the prepaid service plan vs. service-on-your-own-terms (as per the service announcement a few days ago) dichotomy needs to be addressed. That could be it too.

It's gonna be a relatively small announcement. That it didn't even qualify as 1 of the 5. It is just a clarification/modification to one of the previous ones.

A convertible, AWD, or 100 kwh battery would be such a big announcement that it would be announcements 1 through 5 itself!

OMG if he doesn't offer free Perf+ upgrades for the first 10,000 early adopters I am going to be totally bummed cause he's hyping this news so much and really why does he make everything so DRAMATIC all the time with his crazy tweets and hyped up announcements about MAJOR NEWS I mean jeez why can't he just do things like normal CEOs (except the part about giving me free stuff I'm ok with that...)
Can't believe it will be a 'free' P+ upgrade because many people just plunked down an extra 10K for it. I suspect that this will have some new information but will clarify some ambiguities, especially around service contracts and what 'hardware' upgrades will be included if you sign up for the service plan and perhaps getting some additional financing partners as there are several places that offer better rates than his current Wells Fargo partners.

The service plan announcemet was great news, and I find present pre-paid service plan attractive. I see some people disapointed over finance/lease offer - it would make sence to improve that (maybe increase sales), even thougth I personaly hope for some other news... (crash test video, finished 3 phase charging unit, ACC or even the first 1.5 facelift fixing some minor isues )
tweets are fine, what would we else use our waiting time with :)

Can't believe it will be a 'free' P+ upgrade because many people just plunked down an extra 10K for it. I suspect that this will have some new information but will clarify some ambiguities, especially around service contracts and what 'hardware' upgrades will be included if you sign up for the service plan and perhaps getting some additional financing partners as there are several places that offer better rates than his current Wells Fargo partners.

I insist it be free Perf+ upgrades for all or Elon is dead to me. In fact, having seen the multi-coat red pics of late, I think it really ought to be free Perf+ upgrades with complimentary re-paint for everyone who was so badly mistreated by Tesla's totally inappropriately producing these cars without offering that red to everybody from day 1. Bastages!

Moroneys best bits (Johnny Dangerously) - YouTube

I insist it be free Perf+ upgrades for all or Elon is dead to me. In fact, having seen the multi-coat red pics of late, I think it really ought to be free Perf+ upgrades with complimentary re-paint for everyone who was so badly mistreated by Tesla's totally inappropriately producing these cars without offering that red to everybody from day 1. Bastages!

Moroneys best bits (Johnny Dangerously) - YouTube
Well, I hope for your sake it is Perf + for everyone and a free paint job. Personally, not holding my breath on that one.