Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Supercharger network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The way people have been figuring this out is to look for the obvious locations (there won't be that many possibilities) and then look through the electrical permit logs for that jurisdiction. Permits applications happen about 2 to 4 weeks ahead of actual site work and will be pretty obvious. Most have said Tesla on the application but anything with hundreds of Amps service is very likely to be for an SC.

I think the biggest likely blocker is negotiating rights with property owners. I hope Tesla has several options lined up if the owners are greedy or otherwise uncooperative.

First supercharger open in Norway! There's supposedly an official simultaneous launch of several SC on the 30th, but it seems to be working already. :)

This one is at Gol, and connects Oslo and Bergen, the two largest cities.

gol3.jpg

There are some good pictures on the Texas Supercharger Location thread of the Columbus supercharger. Crates arrived with (supposedly) the connectivity hardware. Interesting one for this is that, apparently, the permit required the powerplant to be elevated some five to six fee in the air, so it is on a concrete platform with concrete steps leading up to it. Interesting, to say the least.

Cool to see - congratulations! Beautiful spot but wondering if there's anything to do while charging... Stores and restaurants back behind the camera?

I was in the area of the SC on saturday, so I stopped by to take a look. There isn't actually that much in the immediate vicinity. Just a slightly high-end fastfood-place and a gas station. The stores are around 1-2 miles away, so you'll have to walk something like 20 minutes each way. They could have placed the SC a bit closer to the stores, imho.

Is the Tesla map out of date ? Seems there are quite a few listed in this thread as open but not on the Tesla site.... ?!?!?!?!?!:confused:

The map of operational stations looks accurate, although some of the ones under construction are not "Summer 2013" and some "Summer 2013" stations aren't under construction yet. Here are superchargers under construction from various threads here at TMC:

Woodburn, OR opening 8/29
Norway 6 opening 8/30
Waco, TX
Columbus, TX
Port Orange, FL
Silverthorne, CO
Rockford, IL

Last edited:
Took a road trip which I will document a bit better on a different thread, but last Monday I hit the Darien, CT SC (met up with two members of the TMC, one expected, one a surprise), then met another member at the Delaware SC and the unexpected one from the Darien SC also showed up. On the way back yesterday only had gawkers, not other Model S's at both the Delaware and Milford, CT SC's. My first SC road trip after 12k miles.

Finally something about the Model S impressed my wife :)