Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Stores

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are probably going to follow Apple's example in getting around the anti-competative dealership laws. (just a guess)
How would that work? I would think they might be able to do it with separating sales and service. It would be a showroom and service center but no sales would take place. They would direct you to a computer in the store where you can place your reservation yourself. Not sure if that would work or not.

Any word on a Texas store or how they're planning on getting around the 'protect the dealership network' law they have here?

Good news! I have evidence of at least 1 Texas store!

attachment.php?attachmentid=2504&d=1315316371.jpg

I'm not sure how they got around the "dealership law." For service from this location, I'd gladly pay the $1/mile round trip fee. This location is less than 5 miles from me. :D

Attachments

• Houston Galleria.jpg
    Houston Galleria.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 1,159
Last edited:
Coda just opened a store in the Century City Mall (in Los Angeles) on September 1st. The only down side is that they installed 6 J1772 chargers in the parking lot that are "Coda only". I spoke to them about this and told them they should just be "electric vehicle only" and encourage other EV owners to use them too. They were open to the idea and said that three of them were always going to be in use charging their demo cars. I hope they get the idea of the "common good" and let other's use the chargers.

Good news! I have evidence of at least 1 Texas store!

attachment.php?attachmentid=2504&d=1315316371.jpg

I'm not sure how they got around the "dealership law." For service from this location, I'd gladly pay the $1/mile round trip fee. This location is less than 5 miles from me. :D

Awesome news. I wonder why they don't send out an e-mail letting Texas owners know about this but that's better than Oklahoma for their Texas service center.

Ah, yes, I heard them mention this at the Seattle Tesla Store. Tesla already has new employees in town to run the Belle Square Tesla Store, so they should be ready to hit the ground running when the store opens.

I wonder which VIN they'll put on display. They don't seem to have any left to display in Seattle, although I'm sure they're jockeying to get one for each. Soon there will be more stores than cars!