Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Stores

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A friend sent me this tonight.....sound familiar to anyone?

BMW Launches Dedicated Store for i3, i8 in London

As BMW gears up to launch its i3 electric car and i8 plug-in hybrid, the automaker has revealed its first showroom dedicated exclusively to the “i” electric-powered vehicles. Set to open July 25, the BMW i Park Lane store is located adjacent to traditional Mini and BMW showrooms in London. The i store currently houses concept versions of the i3 and i8.

BMW copying Tesla stores? Apple stores? There sure are lots of "i"'s in there

A friend sent me this tonight.....sound familiar to anyone?
BMW Launches Dedicated Store for i3, i8 in London
BMW copying Tesla stores? Apple stores? There sure are lots of "i"'s in there

I just posted this in another discussion...

Dropped by there last Thursday when I was in London on business.

A sad comparison to the Tesla stores.

They have the i8 sitting there (but don't try to touch it!)... not much mention of the fact that it is out-accelerated by the X5, and the rest is marketing smoke and mirrors. Also, it was about as welcoming as a high-end jewellery store with a bouncer on the door and all eyes on you as you move around. Didn't see the i3 when I was there but maybe it was out on show that day.

They have the money to do something better, but this still looks to be a low priority activity for BMW and not much more than a token marketing gesture.

If it were the best they could do Tesla need not worry, but we all know BMW can do these things very well. One day they will, but in the meantime Tesla has nothing to fear from these edustores.

From today's "Inside Tesla":

This weekend we will open our second Tesla Store this year in North America. It is located on 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica, California. 3rd Street Promenade is a very active retail street with tons of energy and activity every day. 3rd Street has a wide variety of restaurants, multiple theaters, convenient parking and loads of great tenants. It has a weekly farmers' market and is walking distance from the Pacific Ocean and the Santa Monica Pier. We open this coming Friday morning. Stop by and say hi if you're in the area. We plan to have both Model S and the Model X Design Prototype on display for all to see.

Not live on the site yet though: Tesla Third Street Promenade | Tesla Store Locations | Tesla Motors

In case anyone missed it, GeorgeB announced on the blog that the Santa Monica store would be opening this weekend and the Model X would be on display. That's not very far from Hawthorne.

Got to the private event for the Santa Monica store this evening. Bill Lee was there and Elon Musk showed up. Then we celebrated Elon's birthday!

Bill_Popo1.jpg

Bill_Popo2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if the Santa Monica store will be open for the public on saturday morning, and will still have the X? If it does, I might just have to drive up there saturday before my test drive to take a look at it.

Yes, the Model-X will be there for the weekend and then move on elsewhere.

Wished I could have sat in it and checked it out but there were too many people for a demo. :(

Yes, the Model-X will be there for the weekend and then move on elsewhere.

Wished I could have sat in it and checked it out but there were too many people for a demo. :(

Awesome, Thanks! This is turning out to be one exciting weekend, I will get to see all 10 colors of the Model S, take one for a test drive, admire the SpaceX factory from the outside (still wishing they would give tours to people there for the test drive event) and get to see a Model X! I can't wait!