Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First observation. This is the first day.
The Car tried to charge from the PW. I had my reserve set at 60% /40% just in case it did.
I changed my PW Automation using NetZero app. Amazing. I must say. Love it.
Maybe it will learn later not to discharge my PW. Don’t know and I won’t wait. 😆
IMG_0964.jpeg

1713324943005.jpeg

Reactions: DrewHou
I figure I’m gonna have to charge the PW from grid at some time. The flat rate Per kW is 14.3 cents. So I will charge them up at night to 70% from 30%. The real goal is to limit the Vehicle from draining the PW.
1713354458148.png

Hmmm I’m sure this plan works for some people but the idea of losing my free nights plus having to pay Tesla 30/mo just for car charging doesn’t make sense for me. Until they give true free nights for free they have missed me. Also given I am most likely not going to buy another Tesla makes Tesla Electric even more unappealing.
You aren’t the only customer that has told me. They will not buy a Tesla. I have friends and family too. That will not buy a Tesla. All due to Elon. His comments has overtaken the company’s image. I try to separate the person from the company. But when the company is solely controlled by Elon. You can’t separate it completely. I don’t care about my plumbers Beliefs or disbeliefs. I want the same type of CEO. If my Plumber isn’t coming to my house. Trying to recruit me to join his political agenda. I want the same type CEO. I want a Jensen Huang type CEO.

Failed projects or Stalled projects.
That’s my main concern.
How can you integrate vertically. Without keeping products in unison.
PW Compatibility
Software across Vehicles
Foundation Series Hustle.

I just notice my rate plan has updated in the charging stats. I had it customized. The name was different as well.
It is different from my utility plan that I customized yesterday in the Powerwall settings. I’ll probably make them the same. Even though it’s only unlimited free charging for vehicle only.
Such an Adventure. I’m here for it. 😆
1713360562806.png

You aren’t the only customer that has told me. They will not buy a Tesla. I have friends and family too. That will not buy a Tesla. All due to Elon. His comments has overtaken the company’s image. I try to separate the person from the company. But when the company is solely controlled by Elon. You can’t separate it completely. I don’t care about my plumbers Beliefs or disbeliefs. I want the same type of CEO. If my Plumber isn’t coming to my house. Trying to recruit me to join his political agenda. I want the same type CEO. I want a Jensen Huang type CEO.

Failed projects or Stalled projects.
That’s my main concern.
How can you integrate vertically. Without keeping products in unison.
PW Compatibility
Software across Vehicles
Foundation Series Hustle.
Yeah my reason is I only went with Tesla because they were so far ahead in range and battery tech and at the time the vehicles seemed to hold their value.

After losing over 60k in value in just two years and numerous problems I was already debating not getting another. Now that Elon is cutting people from service that is only going to make the experience worse. Mobile service is great, when it is available but taking it in is horrible. Plus the cost of maintenance for me has been more expensive than my BMW was. I never had to spend 650 for an air filter change just over a year in on my BMW and oil changes were included 😂.

Then sprinkle Elons insanity on top of it all and I am ready for a Porsche or a Rivian haha. I love FSD but later this year when I get rid of the Model S I will be looking heavily outside of Tesla. Although the new M3 performance may get a second glance when it hits 😂

• Funny
Reactions: Jones1
Yeah my reason is I only went with Tesla because they were so far ahead in range and battery tech and at the time the vehicles seemed to hold their value.

After losing over 60k in value in just two years and numerous problems I was already debating not getting another. Now that Elon is cutting people from service that is only going to make the experience worse. Mobile service is great, when it is available but taking it in is horrible. Plus the cost of maintenance for me has been more expensive than my BMW was. I never had to spend 650 for an air filter change just over a year in on my BMW and oil changes were included 😂.

Then sprinkle Elons insanity on top of it all and I am ready for a Porsche or a Rivian haha. I love FSD but later this year when I get rid of the Model S I will be looking heavily outside of Tesla. Although the new M3 performance may get a second glance when it hits 😂
I’m definitely going try other EV’s.
IMG_9993.png

Last edited:
If the refresh Model Y has PowerShare, I am buying another Model Y. If the refresh Y does not have PowerShare, I'll probably buy the ID.Buzz. :). While I like the Rivians, seem their software needs more baking time. BMW style is so extreme to me right now, it's a non starter for me... and I am a big BMW fan, e30, e46, e60 M5 owner here.

Reactions: DrewHou and Jones1
If the refresh Model Y has PowerShare, I am buying another Model Y. If the refresh Y does not have PowerShare, I'll probably buy the ID.Buzz. :). While I like the Rivians, seem their software needs more baking time. BMW style is so extreme to me right now, it's a non starter for me... and I am a big BMW fan, e30, e46, e60 M5 owner here.
Agreed. I would love another BMW but the choices are massive grill or tiny grill and they have lost that BMW look I loved so much. PowerShare on a model Y would definitely bring Tesla back into the fold for me.

I’m surprised that it’s taken so long for Tesla to implement PowerShare. Since I can’t add more powerwalls this would be a perfect solution. I could use my powerwalls on the regular but know in extreme weather events my car would be waiting to help extend power for a few more days.

Agreed. I would love another BMW but the choices are massive grill or tiny grill and they have lost that BMW look I loved so much. PowerShare on a model Y would definitely bring Tesla back into the fold for me.

I’m surprised that it’s taken so long for Tesla to implement PowerShare. Since I can’t add more powerwalls this would be a perfect solution. I could use my powerwalls on the regular but know in extreme weather events my car would be waiting to help extend power for a few more days.
The only BMW currently on sale that's got a normal grill is the 8 series. The M8 Grand Coupe is nice looking. :)

Looking at my Tesla loans. Vehicle amazing interest rate. Definitely compared to now. I played my model while performance off or down pretty ****ing fast. I just don’t see me buying a new vehicle unless it’s a cyber truck anything around 5% 6% 7% oh hell no 😆

After our 535i was bricked and Advantage Midtown refused to help me and the tow driver unload the car, I will never buy a BMW. I even bought the car new there and they (service manager) could take time to come out and take a look. Plus, I agree the look is too out there...

• Love
After our 535i was bricked and Advantage Midtown refused to help me and the tow driver unload the car, I will never buy a BMW. I even bought the car new there and they (service manager) could take time to come out and take a look. Plus, I agree the look is too out there...
The Best Service is No Service.

I had a X3M from BMW of the Woodlands and I had a few issues (ambient light not even, sunroof squeak) and every time I came in for issues or an oil change I dropped my keys they put me in something nice and I would come back later and get my car. Tesla service has been a huge downgrade for me but the sales process at BMW was my very last dealership sales experience. I was there all day just to buy a car.

I wish I knew how to create apps myself. All I want is an app with a nice UI that could pull in all my stuff from Tesla app, Span Panel, & HomeKit. Keep it all organized and in one place. I know I can hack it all into HomeKit or HA but that just always feels half baked.

Updated Net zero plan for Tesla Electric
To limit PW over charging from Grid. Well more than I need.
View attachment 1040828
Nice I have mine setup to be mostly self powered except when I run low or when I plug in a car. With the charging limited to free times makes it easier to decrease my grid usage.

Attachments

• IMG_1235.jpeg
    IMG_1235.jpeg
    522.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Informative
Just barely missed it, but our 1 yr PTO anniversary just went by! Made 7,028 kWh of solar during that time vs the 6,748 kWh /yr estimated by Tesla (and 7,059 kWh estimated by PvWatts!). Nice to see how it performed after a year without throttling 🙂

Could've been more if the roof vents had been on the north side, was forced to accept having less panels than I'd like there. The 2.4 kW's of panels on the north string max out at 1.25 kWh's during the summer and barely produce in the winter! vs the South string's 3.2 kW's getting up to 2.9 kWh's and producing all year 😮

• Love