Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The devil's in the details, one Gateway can communicate with up to 10 Powerwalls. But that's not the same as handling the load of 10 Powerwalls.
Ahhh I see. That all makes sense and very informative.

So the limitation may not be in location of my equipment but more a technical limitation. Time will tell but again I am enjoying learning more. I am hoping the install crew comes out and says oh no this is easier to do X way and it works out without a second gateway and they can place them where I need them.

HOA approval request was sent out today showing them Tesla wants them up front and on display for the neighborhood so that may be my next battle haha.

• Funny
Reactions: Jones1
As I predicted the HOA is throwing a fit about the location of the powerwalls. They want them behind the fence completely or inside of the garage. Since there is no other place on that side of the house behind the fence my only suggestion to them was to extend my fence all the way out to the end of the house. To hide the powerwalls and my gas meter too since the powerwalls are being installed near my gas meter. Crazy that the gas meter isn’t an eyesore to the people driving and walking down the road but a shiny pair of powerwalls is just too much. Cover the children’s eyes this guy has his powerwalls exposed!!! The horror!!!

• Funny
@DrewHou I noticed you seem to have a SPAN panel installed, how is it working out for you? I've been contemplating upgrading the standard panel with either SPAN or Leviton or doing a standard panel with Lumin. The 32 slot limit is the only thing stopping me from going with SPAN, we are at 30 (all used) in the current panel and will install a pool in the near future.

@DrewHou I noticed you seem to have a SPAN panel installed, how is it working out for you? I've been contemplating upgrading the standard panel with either SPAN or Leviton or doing a standard panel with Lumin. The 32 slot limit is the only thing stopping me from going with SPAN, we are at 30 (all used) in the current panel and will install a pool in the near future.
I love my span panel. The ability to look at the usage by breaker has made a big difference in how I consume power. I love the way it looks with the Tesla equipment. Works rock solid and when an outage happens like clockwork it kicks off my breakers that are not important and then even more when my powerwalls hit 50%. It really extends how long my powerwalls could power my home in an outage. Thankfully I haven’t had to test a multi day outage yet but in shorter outages it’s worked exactly as advertised.

Also I have mine almost maxed out already but figure I will figure out a solution when and if I need more breaker spots.

• Love
Yeah well last year with my solar install. They didn’t even warn me that someone was coming in a semi with pallets of stuff lol. Thankfully I was home but here’s to hoping that doesn’t happen again haha.
I remember. I told my wife. We were in shocked a company would do that. Then I remembered who I work for. They do that a lot. 😂
Last year. My system price went down. I believe it’s because they decided to use less emt and wire. So I got a small amount taking off.

I remember. I told my wife. We were in shocked a company would do that. Then I remembered who I work for. They do that a lot. 😂
Last year. My system price went down. I believe it’s because they decided to use less emt and wire. So I got a small amount taking off.
lol every company seems to be mostly incompetent nowadays haha. That’s been most of my experience the last few years anyways.

I am hoping as they were writing up permits they saw there was no need for the gateway and that they should put them in the garage with the other ones. My luck would never be that good though haha

• Funny
Auto insurance.
FYI

I added my wife’s vehicle. A Toyota Hybrid. To my Tesla insurance policy. For a $30 per month savings. Still haven’t received the documents yet. It was done through the Tesla app.
I believe it will start tomorrow.

Reactions: DrewHou