Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@DrewHou & Anyone on FSD Beta.

On X or Twitter. They are saying an updated FSD Beta is rolling out. That will be 2023.20.##. So now owners vehicles with FSD Beta should be able to Get the new features like charge by solar.
I'm on 2023.7.20 I think.
The wait begins… lol normally I don’t get the update until 2-3 weeks after people start seeing it 😂 and the fact my car goes back into the repair shop next Tuesday with another stay that’s “undetermined in length”. Maybe someday I will have a truly working car again… 😡 haha

• Informative
Reactions: Jones1
The wait begins… lol normally I don’t get the update until 2-3 weeks after people start seeing it 😂 and the fact my car goes back into the repair shop next Tuesday with another stay that’s “undetermined in length”. Maybe someday I will have a truly working car again… 😡 haha
Sorry to hear about the S. I’m usually in the middle of the upgrade process. 🙏🏽 Hopefully the Tesla 🧚‍♀️ will bless me. The Tesla Electric 🧚‍♀️ Needs to step it up as well. 😆

• Funny
Reactions: DrewHou
Sorry to hear about the S. I’m usually in the middle of the upgrade process. 🙏🏽 Hopefully the Tesla 🧚‍♀️ will bless me. The Tesla Electric 🧚‍♀️ Needs to step it up as well. 😆
I was just thinking this will probably be the one time I actually get it relatively quickly and it pop up as soon as I drop it off on Tuesday 😂.

I used to get the updates quick prior to the accident but after leaving beta and then rejoining after months I’m on the bad list now 😆

• Funny
The email I got also mentioned Powerwall 3, but are there any PW3s out there? I’ll order one as soon as they are available.
So PW3 is the Powerwall Plus. That Tesla sells to customers that get Tesla string Solar panels.
Tesla sells the older Powerwalls
PW1 & PW2 to 3rd party solar company’s. That use Micro inverters.
The Plus is the inverter combo.
PW LFP will be PW4 actually. I found this out last month. Emailing the Tesla VPP guy.

I'd be interested to see what kind of results we get with VPP first, I remember in California they were getting $300-$700 checks from it. My system can't support charging 2 powerwalls from solar (even though Tesla recommended I get two originally lol) BUT with Nights-Free maybe I can fill it everynight and sell back with VPP hahaha! Supposedly adding a Powerwall to an existing setup isn't that hard and you still get the 30% tax credit by purchasing one.

Reactions: Jones1 and DrewHou
The email I got also mentioned Powerwall 3, but are there any PW3s out there? I’ll order one as soon as they are available.
Looks like it might actually exist now.

Reactions: Jones1 and DrewHou
I'd be interested to see what kind of results we get with VPP first, I remember in California they were getting $300-$700 checks from it. My system can't support charging 2 powerwalls from solar (even though Tesla recommended I get two originally lol) BUT with Nights-Free maybe I can fill it everynight and sell back with VPP hahaha! Supposedly adding a Powerwall to an existing setup isn't that hard and you still get the 30% tax credit by purchasing one.
So from my understanding and I could be wrong. In Texas the only way they will be letting people in on the VPP is if you are with Tesla Electric as a provider. That’s what I understood from everything I have read so far. During this heat wave I need every drop of solar and both of my powerwalls just to keep things cool in my house though 😂 so guess either way it doesn’t help my setup.

• Funny
So from my understanding and I could be wrong. In Texas the only way they will be letting people in on the VPP is if you are with Tesla Electric as a provider. That’s what I understood from everything I have read so far. During this heat wave I need every drop of solar and both of my powerwalls just to keep things cool in my house though 😂 so guess either way it doesn’t help my setup.
I’m on the same boat! Especially now with evening Solar going down and temps staying high the only way I’d consider VPP would be with a spare PW shame it’s got to be with Tesla Electric.

Since Tesla knows my power usage, the app is tempting me with higher credits! Looks too good to be true though

IMG_3853.png

I’m on the same boat! Especially now with evening Solar going down and temps staying high the only way I’d consider VPP would be with a spare PW shame it’s got to be with Tesla Electric.

Since Tesla knows my power usage, the app is tempting me with higher credits! Looks too good to be true though

View attachment 967821
At least yours shows credits. Mine going all the way back to January doesn’t show a single month where I would break even. Probably because of the two EVs though.

Attachments

• IMG_4937.jpeg
    IMG_4937.jpeg
    328.3 KB · Views: 28
You definitely want a plan that matches your needs. That’s what I’ve been telling Tesla Electric. They need at least 3 plans.
The sell back rate changes so much. Without a free charging or unlimited charging at night plan. You won’t get many Tesla Vehicle owners to sign up. My winter (Texas Summer 2) bill was around what I charged my EV at. Now it’s a little cheaper. Because they are paying more per KWh and the surge times. When they pay in $.$$’s. Still no credit for me. My highest bill was around $80. My lowest bill was around $40. So far.

1692906989745.png

Last edited:
Also. I see that some FSD Beta software recipients. Aren’t getting the 2023.20 update. They are still getting the 2023.7.## update. It’s higher then my FSD version. But it will keep me from trying the charge by sun feature. That Tesla has now. It’s like buying a Samsung phone. Nice. Great screen. It folds. But after a year. No update. 😆 Tesla is becoming Android.

• Funny
You definitely want a plan that matches your needs. That’s what I’ve been telling Tesla Electric. They need at least 3 plans.
The sell back rate changer so much. Without a free charging or unlimited charging at night plan. You won’t get many Tesla Vehicle owners to sign up. My winter (Texas Summer 2) bill was around what I charged my EV at. Now it’s a little cheaper. Because they are paying more per KWh and the surge times. When they pay in $.$$’s. Still no credit for me. My highest bill was around $80. My lowest bill was around $40. So far.

View attachment 967926

Indeed, so only if that plus VPP make enough would I consider upgrading PWs and switching. Might be getting some money today though, just saw RTW spiked to $3,300/MWh and later today looks like it's going to be rough:

1692910368364.png

Reactions: DrewHou and Jones1
Indeed, so only if that plus VPP make enough would I consider upgrading PWs and switching. Might be getting some money today though, just saw RTW spiked to $3,300/MWh and later today looks like it's going to be rough:

View attachment 967941
I’m getting the PW LFP. It may not be worth it. But it is cheaper to add them on If you are already a Solar and PW customer. Plus the Tax credit. I believe I used about maybe 60-70% of it on so far. So after next year. I will need a credit. I’m in line for a CyberTruck. But I probably won’t get one until 2027. Since I’m not a YouTube influencer and I haven’t spoke too kindly on social media threads. 😆

• Funny
Also. I see that some FSD Beta software recipients. Aren’t getting the 2023.20 update. They are still getting the 2023.7.## update. It’s higher then my FSD version. But it will keep me from trying the charge by sun feature. That Tesla has now. It’s like buying a Samsung phone. Nice. Great screen. It folds. But after a year. No update. 😆 Tesla is becoming Android.

Well the Tesla 🧚 is in the neighborhood I just got visited 😂

Attachments

• IMG_4950.jpeg
    IMG_4950.jpeg
    202.6 KB · Views: 29