Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my thought on adding another charger is to get a second wall connector and power share from the first one. Since I had to have the first one put in via trenching and cost a literal arm and a leg 😂 and now with my solar wiring running through the same pvc in the trench it’s maxed out. So can’t run another wire through for a second charger. I can’t imagine ever needing to charge both cars at max speed at the same time so I don’t think it matters in the grand scheme of things.

Reactions: Jones1
So my thought on adding another charger is to get a second wall connector and power share from the first one. Since I had to have the first one put in via trenching and cost a literal arm and a leg 😂 and now with my solar wiring running through the same pvc in the trench it’s maxed out. So can’t run another wire through for a second charger. I can’t imagine ever needing to charge both cars at max speed at the same time so I don’t think it matters in the grand scheme of things.
I had the same thought for my two WCs. The run from my panel to my garage was 300ft of absolute madness so I ran a single branch and shared it across the two using a sub panel.

Reactions: Jones1 and DrewHou
1692385776411.png

Reactions: DrewHou
Anyone else download the Energy Data monthly using the CVS file? I put it in a spreadsheet that I keep to see how much I generate, use, and sell so that I can make better plan decisions. Ever since CoS was released, the "To Grid" (how much you export) column seems to be way off. The app says I'm exporting much more than the CVS files says. I asked Tesla Energy about it, but I've heard nothing.

Reactions: Jones1 and DrewHou
Today is my first full day switching my plan to Amigo post PTO.
Generated 225 kwh and still generating.
Exported over 72 kwh.

We will see how the system learn to optimize the generation/export in the coming days.
It's time to build up some credits to be used in the cloudy days.

Finally got the update on the Model 3! Model S who knows when it will get the update being on FSD beta stack.

This is really nice looking how it pulls the car into the garage. (I am a UI person) I also like how it also adds vehicle charging to all the graphs as well. I know I’m probably late to the party but I’m excited nonetheless.

Attachments

• IMG_4891.png
    IMG_4891.png
    647.8 KB · Views: 35
Anyone else download the Energy Data monthly using the CVS file? I put it in a spreadsheet that I keep to see how much I generate, use, and sell so that I can make better plan decisions. Ever since CoS was released, the "To Grid" (how much you export) column seems to be way off. The app says I'm exporting much more than the CVS files says. I asked Tesla Energy about it, but I've heard nothing.
Mine prior to CoS was all correct and matching. Now that I have CoS I will download the file at the end of the day and let you know if mine seems off or not.

Mine prior to CoS was all correct and matching. Now that I have CoS I will download the file at the end of the day and let you know if mine seems off or not.
I also notice that if I go back a month and download the month, it is different than it was before. I messed up my spreadsheet for July before I realized it. I guess I’ll wait to see if they fix it and then fix my spreadsheet.

I also notice that if I go back a month and download the month, it is different than it was before. I messed up my spreadsheet for July before I realized it. I guess I’ll wait to see if they fix it and then fix my spreadsheet.
Can confirm the same thing. I just downloaded last month again after downloading it a few weeks back and comparing them the new one has bad data. All the data looks correct except the column for (to grid) and it’s wildly inaccurate. Some days it shows I sold more solar to the grid than I even produced in total. I will also report this to Tesla so maybe we can get some action on this.

Not yet for me, i just messaged them for Charge on Solar...
Ended up disabling Charge on Solar, had a chance to observe it when we had excess solar and my system is just too small to get any use out of it, as I feared. It needs an extra 1kW steady production to even start and even though I had that it would start/stop often when home use spiked. Annoyingly it also doesn’t let the car sleep because it sits there waiting to charge. I have scheduled charge everyday of the week but preconditioning only on the weekdays. Somehow, since it was awake, it still preconditioned in the morning Saturday and Sunday. Oh well, maybe in the Fall/Winter when the AC isn’t running non-stop I might enable it again if I need to top up during the day without drawing from grid. With Nights Free and my low buyback it‘s just best for me to sell my excess instead. It’s a great feature for the right systems :)

Reactions: DrewHou and Jones1
Finally got the update on the Model 3! Model S who knows when it will get the update being on FSD beta stack.

This is really nice looking how it pulls the car into the garage. (I am a UI person) I also like how it also adds vehicle charging to all the graphs as well. I know I’m probably late to the party but I’m excited nonetheless.
The UI additions are great, they still happen at night when charging from grid too.

Reactions: DrewHou and Jones1
Selling back higher and earlier today. Tesla Electric must have charged my PW earlier or last night.

Selling back higher and earlier today. Tesla Electric must have charged my PW earlier or last night.

View attachment 967070
Yep, me too, but it is already down to 7.5 cents and still selling without the PW full. I wonder if there is a grid event that they need the power for.

Reactions: Jones1
Nope, does anything show up under grid? Even with CoS disable I see it like this:
Thanks for sharing that. Nope nothing under any of them. I guess it doesn’t really matter but strange it is not showing for me. I deleted the app and logged back in and still nothing. I assume it must be something either buggy since it’s new or maybe it wants to wait until both of my cars are updated. 🤷‍♂️