Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s the Tesla Way. Lol

So when you click this link.
Nothing happens for you?
I believe you get an invitation or it will show up in app for invitation.

I just got PTO today. What's a journey with Centerpoint and try to throttle my big system during the day so it does not back feed to the grid and ruin the PTO process.
I'm with Reliant free night and it's been working fine. The last 2 months have been $19 and $14 bills respectively but I want to move to another plan to allow buy back.
I'm thinking Amigo energy. Anyone know the cons/pros of Amigo and Just Energy?
Amigo has been smooth sailing for me, been using them for 13 years! You seem to be always able to reach them by phone and they’re responsive via email too. No complaints

Reactions: Jones1
It took a bit to pop up on its own for me after PTO, you should see it soon.
Should I wait for Tesla electric plan instead of going with Amigo? I know what I will get with Amigo but it seems uncertain how Tesla will work with my system. I know I should get credit every month so I won't ever have to pay.
But with Tesla, it's hard to tell.
I have a large consumption home (2 EV and fully electric with pool pumps, etc) so I think the plan with free nights like Amigo may be better.

@DrewHou
I may switch to Just Energy. Still debating Amigo vs Just Energy (they are like twin companies with very similar websites).
In case I go with Just Energy, do you have a referral code I can use to get you some credits?

Sure do! Anyone is welcome to use my code as well. Looks like right now Just Energy is offering a $100 credit with the code so makes for a nice credit to start with!

Referral code: 1651740

For the last week. I’ve seen up to $4 per kWh. Haven’t gotten a new bill statement yet. The last statement I paid was around $40. It was not enough to have a credit left over. Tesla Electric. Have emailed to say that they are coming out with new plans in September or October. Unlimited charging and different PW plans. To make more money or credit. I will probably leave and come back if they have something available for me in a year or so.
I currently can’t do the charge by Solar because of my FSD beta. My car isn’t on the normal software that the new cars are on. It’s a Cluster F*** with all the different branches of software. It’s like Android.
I got my bill yesterday and I have a $73.37 credit for the month. That is a total of $114.95 credit for July and August. It will be interesting to see how well this works out for offsetting my fall and winter bills. My average buyback price for August (7/12 to 8/12) was $0.37/kWh. For the last 2 weeks, I've seen consistent prices between $0.50 to $3.00/kWh starting around 2:00 pm.

I got my bill yesterday and I have a $73.37 credit for the month. That is a total of $114.95 credit for July and August. It will be interesting to see how well this works out for offsetting my fall and winter bills. My average buyback price for August (7/12 to 8/12) was $0.37/kWh. For the last 2 weeks, I've seen consistent prices between $0.50 to $3.00/kWh starting around 2:00 pm.
At the high buyback prices, Tesla Electric sucks down my Powerwalls pretty fast and I'm importing power by about 7-8:00 at night. I've seen power still over $1.50 at that time, but I was out of battery capacity. I'm trying to figure out if it is worth it to buy another Powerwall, probably a Powerwall 3 when they finally come out. Probably not worth it economically, but it would be nice to have more power during an outage.

Reactions: DrewHou and Jones1
At the high buyback prices, Tesla Electric sucks down my Powerwalls pretty fast and I'm importing power by about 7-8:00 at night. I've seen power still over $1.50 at that time, but I was out of battery capacity. I'm trying to figure out if it is worth it to buy another Powerwall, probably a Powerwall 3 when they finally come out. Probably not worth it economically, but it would be nice to have more power during an outage.
Seems to me my hunch is right, Tesla Electric is more rewarding for large systems with more Powerwalls. Both you and @EL0NTRK have the potential to make much more with >20kW solar and Tesla Electric. Might be that @Jones1 system isn't big enough to take advantage of that. Texas REPs in general don't seem to reward exporting solar much. Many don't buy back and offer only 3c/kWh or RTM etc. We also don't have net metering so that leaves very few options.

Reactions: Jones1 and DrewHou
Seems to me my hunch is right, Tesla Electric is more rewarding for large systems with more Powerwalls. Both you and @EL0NTRK have the potential to make much more with >20kW solar and Tesla Electric. Might be that @Jones1 system isn't big enough to take advantage of that. Texas REPs in general don't seem to reward exporting solar much. Many don't buy back and offer only 3c/kWh or RTM etc. We also don't have net metering so that leaves very few options.
I was saving money when I had the system installed and only got the 2 PWs instead of the recommended 4. Now I regret that decision, but it seemed smart at the time.

Reactions: Jones1 and DrewHou
Definitely getting the PW3 LFP. When they come out. I'm like you. My PW is Tapped by 8pm. When. Tesla is sucking it dry and paying $.$$. I do lower my Reserve down to 10-5%. Then after peak time. I charge my Reserve back up to 20-25%. I know Tesla Electric is a great plan for many. I have been hearing coworkers. That have the same plan as I do. They have been getting Paid. I don't work from home. So days I get home late or it's around the time Tesla Electric is paying good money for my energy. So the only day I can charge from the Sun. Is on the weekends maybe. When I'm at home. Hopefully they roll out a few new plans. Like they promised us. With availability for everyone. Not just new model 3 owners. 😆

I'm signing up with Amigo (if they figure out why their system sees my address as not having a smart meter) and see in 12 months how the Tesla plan works.
I just got PTO and the plan doesn't show up yet for me. It's a waste to not get something back for the extra solar I'm generating everyday.
I also very skeptical of getting my powerwall sucked dry every night and run into a power outage.

My car updated to 2023.26.8 last night. The release notes just say Minor Fixes, so I'm not sure what the change is. I plugged the car in today after the PWs were full and it worked fine on CoS. Yesterday, the system was exporting solar at a much higher rate than it was being put in my car, so I unplugged the car, plugged it back in, and then it worked correctly. Today, the same thing happened, but it corrected itself quickly and I didn't have to unplug and plug. I'll test it tomorrow by leaving the car plugged in overnight and see if the PWs or car get filled first in the morning.

My car updated to 2023.26.8 last night. The release notes just say Minor Fixes, so I'm not sure what the change is. I plugged the car in today after the PWs were full and it worked fine on CoS. Yesterday, the system was exporting solar at a much higher rate than it was being put in my car, so I unplugged the car, plugged it back in, and then it worked correctly. Today, the same thing happened, but it corrected itself quickly and I didn't have to unplug and plug. I'll test it tomorrow by leaving the car plugged in overnight and see if the PWs or car get filled first in the morning.
I rushed home for lunch and also to test out CoS but the wife was doing laundry and had no Solar to spare. After home use went down I had a note in the app stating “Charge on Solar paused for Powerwall priority”. Had to leave before the PW was back to 100% so didn’t get any power to the car :( Seems it wants the PW to be full before sending anything to the car (same if it was just grid).

I rushed home for lunch and also to test out CoS but the wife was doing laundry and had no Solar to spare. After home use went down I had a note in the app stating “Charge on Solar paused for Powerwall priority”. Had to leave before the PW was back to 100% so didn’t get any power to the car :( Seems it wants the PW to be full before sending anything to the car (same if it was just grid).
What it did to me yesterday was fill up the car instead of the PW in the morning, but then switched to PW Priority around 11:30. At that time, it filled up the PW from both solar and grid, so I had to pay 11.2 cents/kWh to fill up the PW because Tesla Electric wanted it full by the 4:00 peak time. If it had prioritized the PW in the morning, it would have been full by noonish and then could have filled the car with solar. Very irritating because I had to use grid power to fill the PW.