Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What was your grid usage for the billing period? Do they break it down like most providers?
I was so happy it was $12. I didn’t even notice the date period on the statement. I just looked at it. It’s only for a week. It didn’t include the $2-$3 per kWh that I was getting on the 22-23rd of December. It was from 12/15-12/21. I’ll crop it. So my address doesn’t go out. Lol

1674020396994.jpeg

I got about 5 pages. The first few pages had the totals. The last pages shows the data in 15 minutes intervals like Smart Meter website or MP2 Shell did. Hopefully the next Bill.

Sorry for the crops. I trust that more than marking my address over. 😆

1674020761188.png

Reactions: DrewHou
I got about 5 pages. The first few pages had the totals. The last pages shows the data in 15 minutes intervals like Smart Meter website or MP2 Shell did. Hopefully the next Bill.

Sorry for the crops. I trust that more than marking my address over. 😆

View attachment 896932
Hahaha I’m the same, always better to crop. Very interesting they bill so late but I guess for Tesla that tracks 😂.

So not much to really go off of yet but wild they give 15 min usage reports. Glad they are not sending paper bills.

@DrewHou are you using your 6E band? Or you just using it for backhaul on your router? I only have a Pixel 7 that can use Wi-Fi 6. All my Apple products or Wi-Fi 5 capable. Maybe my iPad Pro is 6E. I need to check.

View attachment 896938
I am using it. All of mine are hardwired so no need for the backhaul between the other nodes in my setup. However, I have two devices that use 6ghz neither of which really benefit from the higher speeds.

I am using it. All of mine are hardwired so no need for the backhaul between the other nodes in my setup. However, I have two devices that use 6ghz neither of which really benefit from the higher speeds.
Thanks for the tip. I might do the same. My office location can be hardwired. The other is not close enough for it.

Yeah hardwired is the way to go with mesh systems imo. Even if you can find a way to hide a flat Ethernet cable under the baseboards it’s worth the next trouble. Signal stays rock solid.
I’m debating on bumping up to 2gig fiber. I don’t need it. But I’m going to call AT&T and ask for a Promotion deal. It’s only $20 more currently compared to what I’m paying. Maybe I can get it bumped up for $10. 😆

I was so happy it was $12. I didn’t even notice the date period on the statement. I just looked at it. It’s only for a week. It didn’t include the $2-$3 per kWh that I was getting on the 22-23rd of December. It was from 12/15-12/21. I’ll crop it. So my address doesn’t go out. Lol

View attachment 896930
Show us page 3! Interested to see what Market Rates appear or if they average it out for the period. :)

Reactions: Jones1
Yes. You will have to play with it. To get the best deal out of it. I’m on the Tesla Electric plan. Which would usually start discharging around 12am-2am. So I moved my Vehicle charging to 11:45pm. Set it on a lower amp setting. So it will pull less than 5kwh. I had it pulling about 1-2kwh. It worked great for two days. Then the PW started to discharge around 3am-4am. I guess it was looking for the least used time of day. To self power. So I said F It. Moved my Vehicle charging time back to 7:15pm. Around the time I would be home and after peak. Now I plan to charge to a level of what I pull in for the day. If I pull in extra kWh’s that my home doesn’t use. I charge up at a higher rate. It’s fun to play around with it. But nerds like us. Need more options. 😆
Well, my mini-experiment worked for today at least. The car charged an hour before Peak-Rates started and the PW did discharge early again but with nothing consuming electricity, it kept a high SoC. Now I wait to see if it tries to "learn" a new behavior from my use changes and discharges at 5 am instead. Wish there was just a simple toggle to indicate "Do not discharge PW during off-peak unless outage" =/

Reactions: DrewHou and Jones1
Ironically I just got a survey from Tesla asking me why I didn’t sign up for Tesla Electric. After looking at the numbers I’m 100% positive free nights is the way to go especially since we are now going to have two EVs and a 3300ish sq foot home on a 9.2kw solar system. I put that in the survey as well. Give me free nights on Tesla Electric and I’ll switch but I need truly free not free plus delivery charges.

Ironically I just got a survey from Tesla asking me why I didn’t sign up for Tesla Electric. After looking at the numbers I’m 100% positive free nights is the way to go especially since we are now going to have two EVs and a 3300ish sq foot home on a 9.2kw solar system. I put that in the survey as well. Give me free nights on Tesla Electric and I’ll switch but I need truly free not free plus delivery charges.
I’m at work. I haven’t look at the numbers. But you are right. They need to do a lower rate for night. For charging your EV. It doesn’t have to be free. It can be 5-8 cents. It would be more appealing. I’m going to stay with it. Seeing how the $2-$3 sell can happened at any time. I would be a fool. Not to get a 12 month look at it. Especially after paying a termination fee for MP2 and Reliant last year. 😆

Agree, right now I consume almost 0 during Peak. Lets see how many months I can get away with only paying the base charge hehe Even then, if they buy back 165 kWh in a month then it cancels out.

Reactions: Jones1 and DrewHou
I’m at work. I haven’t look at the numbers. But you are right. They need to do a lower rate for night. For charging your EV. It doesn’t have to be free. It can be 5-8 cents. It would be more appealing. I’m going to stay with it. Seeing how the $2-$3 sell can happened at any time. I would be a fool. Not to get a 12 month look at it. Especially after paying a termination fee for MP2 and Reliant last year. 😆
I’d even go for a short period of free energy like 3-4 hours. Then I could charge the powerwalls and both the cars and hopefully have enough to stay on battery + solar the rest of the time for the most part. I’m most interested to see how my two powerwalls hold up in the dead of summer when the AC runs 16+ hours a day. Prior to Solar I would over cool the house overnight to keep the AC from kicking on early in the day to save money. I can not wait to see summer time production numbers vs usage.

Agree, right now I consume almost 0 during Peak. Lets see how many months I can get away with only paying the base charge hehe Even then, if they buy back 165 kWh in a month then it cancels out.
Yeah that’s my thought. Especially if I’m using 1000kw of grid and paying 6 bucks to reliant for it. I’m waiting for a call thats yeahhhh we no longer want you as a customer. 😂

• Funny
Reactions: Jones1
I’m thinking summer time will be a higher demand time for sell back. So the price will go up per kWh to sell. I’m thinking I will sell 80% of what I produce. I’m not at home all day M-F. Until the sun goes down. Then I would charge my Tesla after 7pm. I do believe Tesla will make changes to the Plan overtime. To get more people to sign up. Tesla is an energy company First. A car manufacturer second. The cars will make the profits. Until Tesla can get major profits for Energy. It will take a while but honestly. If I can have a Credit or only pay a couple of hundred dollars for the year. For electricity. I look at it as a win. If I’m paying $100 per month on average. I will shut it down and switch plans. 😂

Sorry for the long text. I’m at work and they are expecting me to work on things. 😂

• Funny