Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Showroom Opens in Tysons Corner, VA!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all... gonna take a field trip to the Tesla Store at Tyson's tomorrow, and then catch Iron Man at the theater with my S I'm picking up this afternoon!

Where exactly are the Tesla parking spaces? I can't tell from the pics. There are 2 parking structures... North and South of the mall... I usually park in the North one, as it's easy to get off 495 on to 123 and zip across the "bridge" directly in to the garage...

Thanks.

Garage is "Terrace C" which is directly across from Nordstrom. As you enter garage near Nordstrom, you will see the spots on your right but they have the traffic blocked so you have to drive further into the garage and loop back to get to them.

Excellent, thank you DfibRL8R... I'll aim for them this evening. Perhaps I'll run in to a fellow owner.

I'm picking up my buddy who's a fellow enthusiast to head over for the movie... so if anybody there sees a blue S85 without plates yet, and a trail of drool on the ground leading away from the passenger-side door , that's likely me. :biggrin:

Thanks again... found the spot after realizing that to get to the lowest level you have to make sure to not enter Terrace C from the driveway that starts on level 2... there is apparently no way to drive down to the lowest level... at least that we saw.

FWIW, when I was there tonight, and chatting with one of the Gallery folks, and she told me that Model S chargers were due there soon. When I asked if she meant adapters for the Roadster chargers already on the wall, she said "No, Model S chargers."

IMG_20130525_175117_902.jpg

I was there tonight charging with it. The car defaulted to 60A, and not knowing if that one had the fuse issue I left it alone.

Talking to Beau (the Gallery mgr, I believe) he said they too are awaiting the cable hanger. :smile:

They also hope to get a roadster adapter sent form the DC store soon, but he said those things are uber-rare..

So swegman was at the store today and he told me, unbelievably, there were no cars on the floor. The person working there told him a fire marshall (who was not the usual one they've been working with) came and told them that it was against fire code to have gas-filled cars in the store. They told him that there was no gas in these cars and he said he didn't care, so they had to move the cars out. I'm pissed that TM has to constantly deal with this BS... Swegman, please add details if necessary.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

So swegman was at the store today and he told me, unbelievably, there were no cars on the floor. The person working there told him a fire marshall (who was not the usual one they've been working with) came and told them that it was against fire code to have gas-filled cars in the store. They told him that there was no gas in these cars and he said he didn't care, so they had to move the cars out. I'm pissed that TM has to constantly deal with this BS... Swegman, please add details if necessary.

It's almost unbelievable. I doubt that the fire marshall is this incompetent, s/he's obviously politically motivated. I'd love to see the paperwork for this "violation."

Sigh. Our tax dollars at work.

NADA likely sent him. At some point, we as buyers are going to have to sue a state for interfering with interstate commerce. Tesla would have less of a chance of success. Juries favor the little guy. One victory in federal court and all the states with anti-Tesla laws will be in big trouble. Who wants to fire the first shot?

That is a scary picture. Someone needs to get 60 Minutes or Anderson Cooper to follow the path back from that frickin "fire marshall." And Tesla needs to send out some Model Ss without a battery or whatever spooked the marshall so people can still sit in the cars and see them. If they can't plug them in then the marshall is going go have to go to the Microsoft store next door and take all those computers as well... I heard Tysons was getting THE most foot traffic of all the stores in the country. BS.