Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service - wash before pickup

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just put my new model Y into Glasgow Tesla service centre as it had a chip on the paintwork and a scuff on the PPF when I picked it up a month ago.

I was a little shocked if honest. The loaner vehicle was a Model X, 4 and a half years old and was really showing it! Very dated, creaky and makes all sorts of noise when charging! When picking it up, it was really quite dirty inside - smears on the screen, brown “stuff” in the cupholders and just dirt - surprising post covid! Plus trim hanging off!

I have had the Model X for a week and picked up my MY today and repairs all done. I walked around the car to check there were no damages during its time in the garage and then noticed that the whole car had not even been given a wash before handing back to me!

Am I being too picky? All other car manufacturers have better standards and I was expecting (maybe wrongly) for better or same standards.

Anyone else have the same experiences? 2DCA999E-2E05-46D2-9288-B92133F4ACAF.jpeg2BB08F3B-E058-4EF7-93D1-665FAB8325D6.jpeg

Tesla stopped washing cars before returning them from service in the US in like Early 2019.

I dont know if you are being picky or not, but I DO know that any of those dealers that wash cars like that use the bottom rung employees to do so, and they dont care in the slightest about dirty towels etc. You will get all sorts of micro scratches etc letting a dealer wash your car (any of them I am aware of, including Audi / BMW etc.)

Perhaps when you get into rolls / bentley status, they dont do that but I have no idea. Other than that, we are all likely better off they dont do it any longer.

I just put my new model Y into Glasgow Tesla service centre as it had a chip on the paintwork and a scuff on the PPF when I picked it up a month ago.

I was a little shocked if honest. The loaner vehicle was a Model X, 4 and a half years old and was really showing it! Very dated, creaky and makes all sorts of noise when charging! When picking it up, it was really quite dirty inside - smears on the screen, brown “stuff” in the cupholders and just dirt - surprising post covid! Plus trim hanging off!

I have had the Model X for a week and picked up my MY today and repairs all done. I walked around the car to check there were no damages during its time in the garage and then noticed that the whole car had not even been given a wash before handing back to me!

Am I being too picky? All other car manufacturers have better standards and I was expecting (maybe wrongly) for better or same standards.

Anyone else have the same experiences?View attachment 846710View attachment 846711
I know! The last time my car was in for service, I asked if they had any Grey Poupon and they just looked at me like I was an idiot. :(

They gave you a free loaner as a convince for a paint chip repair. Not sure how much more you expected. People abuse rentals and loaners, they are not meant to be show cars. In our area they decorate All the windows and doors on loaners of other brands so your a driving billboard. Clown car if you will. I find that more bothersome and unprofessional personally. And generally the last thing you do is power wash a car after paint repair. Might be a bit picky….

Thank god there is no car wash. BMW did that to my wife’s 530xi and the water leaked in and fried the Bluetooth module and the radio. $3500 in repairs, none of which were covered under warranty. I wash my own car, others are not allowed to do it.