Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Service (or lack of)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings, fellow owners!

For the past year, I have probably visited the service center more than a dozen time for warranty related issues making me well aware of my rights under the Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act. Recently, I noticed the ability for me and several others to book appointments has disappeared. So now that I need to book yet another appointment after picking up my vehicle last week, I noticed the option is not available online or the app. I call Tesla and the phone recording says to go online or use the app. I have sent a text to the mobile service tech as well also falling on deaf ears. I am starting to speculate that Tesla may be segregating owners and making those with high amount of service visits unable to book appointments. Is there anyone else out there who has had a similar experiences that can confirm/deny their ability to book service appointments? At this point I feel I have no choice but to talk to a Lawyer.

I don't think it's deliberate... lots of people have noticed the same issue just recently. Seems to be related to the re-do of the website... now I don't think it is excusable as they have now, as you noted, made this the only way to schedule an appointment and it's a nightmare to get a hold of anyone.

Not sure what the website has to do with the mobile app and some people having it and others not.

I’d call support again and select the option for ‘problem with car features/charging’. That seems to be the only way to get to anyone.

You can then ask the clear question how do you make an appointment when your app does not have the option. Forget ‘why’, ask how.

Love to hear the answer, report back! :D

The mobile app almost certainly uses the same APIs as the website for service scheduling so if they are working on one then it's likely they are working on both... Also just so happens that they both dropped out at the same time.

The other option is that there is some corruption in some users accounts. Causing the issue. It's highly unlikely Tesla would deliberately limit users ability to schedule service.

I am one of these users btw... submitted a "help request" and have not heard back on it. The website does show my currently scheduled service visit though, just can't see it in the app or make any additional scheduled visits from either location. Also can't buy the FSD upgrade or upload new docs etc etc.... Website is broke... at least for me...

I don't think it's deliberate... lots of people have noticed the same issue just recently. Seems to be related to the re-do of the website... now I don't think it is excusable as they have now, as you noted, made this the only way to schedule an appointment and it's a nightmare to get a hold of anyone.

So once again the most charitable explanation for a failure on Tesla's part is 'gross incompetence'.

From a supposed tech company that's going to deliver a million self-driving cars next year.

Reactions: Petrocelli
Communication and technical issues aside, if you need to make an appointment, another option is go onto the support website and launch a chat session. The rep can schedule it for you.

(This worked for me earlier this year, which I contacted them via chat to remote diagnose an AC issue.)

• Informative
Calling my service center gets a recording to go to the web site at a particular URL. There they say use the App. For one car, the app allows scheduling service, but the one needing it doesn't.

#DistopianNightmare #TeslaDumpsterFire

• Informative
Finally got to the chat portion of the site... you have to walk through the steps of sending them a message/email now for the option to come up. Anyway she told me that the scheduling is off right now because they are working on the feature.

• Informative
Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. I stopped by the SC the other day and they were just learning about the inability for customers to make appointments. As expected, my speculation of removing this feature for some users is most likely false, and I noticed the option in the app reappeared last night after a software update. The good news is the SC was able to take the car in and correct the issues over the last couple days.

The SC did say to just come by or press the option fo check on a vehicle to speak with someone if we cant get an appointment. It does sound like there may be an effort to enhance the service experience for better. We shall see.

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. I stopped by the SC the other day and they were just learning about the inability for customers to make appointments. As expected, my speculation of removing this feature for some users is most likely false, and I noticed the option in the app reappeared last night after a software update. The good news is the SC was able to take the car in and correct the issues over the last couple days.

The SC did say to just come by or press the option fo check on a vehicle to speak with someone if we cant get an appointment. It does sound like there may be an effort to enhance the service experience for better. We shall see.

What service center do you use?

Communication and technical issues aside, if you need to make an appointment, another option is go onto the support website and launch a chat session. The rep can schedule it for you.

(This worked for me earlier this year, which I contacted them via chat to remote diagnose an AC issue.)
Can you direct me how to get to the chat in a detailed manner? I can not find this.

I made an appointment with the app last week and the tech came this morning. That appointment is still showing, I can't delete it nor schedule another appointment.

I tried the website. I logged into tesla.com but didn't find a "chat" location. But I did find in the footer of the home page "Contact" (Contact | Tesla) that opened a page with "Submit a question or comment." I submitted my request to schedule service.

On the contact page is a link to "Support" (Customer and Product Support | Tesla Support) that had a list. It contained "Body Shop Visit" which is what I wanted to adjust my trunk closure. The repair center (Body Shop Support) on Mabury Rd has a phone number. Someone hung up on my first call. My second said the mailbox was full. In the meantime, I got an email reply to my submit a question that was timestamped within a few minutes of when I submitted it.