Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Tesla Rolls Out Pricing Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla’s pricing model has been a bit confusing lately.

The company announced earlier this month a plan to close stores and move all sales online in an effort to lower prices. Days later, that plan changed to leaving some stores open, which resulted in raising prices from the previously announced discount.

The price increases were expected to be applied Monday, but Tesla then announced a delay until Wednesday night.

Indeed, the price changed on Wednesday, but not as much as expected.

The base Model 3 will remained priced at $35,000, however the “Standard Plus” version will get a $500 bump to start at $37,500. Other Model 3 versions received a $1,500 increase.

Tesla’s pricier flagship vehicles, Model S and Model X, received average price increases of less than 2 percent. For example, a Long Range Model S is now $75,250 after savings.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have EAP on my S purchased in Dec 2018. In my account, today it went from $2000 to $5000 to add FSD (add two features onto EAP). At that price, I'll never add it. That's the same price of up'ing from AP to FSD -- as EAP already has most of those features, not worth the cost to me ever. If it had gone from 2k to 3K, than, maybe, after additional features are actually released, but never at 5k.