Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roadster vanity license plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked these up from the DMV

For the Roadster:
+MINUS.png

For the Model S:
LCTRCAV.png

So far, no-one at work, including those who have gotten rides in the Roadster, got either plate. Oh well...

They all use the letter O instead of the number 0 (zero) in places where one would want a zero.

I had that happen once with a personalized plate where I tried to use 900 (for 900cc) as part of the plate, but the DMV created it as "9OO" (with letters).
Once I got stopped and when the highway patrol tried to run the 900 (nine-zero-zero) part it came back as not a valid plate.
I wonder if those cars would suffer the same issue if someone tried to "run their plate" and used zeros instead of letter Os.

Check how a letter O looks more like a box shape, with a zero (at the end) being more oval (tall and thin):
california.jpg

I wonder if it is just a clerk or OCR trying to scan in and mis-entering letters instead of numbers when they create it?
I wonder what would happen if you tried to get a personalized plate with a mix of zeros and letter Os like 0O0O0O

Last edited:
They all seem a bit odd (extra zero, and why is it 400th?, and why 10TESLA instead of 1 TESLA?), but not sure I get your meaning TEG.

By the way,
I think the slashes through the letters Os in "O OIL O" were added by hand,
4OOth was probably meant to be 400th as the 400th Roadster,
and 1OTESLA was probably meant to be 10TESLA for a 2010 Tesla.