Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roadster vanity license plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1OTESLA was probably meant to be 10TESLA for a 2010 Tesla.

Or: 1.0 Tesla as in a 2008 model?
Or: I O(we) Tesla as in a leased/financed Roadster?
Or: 10 Tesla as in measurement of magnetic fields and referencing brushless motors?
Or: Roadster VIN #0010
Or: just someone who likes levitating frogs using a 10 tesla magnetic coil....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back in the day if you tired to get any two-number combination in front of "TESLA" (XXTESLA) all 1 though 99 choices were available. If you wanted the company name (and back then is was also the car name) you could slap a coul'a numbers on the front to get TESLA on your plate. Which number pairs would you think would go first?

Back in the day if you tired to get any two-number combination in front of "TESLA" (XXTESLA) all 1 though 99 choices were available. If you wanted the company name (and back then is was also the car name) you could slap a coul'a numbers on the front to get TESLA on your plate. Which number pairs would you think would go first?
I think the TESLAXX combo is more popular.
I had seen pictures of all of these on California Roadsters:
TESLA6
TESLA16
TESLA18
TESLA23
TESLA29
TESLA44
TESLA55
TESLA64
TESLA78
TESLA84
Note, not all of those are signature 100. Some low numbered ones were taken by Founders' and VP cars, so some Sig100 customers might have not had a chance to get the plate they wanted.

1OTESLA is mine.
It was ordered meaning 2010 Tesla. Ordered it when they anounced model year as 2010. Although I got it in 2009. 10 has meaning to me. Its my birthday today 10/10 and as a soccer player I always have played with 10 as jersey number.
and yes its a letter O. I always wonder if it would mess up a parking ticket. Luckily have not gotten any to find out yet.

As for levitating frogs.... I had left the top off this morning and ran out when it started raining. Did not see any frogs leap out.

Last edited:
Happy belated birthday! Here are my plates - the second one is on my Civic GX (CNG)

2fst4gs.JPG
4rtpwrd.JPG

1OTESLA is mine.
It was ordered meaning 2010 Tesla. Ordered it when they anounced model year as 2010. Although I got it in 2009. 10 has meaning to me. Its my birthday today 10/10 and as a soccer player I always have played with 10 as jersey number.
and yes its a letter O. I always wonder if it would mess up a parking ticket. Luckily have not gotten any to find out yet.

As for levitating frogs.... I had left the top off this morning and ran out when it started raining. Did not see any frogs leap out.

Just took delivery about a month ago of a Very Orange Sport. I'm not so cerebral. Tried for KICK GAS; 'twas taken. Thought about GAS KIKR. Went with KIKS GAS. It generates smiles, but none bigger than mine.

At the Mercer Island Plug-in America event, I overheard a husband-wife Leaf owning couple pondering the meaning of plate 00FF00 on a nearby Roadster. When I explained that it was hex for the color green, they said "oh, ok, but it's a black car!". So I had to remind them of "green" technology. So, evidently the plate is esoteric and nerdy on two levels. :biggrin: Hmm, I wonder if FFFFFF is still available. :smile: