Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roadster "found" in shipping container on TV show "Storage Hunters"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But isn't it a reality show?

:wink:
There are plenty of tv shows that claim to be real and then fake everything.

One local show claimed to present the truth about various unexplained phenomena, but you could hear the producers bragging during their wrap party about how they rented a "big foot" costume and grabbed a cheap video camera to fake their "real" video of a Northwest Yeti.

I almost wish there were some sort of "truth in advertising" law that could be used to keep television honest, but I'm sure something like that would backfire.

I just wonder what the point is of "Storage Hunters." Do they expect to dupe the viewing audience into bidding $30,000 site-unseen for abandoned storage lockers? ... because they might get a sports car? In Washington State, there is actually a law against storing more than $5,000 worth of stuff in a rented storage space, so Storage Hunters would have to be particularly faked around here.

There was an incident about 20 years ago where a guy bought the contents of a Public Storage unit in which he found a dead body in a freezer. It turned out that the new wife skipped paying the rent on the unit thinking it was her husband's ex wife's junk. Of course, it was the ex wife in the freezer and hubby went to jail.

Probably the most common causes of the contents of units being sold is because the renter moved, did not leave a corrected address, and got behind on his rent. Most storage places will send notice before they put the contents up for sale (they probably have to by law).

I was fishing around on Google maps trying to find the exact location where they "filmed" this show, and came across something else interesting in the area:

http://kpaccoldstorage.com/
Solar System Power 1.5 MW
CO2 Reduction 690 ton/year (1.52 MLB)
150KPAC.jpg

That is a fairly massive PV solar install to run a cold storage facility for shipments staged through San Pedro harbor.
I imagine a lot of frozen fish goes through there.

California Green Designs completes largest commercial solar installation in LA
California Green Designs has completed the largest commercial solar installation in Los Angeles at Konoike-Pacific (KPAC), a cold-storage warehouse in Wilmington.
The installation, located on more than 140,000 square feet of KPAC's warehouse rooftop, uses more than 7,500 Mitsubishi 185-watt solar panels. The entire system size is 1.49 megawatts and is expected to produce enough power to cover 75 percent of KPAC's electricity costs.
California Green Designs Completes Largest Commercial Solar Installation in Los Angeles | PRLog
11495852-kpac-solar-installation.jpg

(You can see stacks of storage containers in the background which I think is the edge of the setting for the show.)

Last edited: