Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a call today from Tesla in Fremont to tell me my Arachnid wheels will be delivered by "the end of January". I asked if this was for the first or second referral round, but he didn't know.
I got a call today that one of my orders cancelled and I will NOT be receiving the Arachnid wheels (from the first program) I put no effort into the second program because I thought I had the wheels locked up after I got the email asking for my selection. So I'm pretty bummed about that and a little more than frustrated that they'd send me a selection email before all my orders were delivered.

So if you are still sharing codes on your website I'd appreciate a little love after my bad luck. Thanks for the help in the past.

Reactions: flyhigh123
I got a call today that one of my orders cancelled and I will NOT be receiving the Arachnid wheels (from the first program) I put no effort into the second program because I thought I had the wheels locked up after I got the email asking for my selection. So I'm pretty bummed about that and a little more than frustrated that they'd send me a selection email before all my orders were delivered.

So if you are still sharing codes on your website I'd appreciate a little love after my bad luck. Thanks for the help in the past.

I got the same call. I find it kind of a bummer that they get your hopes up, sending emails to configure and such just to tell you never mind. Im almost thinking its a sham and they are just saying that an order Cancelled and probably dont have enough to deliver to all whom participated.

I honestly don't think it's a sham. It's just that Tesla is understaffed to handle the popularity of the referral program (on the awards side, that is) and have a lot on their hands to make sure they can make it work. I think they'd rather be really really late on delivery, rather than try to rush it and have lots of screwups which would ultimately costs a lot more time and money to fix.

I think we just need to be patient.

Also, I don't think they would fabricate customer cancellations, but rather like they did in the current program, raise the limit so one can collect a couple of "buffer" referrals in case people do cancel. The five-referral limit and five-referral wheel prize was an oversight which didn't account for customer cancellations. A friend of mine got five referrals and was screwed out of the wheels because of one cancellation. I think a lot of people had this happen.

Reactions: e-FTW and GasKilla
I honestly don't think it's a sham. It's just that Tesla is understaffed to handle the popularity of the referral program (on the awards side, that is) and have a lot on their hands to make sure they can make it work. I think they'd rather be really really late on delivery, rather than try to rush it and have lots of screwups which would ultimately costs a lot more time and money to fix.

I think we just need to be patient.

Also, I don't think they would fabricate customer cancellations, but rather like they did in the current program, raise the limit so one can collect a couple of "buffer" referrals in case people do cancel. The five-referral limit and five-referral wheel prize was an oversight which didn't account for customer cancellations. A friend of mine got five referrals and was screwed out of the wheels because of one cancellation. I think a lot of people had this happen.

I agree with that. But why send out an email to configure? I mean if they really wanted to make it right, and wait so that it is perfect, Why not wait until all the referrals where in so that way you can collect on your prize? I wouldn't have had a problem if they sent me a questionare later with whatever referrals I had that did not cancel, rather than send me the survey making me think I'm in 5 months ago only to tell me now that "Nevermind sorry but your out"

Reactions: GasKilla
Did anyone ever receive the Powerwall promised in the first program? I finally took the $3500 cash equivalent as a discount on a new car. My rims were apparently waiting for one more delivery from the July program. That straggler must be taking delivery soon or maybe they are just going to give me the disappointing call.

I agree with that. But why send out an email to configure? I mean if they really wanted to make it right, and wait so that it is perfect, Why not wait until all the referrals where in so that way you can collect on your prize? I wouldn't have had a problem if they sent me a questionare later with whatever referrals I had that did not cancel, rather than send me the survey making me think I'm in 5 months ago only to tell me now that "Nevermind sorry but your out"
I told the guy on the phone that exact thing, he said he'd relay it to this bosses

Reactions: HankLloydRight

same here.... the last round, the tesla announcements screwed us with the 2.0.

i had 6 referrals i think and 2 canceled. i beleive this was due to the 2.0 announcement so obviously its in best interest to delay pick up to ensure your car has the best updates.

i was bummed about that. this time i learned my lesson so i'm getting the full 10 referrals for the powerwall.

Where do you get FedEx notifications? On your tesla email address or do you have to have a registered FedEx account?

FedEx account. It let's you get notifications any time a FedEx package is destined for your address, regardless of whether the sender sends you notification.

And... it was the jacket. It is pretty lightweight, but is rain-resistant material. Has embroidered first initial and last name.

IMG_6877.JPG.jpeg
50337489827__17DB785D-B0D1-4190-9409-CD7EB2D39731.JPG.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.