Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla reduced price by $2k for M3, $5k for S/X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting; the M3 LR AWD with the FSD is actually $1,000 more expensive now than when I got it a few weeks ago because of the increased FSD cost.

I actually put in a second order for a M3 the day after the price drop. For LR AWD it was actually $1000 less than the day before. Not the $2K that was quoted all over the place so obviously it varied by model. It was also $1K less than when I ordered in Oct 2019. I added FSD at the time before July 1st as well.

It's more expensive now than when I ordered mine mid-2018 thanks to the $7500 tax credit for that matter

"My" configuration is now cheaper than it was when I bought in April '19:

Pearl White LR AWD, 18" Aeros, Black Interior, FSD: $54,990 today.
Mine was $56,000.

But, says @Knightshade, I got to claim the $3750 tax rebate. And indeed he's right, bringing "my" total to $52,250.

However, in 2020, NJ now has a $5,000 tax incentive. So that $54,990 car would be $49,990 today. I think that's a great deal. $41,990 if you forego FSD - that's a heck of a lot of car for under $42k.

No sales tax on any of them, either. NJ is likely the best state in the union right now to buy an EV.

edit: To clarify, the price it sells for today has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with what I paid. I was happy with it when I bought it, so I pulled the trigger. If others can get one for less now... mazel tov. Doesn't change my car one iota.

"My" configuration is now cheaper than it was when I bought in April '19:

Pearl White LR AWD, 18" Aeros, Black Interior, FSD: $54,990 today.
Mine was $56,000.

But, says @Knightshade, I got to claim the $3750 tax rebate. And indeed he's right, bringing "my" total to $52,250.

However, in 2020, NJ now has a $5,000 tax incentive. So that $54,990 car would be $49,990 today. I think that's a great deal. $41,990 if you forego FSD - that's a heck of a lot of car for under $42k.

No sales tax on any of them, either. NJ is likely the best state in the union right now to buy an EV.

edit: To clarify, the price it sells for today has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with what I paid. I was happy with it when I bought it, so I pulled the trigger. If others can get one for less now... mazel tov. Doesn't change my car one iota.

wow. With those kind of NJ incentives I'm surprised there isn't a flip/resale business

wow. With those kind of NJ incentives I'm surprised there isn't a flip/resale business

Among the requirements for the program-

. Retain ownership or an active lease agreement and registration of the vehicle with the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission for a minimum of 36 consecutive months immediately after the vehicle purchase or lease date. Leased vehicles must reflect a minimum of 36 months on the original lease agreement.

7. Applicants may only receive up to four (4) vehicle incentives from the Charge Up New Jersey program throughout the 10-year period that the program is active

So max 4 rebates in 10 years, and you have to keep each purchased vehicle at least 36 months before resale.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh and dmurphy
Retain ownership or an active lease agreement and registration of the vehicle with the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission for a minimum of 36 consecutive months immediately after the vehicle purchase or lease date. Leased vehicles must reflect a minimum of 36 months on the original lease agreement.

7. Applicants may only receive up to four (4) vehicle incentives from the Charge Up New Jersey program throughout the 10-year period that the program is active

So max 4 rebates in 10 years, and you have to keep each purchased vehicle at least 36 months before resale.

Should also be noted that the MSRP needs to be under $55k. That also limits which Teslae are eligible ...