Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Production Status Codes (My Tesla)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update!

14.02.2011 - Your Roadster is scheduled for build
05.04.2011 - Your Roadster began production in the Paint Factory
06.04.2011 - Your Roadster is in the Body Assembly factory
07.04.2011 - Your Roadster is in the Chassis Assembly factory
13.04.2011 - Your Roadster is in the Chassis and Body Testing factory

Almost finished!

Last edited:
Don't know how they ship, this never interested me. Registration in Italy takes 2 weeks, so there are two options:
1. My car is already finished and the status is wrong.
2. They start the registration now (car has already a VIN) and hope the car will be finished in the same time.

Speaking of shipping, does anyone know what the logistics are for Asia bound cars? Do they get fully assembled in the UK and then shipped (flown?) to their destination, or do they come first to Menlo Park to have their drive train installed?

Fully assembled in UK.

I'm told the glider is assembled in Hethel, then move down the road a few miles to Wymondham for power train install.

Regards, Mark

power train is installed in Hethel. in Wymondham, they do the final test and finish before delivery

The update I got from my advocate, when the car entered factory #4 at Hethel, was:

At this time, your Roadster is a fully assembled “glider," only lacking its powertrain components which consist of the Battery, Motor, Gearbox, and Power Electronics Module. However, before it can be sent for Final Assembly, it is subjected to rigorous testing... Once approved, the car is transported to Wymondham, UK where final assembly will take place.

Car is destined for Hong Kong, and is right-hand-drive.

So far, updates from my advocate have pretty closely matched the My Tesla status (allowing for Hong Kong, UK, US time differences). The only major differences was that the advocate said car entered factory #2 chassis, then #3 body, while My Tesla said body then chassis.

The status list on this thread doesn't seem to have anything for "final assembly", which I can only guess is shown as "Final Testing".

Makes more sense for it all to be done in Hethel. Not sure why they really need Wymondham at all. Except, is Hethel Lotus and Wymondham a Tesla Motors facility?

I would love to see these factories in person. Perhaps on my next trip back to UK I should try and arrange.

Back at IPO-time:
Lotus to end production of Tesla Roadster in 2011 | Lotus Enthusiast
Most assembly of the Roadster is carried out by the Lotus factory in Hethel. Final assembly for U.S.-bound cars then takes place at a facility in Menlo Park, California. For European deliveries, the full vehicle is assembled on-line at the Lotus facility and pre-delivery inspection occurs at a nearby Tesla facility in Wymondham, England.

I guess they could have changed it, or the customer advocate message is wrong. I think I'll ask...

There is not enough space in Wymondham to do that. Only the final quality checks will be performed there, before delivering the cars to the customers in Europe/Asia. My photo shows my Roadster in front of the Tesla office in Wymondham. See the signature in the glass of the door.
IMG_3980.jpg

Update!

14.02.2011 - Your Roadster is scheduled for build
05.04.2011 - Your Roadster began production in the Paint Factory
06.04.2011 - Your Roadster is in the Body Assembly factory
07.04.2011 - Your Roadster is in the Chassis Assembly factory
13.04.2011 - Your Roadster is in the Chassis and Body Testing factory

Almost finished!

20.04.2011 - Your Roadster is undergoing Final Testing
That means someone is now driving MY Roadster around...
The Chassis and Body Testing took longer than I expected.

You ordered Green, right?

I just saw a guy driving a Green Roadster at high speed down a gravel & mud road whilst eating a plate of spaghetti (with extra sauce)...sure hope that wasn't yours!... :eek:

The last few hours are the longest! :scared:...don't fret, motoring nirvana is near...:wink::biggrin:

20.04.2011 - Your Roadster is undergoing Final Testing
That means someone is now driving MY Roadster around...
The Chassis and Body Testing took longer than I expected.