Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Priority Parking at Whole Foods

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

electracity

Jun 8, 2015
The EV charging stations at the Whole Foods I frequent is nothing more than parking spaces for the model S and X. Anyone else notice this issue?

I have literally never seen a Tesla owner even pretend to be charging by plugging the car in. I wonder how this plays out as EVs become more popular.

I did see my first model X in the real world in one of these spaces, which was nice. So I suppose there is some upside.

The EV charging stations at the Whole Foods I frequent is nothing more than parking spaces for the model S and X. Anyone else notice this issue?

I have literally never seen a Tesla owner even pretend to be charging by plugging the car in. I wonder how this plays out as EVs become more popular.
Which Whole Foods location are you referring to?

The San Mateo CA Supercharger is very near a Whole Foods. It is extremely busy, but all the cars I have seen charging there have been plugged in.

I took a photo of this model X as he was the one closest to charging. Note the cable creeping close to the car.

A1 - 1.jpg

Which Whole Foods location are you referring to?

The San Mateo CA Supercharger is very near a Whole Foods. It is extremely busy, but all the cars I have seen charging there have been plugged in.

That location is a little different. For the several times that I've been there, an attendant plugs me in and asks me how long I'll be there. The last time he asked for my key fob (to move the car if I stayed too long?). I declined his request.

It would be easy to just add hybrid or EV parking spots in addition to a couple of chargers. We have these chargerless spots on post.
No reason to give those cars priority parking. They need charging spots, not priority parking spots. It's done so the building gets LEED points, which I think is a big mistake. No wonder some people think EV drivers feel entitled.

Being "ICEd" by an EV is even worse than being ICEd by an ICE, because the driver should know better. Is this a byproduct of a Teslas being bought for autopilot rather than because its an EV, and the driver isn't concerned with EV etiquette?

Being "ICEd" by an EV is even worse than being ICEd by an ICE, because the driver should know better. Is this a byproduct of a Teslas being bought for autopilot rather than because its an EV, and the driver isn't concerned with EV etiquette?

The car I see most frequently at the Whole Foods near me is an early S, no radar box or camera. So AP isn't the justification. I believe the word is entitled. And wary of door dings (but may eventually get keyed).

I avoid parking in the EV spaces at the WF 5 minutes from my house for this very reason... no need to charge.

I've seen some other EV's (of several makes) parked there not charging... but often several are.