Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took my car to Tunerworks for an alignment (and rim repair after I curbed the driver side wheels pretty badly). According to them, they have the newest Hunter alignment machine in Calgary and it has really big wheel holders that won't damage/scratch our 21" rims.
Hmmm my brother in law has a mechanic shop and I let him do an alignment for me. Far as I can tell he didn't damage the rims but maybe I'll ask him about the machine they used. I'm interested in how much the wheel repair cost, I have used Aluminum Wheel Repair Services in the past. They do excellent work but I had no idea of price comparisons.

My wife and I will be passing through Calgary Monday on a trip back from B.C.. Unlikely we'll be there by 1 pm, but if timing works maybe we can join the Edmonton bound owners on the return convoy.
Sounds good, Paul. Bet you wish you had v7 with Autopilot for your road trip.

Looks like we will have a pretty good group of people there tomorrow - I'm looking forward to meeting people and sharing Tesla moments with some of the passers-by.

Maybe we should block off a section of Crescent Road and invite passengers for launches in the P85D LOL :) I'm sure insurance and the Calgary Police wouldn't have any issues with that idea. :rolleyes:

Dropped by chinook yesterday on the way back from an errand and met the two salespeople - not Chris Bishop. Chris Hinchcliffe was one of them. I mentioned the meet and he expressed interest in showing up if he was able to. I gave him the time and address. Glad you organized this, though if it was next week we could all talk (happy/angry/other) about the new V7 UI and Autopilot features.

Just wanted to thank everyone for answering my many questions at the Crescent Road meeting today! It's awesome you guys could do that.
No problem! Great to see all 11 cars(!) on Crescent Road. I think we may have sold another car to the nice folks across the road who had a lot of questions. :)

This may be our last "summer" meeting as we get closer to winter and hibernate for the next 6-8 months. Anyone up for a good-ol tire-swapping party? I have a good jack, good tunes, and cold BEvERages? My experience says I'm going to have my winters on in the next 2 weeks.

Thanks to 3s-a-charm for organizing Monday's get-together at Crescent Road. Fun to put faces to the names from this thread.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    670.7 KB · Views: 83
Thanks to 3s-a-charm for organizing Monday's get-together at Crescent Road. Fun to put faces to the names from this thread.

Cool picture might have to be my screen saver :) Glad to meet you.
This was a pretty good gathering considering a few of our "regulars" were not available. Besides the 11 Teslas that came out, Grassy Knoel showed up without his car (it's in Vancouver). Hopefully we can do this every few months or so. Also, thanks to the Edmontonians that made it down.

- - - Updated - - -

Woke up during the night @ 3:00 am, saw the update had arrived and enabled the install.
On the way to work this morning used Autosteer on the Whitemud, so cool :tongue:

This is going to drive me crazy! I've not had an update since .36. Hope I haven't dropped out of the queue during the time when my car was being repaired for hail damage.

OK, calm down Greg, installing now... Will be really pissed if it's another increment of 6.2 :) I'm assuming that is not likely.
For the record... I'm LOVING the new interface although I do have two wishes after an hour in the car:

1. Is there a way to get a more analog speedometer? I thought I saw this on a Beta car?

2. I miss having "everything" display at once... having music, nav, and the energy meter isn't possible now on the steering column display.

For the record... I'm LOVING the new interface although I do have two wishes after an hour in the car:

1. Is there a way to get a more analog speedometer? I thought I saw this on a Beta car?

2. I miss having "everything" display at once... having music, nav, and the energy meter isn't possible now on the steering column display.

Cars without AP hardware get an analog speedometer. Elon mentioned more changes to UI are in store for 7.1, so who knows. I also like the look. I also agree that energy meter especially should make its way back to be always showing... maybe not as a curved bar as it has been/is, but maybe a horizontal bar.

I took the wife out for a demonstration ride last night. She... is not a fan of autopilot. When it works, she's busy thinking/talking about it inevitably not working. And then when it tries to 'kill us both' (lol) she REALLY doesn't like it. We had two or three close calls with it (normal cavets apply... i was using it in places where it was likely to be challenged, i kept my hands/attention at the ready/etc/etc)... but that is telling, that in one test drive, it can impart such a negative impression ( / risk).
If she was news media, and would go blab about how horrible it was, I certainly wouldn't have done the demonstration I did LOL. I do fear that someone does something stupid, and the negative publicity hurts Tesla (and causes them to make changes that make it worse for us well behaved citizens <Teslazians?>.

Thankfully, I ended the demo ride with a self parking demonstration. She LOVED LOVED LOVED that part, and it worked perfectly (now that I know the tricks... oh tesla, there shouldn't be tricks to parking!).

I agree with 3s-a-charm, The interface is nice, however having the center dial back would be great! I really like knowing how much power i am using as well, it should be standard to display the odometre on the screen, bring it back.

I wonder if anyone else noticed ( 3s-a -charm was the one who pointed out first) but the trip navigation on the left side isn't color anymore. The background is black, Please bring back some color to the screen. It's dark, perhaps too dark.

There is alot of real estate left on the screen to populate, Where the battery display is shown, we should see the % percentage as well as the rated rate and ideal range. Why not. There is tons of room left on the screen.

We should be getting a new update App as well, one feature i really looking for is the self parking.
I haven't experience the new max power on my car. I wonder if this will bring the insane mode to the advertised 0-60 time of 3.1 sec.

Afternoon everyone,

I have been roaming this thread and site for a while and am excited to take delivery of my Model S this weekend. I picked up a CPO unit out of Montreal. Looking forward to meeting some of you in person as well.

TEUNTSLA

Sweet, congratulation.. Tell us more about your new TESLA. This weekend will be very nice. Perhaps we could organize a few tesla owners and meet you at your delivery.