Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
on another note, who is upgrading to ludicrous. I am.

i don't have any issues on my tesla yet, however I have the proverbial vapor haze on my real backup lights, drives me mad! As well I am experiencing some body flexing noses which in not very nice coming from a 150k car. Tesla has been quite slow at addressing the problem.

I'm waiting on Ludi until we find out actual speed improvement... if it is $10,000 CAD for 0.2s increase, I think I might be passing.. but I'll gladly invite myself for a test ride once you get it!

Had a Ranger out this week to do annual service + address a few issues. He fixed my driver seat squeak by tightening a bolt under the seat. Fixed my sunroof not opening smoothly with a replacement roof that has a modified design. He thinks he fixed my triangle window air leak. Seems better, but true test will be once it gets cold (soon?!) and if I can feel any cool air coming in. He went to rotate tires, and noticed that all my lug nuts are the wrong size. Which confirms why it was slightly difficult for me to swap my tires in the spring. Next month they are going to come back and put on the proper sized lug nuts.

Next sunday (11th) works well for me. I'm pretty easy as far as meeting spot, the only tidbit I'd add is to pick somewhere perhaps a bit picturesque and/or with some pedestrian traffic flow.

Thanks for putting the suggestion out there 3!
How about Crescent Road (has stunning views of downtown CALGARY and a lot of traffic so we can have some Tesla Moments! Or Scotsman Hill which would have less traffic and equally good views?

How about Crescent Road (has stunning views of downtown CALGARY and a lot of traffic so we can have some Tesla Moments! Or Scotsman Hill which would have less traffic and equally good views?

I couldn't find anything about Scotsman Hill, but Crescent Road definately looks beautiful...
https://www.google.ca/maps/@51.0586...J_OlGuSu9qDuv9XgQV1w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Is Sunday good, or would Monday be better (given Thanksgiving)? Either works for me, just wanted to put that out there.

I couldn't find anything about Scotsman Hill, but Crescent Road definately looks beautiful...
https://www.google.ca/maps/@51.0586...J_OlGuSu9qDuv9XgQV1w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Is Sunday good, or would Monday be better (given Thanksgiving)? Either works for me, just wanted to put that out there.

Scotsman's Hill overlooks Stampede Park Google Maps, which is very cool, but likely less pedestrian traffic. And I think the parking is better on Crescent Road. (Better as in more parking, but perhaps much worse since I suspect Crescent Road is a mighty popular spot on a long weekend.)

As for which day, looks like our feast will be Sunday, so Monday would be better for me.

Last edited:
Can Waldo do the "auto-follow" feature all the way down? (Ask Footbag about this...) :)

Sadly, the maker of Waldo kind of follows in Tesla's footsteps... they released 'follow me' mode, but NOT for the model I have, just the smaller models, so nope. That said, Waldo is game to follow some moving cars for a change, will see what opportunities present themselves.
Monday sounds good. Unfortunately, I lost my SMS log (and thus was caught by not putting some phone numbers into my contacts), so I won't be able to reach out to (m)any Edmonton owners for additional prodding to attend. I hope Dan and I will be joined by at least one other car on our journey down!

If you plug 240 Crescent Rd NW, Calgary into the Tesla that should take you to the meeting spot.

Here is a link: Google Maps

I think anywhere along this section of road is nice for photos/drones. :)

See you Monday at 1pm - weather should be good.

2015-10-08_15-11-00.jpg

3s-a-charm, how often do you take them in for alignment? I'm thinking of changing mine at home as well. I'd need the jack and tools. And if you do go in to a tire place, do you tell them about the lift points or is it obvious for them to locate?

I took my car to Tunerworks for an alignment (and rim repair after I curbed the driver side wheels pretty badly). According to them, they have the newest Hunter alignment machine in Calgary and it has really big wheel holders that won't damage/scratch our 21" rims.