Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was me.. and yes looking at houses and yes I am a very good Friend of 3s.. However , just looking !

- - - Updated - - -

It was me.. and yes looking at houses and yes I am a very good Friend of 3s.. However , just looking !

BTW.. If you are looking for a super sharp and professional Realtors. Call 3s-a-charm, Him and his wife make the most dynamic team you'll ever meet. When I purchase a house or selling I am using these guys. These guys are the best. You'll see what I mean when you'll meet them.

Here's the link to their site. About Simone Rousseau and Pablo Galvez RE/MAX Calgary

BTW,, I am a Geologist.

Cool!!!! I must say your Grey Metallic Model S looks pretty awesome and I never really realized how quiet the car is driving by. It's like a silent ninja.. That was another colour that was on my shortlist before I decided on Blue Metallic. My last car was carbon grey.

MCMugget, you should have said Hi! I am thinking about tinting my windows.. however very light tint..

I didn't notice you until you were already passing us. Was walking too, but I definitely did wave! Maybe if you move here, the Marda Loop area will have at least two P85D's on the streets. I sometimes see another regular 85 at the local My Fav Icecream during the summers (maybe it was GPetti's long ago) but maybe that fellow has upgraded to a newer model, who knows.

I didn't notice you until you were already passing us. Was walking too, but I definitely did wave! Maybe if you move here, the Marda Loop area will have at least two P85D's on the streets. I sometimes see another regular 85 at the local My Fav Icecream during the summers (maybe it was GPetti's long ago) but maybe that fellow has upgraded to a newer model, who knows.
I'm definitely seeing more Teslas on the streets of Calgary lately. It's funny because you think you know everyone who has a Model S but for every owner you know, there are likely 3-4 others who you don't know. You can always spot in2oil because he always rides on suspension "low" :).

Rain is done, great weather coming up... time for a wash/shine and another great week ahead! Happy long weekend everyone.

I'm definitely seeing more Teslas on the streets of Calgary lately. It's funny because you think you know everyone who has a Model S but for every owner you know, there are likely 3-4 others who you don't know. You can always spot in2oil because he always rides on suspension "low" :).

Rain is done, great weather coming up... time for a wash/shine and another great week ahead! Happy long weekend everyone.

3s-a-charm.. Come over anytime. It's time to wash the tesla. I don't think gpetti is back from is trip to BC. Btw. I saw a new tesla yesterday, it was dauphin grey, I believe it was a 85, not sure. I couldn't see very well. I saw this new tesla by Safeway in Montgomery yesterday . It had 19inch rims. Looked pretty good, I honk at it and waved, yet I am sure he thought I was another crazy tesla fan. Actually I am !

I had another Tesla moment the other day at a Safeway parking lot. Random fellow gets out of his Audi S5 and starts walking over to me looking real serious. At first I thought maybe I had done something wrong (like took his parking spot that he wanted or something), but then the first words out of his mouth were "what kind of car is this?". I proceeded to tell him all highlights of the car and the performance level. Then I showed him the interior and he was blown away by the touchscreen console. He was still clueless that it was an electric vehicle however, until I told him to check out what's under the hood. His face when I opened the Frunk was classic "are you kidding me?" when he only saw a microfibre cloth and the emergency tire inflation kit sitting there. That's when I said, there is no engine and that it was all electric. He was excited and said he's going to do some research on it. Needless to say, I think I need to make a "What is a Tesla" info card so I can just skip too much talking in case I am in a rush. There seems to be a lot of Calgarians who have no idea about Tesla.

3s, have you converted some of your clients to becoming future Tesla drivers yet? I would imagine that the car must get some attention when you shuttle people around looking at new homes. That being said I think the car is perfect for realtors to drive. It has the professional class and modern sleek look with the technology that says "this guy really is on the cutting edge!".

Last edited:
I had another Tesla moment the other day at a Safeway parking lot. Random fellow gets out of his Audi S5 and starts walking over to me looking real serious. At first I thought maybe I had done something wrong (like took his parking spot that he wanted or something), but then the first words out of his mouth were "what kind of car is this?". I proceeded to tell him all highlights of the car and the performance level. Then I showed him the interior and he was blown away by the touchscreen console. He was still clueless that it was an electric vehicle however, until I told him to check out what's under the hood. His face when I opened the Frunk was classic "are you kidding me?" when he only saw a microfibre cloth and the emergency tire inflation kit sitting there. That's when I said, there is no engine and that it was all electric. He was excited and said he's going to do some research on it. Needless to say, I think I need to make a "What is a Tesla" info card so I can just skip too much talking in case I am in a rush. There seems to be a lot of Calgarians who have no idea about Tesla.
AC1K has various information cards he uses. I've been modifying some of them to include the P85D information and numbers, along with a picture of the dual motor config (AC1K has a really good rear motor picture). I can share if I ever get them finished or I (or AC1K) can send you the original pack. As mentioned earlier by 3s.. he actually found one of AC1Ks small information slips which is what led to his purchase!

- - - Updated - - -

I've only ever had a P85+ and my current P85D - both dark blue but I'm over in that area frequently as I have a brother who lives near 45th Avenue and 20th street and my mum lives on 34th avenue near 20th street. I guess now I have the red rim blades it is pretty easy to tell my car now.

AC1K has various information cards he uses. I've been modifying some of them to include the P85D information and numbers, along with a picture of the dual motor config (AC1K has a really good rear motor picture). I can share if I ever get them finished or I (or AC1K) can send you the original pack. As mentioned earlier by 3s.. he actually found one of AC1Ks small information slips which is what led to his purchase!.

While meant for a different purpose than those info cards perhaps, there is this website that I use if I am at a gathering where I can leave the screen on for people peering at the car.

I still rarely see a tesla around the city anywhere, but I did see someone at Ikea yesterday, black car in the low emission vehicle stall (first time I've seen a vehicle that remotely qualifies using one of those stalls)
That was me! I had to wait for a Chevy SUV (ICE) from Saskatchewan to leave as there was a hybrid taxi in the other stall. :mad: Both of them left about the same time. I like that the stalls are nice and wide but the "qualifications" listed on the sign include diesel and hybrids so there are a LOT of cars that qualify. in2oil could park 2 of his vehicles in there as he has a diesel too. It's also a great spot for Tesla Moments as there is nearly always a crowd around the car when I get out :)

Last edited:
AC1K has various information cards he uses. I've been modifying some of them to include the P85D information and numbers, along with a picture of the dual motor config (AC1K has a really good rear motor picture). I can share if I ever get them finished or I (or AC1K) can send you the original pack. As mentioned earlier by 3s.. he actually found one of AC1Ks small information slips which is what led to his purchase!

- - - Updated - - -

I've only ever had a P85+ and my current P85D - both dark blue but I'm over in that area frequently as I have a brother who lives near 45th Avenue and 20th street and my mum lives on 34th avenue near 20th street. I guess now I have the red rim blades it is pretty easy to tell my car now.

Cool. I suppose we might cross paths sometime then! If you could share your information cards (or if AC1K could) that would be great, it would save me time from making my own for sure. I'm sure others on this forum would use them too, as I cannot believe how much attention I get when driving or parking this car. Just today on Deerfoot a couple in the lane next to me oddly drove the same speed for awhile, and then I realized their teen in the back seat was snapping some cell phone pics of my car. Probably instagrammed it to his friends lol.

That was me! I had to wait for a Chevy SUV (ICE) from Saskatchewan to leave as there was a hybrid taxi in the other stall. :mad: Both of them left about the same time. I like that the stalls are nice and wide but the "qualifications" listed on the sign include diesel and hybrids so there are a LOT of cars that qualify. in2oil could park 2 of his vehicles in there as he has a diesel too. It's also a great spot for Tesla Moments as there is nearly always a crowd around the car when I get out :)
I didn't read the sign, had I noticed, I could have parked my diesel there, but I would never call it a "clean air vehicle" ridiculous!

I didn't read the sign, had I noticed, I could have parked my diesel there, but I would never call it a "clean air vehicle" ridiculous!
I agree. They call it parking for "low emission vehicles". I'll bet that many compact cars produce less emissions than many hybrids or even diesels. I imagine seeing one of those Cadillac Escilade Hybrids parked there - remember those? They had HYBRID written in 2' letters along the side (from the factory) :). I rented one in Florida 2 years ago - probably increased my economy by 2% or so.

A Tesla weekend.

a) I have had the experience of a Tesla go into preemptive braking for me. I'm going up the hill behind Iron Goat in Canmore, before I dial in the steering wheel, it assumes I'm going to hit a parked car (property parked). As soon as I dialed in the steering, it released. Note that this could not be considered emergency, but aggressive. Cool, but caught me unaware.
b) Driving Canmore to Calgary along the 1A to Morley before connecting to Hwy1, I'm coming to the crest of a hill and see some unusual dark splotches ahead (over the hill). I crest the hill and 5-6 horses are in the middle of the road. I think the Tesla went into preemptive braking (?) (not sure the correct term). I slammed on the brakes, probably the most forceful I have ever done. No squeal from the tires, but you could hear minor slippage of gravel under the wheels. 85-0 stopping distance was incredible. The horses were not even spooked. I wound my way around them.
c) About not being spooked: two weeks ago I was driving up the hill in Canmore and an Elk (deer?) was walking on the sidewalk. I was slowly following beside taking pictures / video. It would look at me I would look at her/him. Then an ICE came down the hill and was immediately spooked.
d) More animals: This weekend managed to get close to a bear, mountain goats/sheep (?), a large Elk. With my very limited experience driving Tesla, animal are just not spooked!

Summary of the story. In very little time I have witnessed the incredible capabilities of the Tesla. Incredible acceleration, incredible braking in emergencies, to me what seems like excellent predictive capabilities (although I have not experienced different cars with possibly equal capabilities). Huge capability, all very refined. No screaming engine, no ABS pumping the brakes when there is tire slippage. All just graceful and very capable.

P.S. A couple of years ago I got a ride in a Goggle car. That was impressive! It drove on gravel much more aggressive than I could trust myself. But I believe they had the track programmed, or something else as it was a demo at a robotics demonstration.

A Tesla weekend.

a) I have had the experience of a Tesla go into preemptive braking for me. I'm going up the hill behind Iron Goat in Canmore, before I dial in the steering wheel, it assumes I'm going to hit a parked car (property parked). As soon as I dialed in the steering, it released. Note that this could not be considered emergency, but aggressive. Cool, but caught me unaware.
b) Driving Canmore to Calgary along the 1A to Morley before connecting to Hwy1, I'm coming to the crest of a hill and see some unusual dark splotches ahead (over the hill). I crest the hill and 5-6 horses are in the middle of the road. I think the Tesla went into preemptive braking (?) (not sure the correct term). I slammed on the brakes, probably the most forceful I have ever done. No squeal from the tires, but you could hear minor slippage of gravel under the wheels. 85-0 stopping distance was incredible. The horses were not even spooked. I wound my way around them.
c) About not being spooked: two weeks ago I was driving up the hill in Canmore and an Elk (deer?) was walking on the sidewalk. I was slowly following beside taking pictures / video. It would look at me I would look at her/him. Then an ICE came down the hill and was immediately spooked.
d) More animals: This weekend managed to get close to a bear, mountain goats/sheep (?), a large Elk. With my very limited experience driving Tesla, animal are just not spooked!

Summary of the story. In very little time I have witnessed the incredible capabilities of the Tesla. Incredible acceleration, incredible braking in emergencies, to me what seems like excellent predictive capabilities (although I have not experienced different cars with possibly equal capabilities). Huge capability, all very refined. No screaming engine, no ABS pumping the brakes when there is tire slippage. All just graceful and very capable.

P.S. A couple of years ago I got a ride in a Goggle car. That was impressive! It drove on gravel much more aggressive than I could trust myself. But I believe they had the track programmed, or something else as it was a demo at a robotics demonstration.
Great write up! Thanks for sharing. I hadn't really thought about the wild life stalking feature. I guess some would say that could also be a liability but at least we have a large crumple zone in the front of the car :)