Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my Tesla yesterday evening! Had a chance to take it out for a small drive around town for the first time. Those of you who don't know, I have never driven one of these beasts before and purchased solely on faith (and numerous reviews as well as personal reviews from the TMC forum!). All I can say is this machine has raised my standard on what a car is. I've never merged with such ease and felt such instant responsiveness from a car before. Did a few launches on the ring road from dead-stop, since there were no cars around, and quickly got the "speed limit reminder" chime in what seemed like 3.2 seconds of falling forward into the future. The kiddo said "again!" and so we did it again. Then he said "again!" at which point the wife promptly said she had had enough and that she felt like the blood in her head needed to return. How does one go back to driving a "regular" ICE after such an experience?

Getting back on topic, I would have tried to make the meet this weekend in Red Deer but unfortunately have a full-day of prior plans. Would have loved to meet other EV owners and hang out. That's cool they have ranger service still coming out to Calgary for your guys' Teslas. I do hope they will build a permanent service centre here since there are so many more Tesla's around. The delivery driver told me he delivered three Teslas this past week alone (mine included) - two to Calgary and one to Edmonton. He said he has had a steady stream averaging 2-3 per week.
Congratulations! Another blue metallic on the Calgary streets! Might not be many of us ultimately now they are discontinuing that color. Ideally you don't go back to driving an ICE if you can help it.
I'm sure we will have another meetup before long.

- - - Updated - - -

Tesla Canmore Meetup #2:

Excellent video - some very cool effects and shots. Even a brief where's Waldo moment (shadow).

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations! Another blue metallic on the Calgary streets! Might not be many of us ultimately now they are discontinuing that color. Ideally you don't go back to driving an ICE if you can help it.
I'm sure we will have another meetup before long.

- - - Updated - - -

Excellent video - some very cool effects and shots. Even a brief where's Waldo moment (shadow).

Yes our darker blue metallic will definitely be a rarity unless they bring back the colour in their line up! Btw I mentioned to refine that Gpetti and In2Oil refer people there. Not sure if that does anything, but maybe you'll be offered a free detailing or something. Whatever the case I'm sure refine appreciates your referrals.

Yes our darker blue metallic will definitely be a rarity unless they bring back the colour in their line up! Btw I mentioned to refine that Gpetti and In2Oil refer people there. Not sure if that does anything, but maybe you'll be offered a free detailing or something. Whatever the case I'm sure refine appreciates your referrals.

Again, Speaking for many of us on this site.. Send you some pics of your new TESLA.

Again, Speaking for many of us on this site.. Send you some pics of your new TESLA.

image.jpg

This is a little dusty looking but it'll get nicely cleaned up before Refine wraps it! Was taken in Signal Hill area, went o grab a coffee. Didn't get a chance to take more just yet.

Wow and Thank you.. sweet ride! I see the second Gen seast. 3s-a-charm will be jealous. My car is pretty much the same as yours, except that I have balck interior and midnight grey. The dark blue is stunning! I believe the dark colors on the Model S are the best, however you much deal with the dust, Calgary is dusty!

On another Topic, Received an update on my TESLA 6.2.188. Not too sure what are the changes, yet always interesting to get something new.

I was happy to see an email today stating that my next gen seats are built and will be installed next week. In case someone else did not get the email, here are the main details. Edmonton installs happening May 4-6th and Calgary installs May 7-10th. Will take the better part of the day. As a large delivery truck is involved, it was noted that the work could not happen near downtown.

I was happy to see an email today stating that my next gen seats are built and will be installed next week. In case someone else did not get the email, here are the main details. Edmonton installs happening May 4-6th and Calgary installs May 7-10th. Will take the better part of the day. As a large delivery truck is involved, it was noted that the work could not happen near downtown.
Yup, I got the email... Can't wait to get my butt in those seats! I was beginning to think they would release another gen of seats before mine were installed :).

Sula has has the first set of grey next gen I have seen in person.

Yup, I got the email... Can't wait to get my butt in those seats! I was beginning to think they would release another gen of seats before mine were installed :).

Sula has has the first set of grey next gen I have seen in person.

I guess I was one of the lucky ones that got Next Gen seats front and rears. I think they're excellent and it's too bad they aren't an option any longer. BTW, the seats still fold very flat in my opinion. I checked my version as well and it seems they preinstalled 6.2 for me. A few bugs have occurred as detailed in other posts on TMC forums, but nothing detrimental to actual performance. I just love the Homelink to open the garage though, but I'm wondering if there's a way to make it automatically open the garage if you park in front of it for a certain period of time (say 3-5 seconds....)? It'd be pretty sweet if Model S opened up the garage automatically when you arrived or reversed out of your garage.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow and Thank you.. sweet ride! I see the second Gen seast. 3s-a-charm will be jealous. My car is pretty much the same as yours, except that I have balck interior and midnight grey. The dark blue is stunning! I believe the dark colors on the Model S are the best, however you much deal with the dust, Calgary is dusty!

On another Topic, Received an update on my TESLA 6.2.188. Not too sure what are the changes, yet always interesting to get something new.

Thanks! I do love the colour for sure. I'll snap more photos of the interior when the car is back in my hands for those on here wondering what grey black piano combo looks like. Feels like a spaceship IMO.

View attachment 79519

This is a little dusty looking but it'll get nicely cleaned up before Refine wraps it! Was taken in Signal Hill area, went o grab a coffee. Didn't get a chance to take more just yet.

Surprised I didn't run into you. I live in the signal hill area and was driving in the west hills shopping area - went to phoenix grill on Monday evening - that is right by where you were parked. Looks great with the chrome wheels too. As a constant jeans wearer I was afraid to do the light seats but they definitely look good in the dark cars.

Heard a Tesla crashed into the Glenmore Landing Starbucks. Hope no one was injured inside and that the driver was ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Surprised I didn't run into you. I live in the signal hill area and was driving in the west hills shopping area - went to phoenix grill on Monday evening - that is right by where you were parked. Looks great with the chrome wheels too. As a constant jeans wearer I was afraid to do the light seats but they definitely look good in the dark cars.

I would say that we will run into each other quite a bit. I'm in the Signal Hill area weekly! See you around.