Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Tesla Owners in Alberta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How did the event go this weekend? I would have liked to come, but had prior commitments. Are those Speeders Karts half as fun as they look?
It was a blast! Both Edmonton and Calgary had fun at the same time which was a neat way to do an activity involving both (major) cities.

Next event will be the AGM which is being held June 10th in Red Deer - announcement to follow shortly.

TOCA EVENT ANNOUNCEMENT!

Join us Sunday, June 24th for the 3rd Annual Tesla Owners Club of Alberta AGM Meeting and Show & Shine. Everyone is welcome to attend but only TOCA Members can vote and attend the meeting portion. If you are unsure of your membership status, please contact [email protected] to inquire.

Attendance is free but we ask that you RSVP so we can ensure there is enough food/drinks for everyone. Register online here: TOCA 3rd Annual AGM and Show & Shine

We hope to have at least one Tesla Model 3 in attendance!

Note: As we will be voting on a new Board of Directors, please let me know if you would like to volunteer for a Board position for the 2018/19 year so I can add you as a Nominee. There are 8 positions and each year we nominate from the available Members who wish to be a part of the organization. We are a registered Society (similar to a non-profit).

Thank you to our "Ludicrous Level" sponsors this year including Refine Auto Salon and Aviva Insurance - businesses interested in sponsoring the upcoming year should contact us for a sponsorship package or visit Sponsors - Tesla Owners Club Alberta

We hope to have a great turnout of Members at this event - and may even break an attendance record for number of Tesla's in one Alberta Meetup!

Reactions: DMC-Orangeville
So while at the Sunday Social, I managed to pick up 4 extra passengers... Arachnid 21" Silver wheels w/Pilot Super Sport tires (referral prize). I'm sticking with my 19s, so am looking to sell these. Thinking $4500 (the 21 turbines are $6000, so I think this is a good price?).
Saw the Arachnid wheels for the first time yesterday. I must say they look nice on silver.
IMG_9411 copy.jpg

Reactions: 3s-a-charm
Well, it’s not a D and may not have Autopilot...what are those things worth? The buy-out on my Dec 2015 90D lease is $55k in another year-and-a-half, so $45k for a 4-year-old P85 (yes, I know it’s a +) is possible. If so, I’d say it could be a great deal. I would have guessed it would be at least $60k for this car still. Wonder what kind of shape the battery is in, if the drive units and door handles have been replaced, etc.

• Helpful
Reactions: int32_t
Well I’m not 100% sure about it being a stock picture as I still have not found it. But the quality is poor and why not show a up to date picture instead of one from 2014? If it’s from Ontario wouldn’t it have a front license plate holder? But with 8,000 km maybe they didn’t drive it on the roads. :eek:
Has anyone requested a carproof report?

Well I’m not 100% sure about it being a stock picture as I still have not found it. But the quality is poor and why not show a up to date picture instead of one from 2014? If it’s from Ontario wouldn’t it have a front license plate holder? But with 8,000 km maybe they didn’t drive it on the roads. :eek:
Has anyone requested a carproof report?
How does that work? I've never done that before, but I expect the report isn't free. This one said "Request Carproof" underneath the ad, but for other cars, it says "Buy Carproof" or "Free Carproof."

Anyways, the ad disappeared so somebody in the Toronto area either got a super deal or is in for a nightmare. :p

Not very much buzz about the Model 3 in Alberta.

On a different thread or not too many Alberta Model 3 owners on TMC ?
.... or not many deliveries ?

Saw a blue M3 in Edmonton earlier this week
and a grey on at CrossIron SC last week Monday.
I was in Edmonton with my blue Model 3 on Monday evening. Aero wheels with the covers off. Wonder if it was me you saw?

Not very much buzz about the Model 3 in Alberta.

On a different thread or not too many Alberta Model 3 owners on TMC ?
.... or not many deliveries ?

Saw a blue M3 in Edmonton earlier this week
and a grey on at CrossIron SC last week Monday.
Interesting observation as I also noticed this and felt that perhaps there were few-if-any Model 3 orders for the first batch (long range RWD, premium etc) in Alberta. Turns out the reality is (shocker alert...) not everyone is on the forums! ;)
Now that the deliveries have started it’s nice to see quite a few on the road and at the delivery centre. There are already a few new Model 3 owners as members of the Tesla Owners Club of Alberta and I expect that as we see the base model and dual motor configurations open up there are going to be more Model 3s on the road than you can shake a stick at! Considering the Model 3 is outselling BMW, Mercedes, Audi, etc in the US it’s going to be fun to see Alberta finally transition towards a more sustainable future (at least with cars for now).