Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Order Page - Changed This Am

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My tesla.com order page updated this am to ask for full details (registration, trade-in, financing, etc).

Wondering if this was another mass update / error or means my order is coming sooner than later. Haven’t submitted my loan application yet.

White Y Performance / White Interior / Upgraded Performance Options

The sooner you update the requested info, the sooner you get assigned a VIN.
Mass update or not - it is a step forward to delivery. Good Speed!

I filled out mine as soon as I saw it - now waiting for VIN 0008XX.

My price details page changed yesterday morning. None of the item breakdown changed but the total reduced by $1200
I thought great! But then I checked again last night and it is back to the original total price....
It makes me wonder what on Earth they are doing... I thought maybe it was a transient thing as they assigned actual fees for documents etc because maybe I now have VIN.. but I checked the source for the page and can't find one yet.

I got to update also this morning. Ordered Performance with white interior. I’m 100% sure I’ll be getting by end of month because they are calling back to confirm trade in price. I know how Tesla wants to sell everything on 4 wheels by end of quarter. This is first white interior I’ve seen to be delivered. Am I getting ahead of myself? Don’t think so.

I got to update also this morning. Ordered Performance with white interior. I’m 100% sure I’ll be getting by end of month because they are calling back to confirm trade in price. I know how Tesla wants to sell everything on 4 wheels by end of quarter. This is first white interior I’ve seen to be delivered. Am I getting ahead of myself? Don’t think so.
wow. this is exciting for white interiors! keep us posted.

I went back to look at the text I got on Feb 29th because I was sure it didn't actually mention a March Delivery:

Welcome to Tesla! We're excited to get you into your Model Y as soon as possible.

In order to take delivery, please log into tesla.com/teslaaccount and complete all tasks in the next few days: Delivery Location, Registration, Trade-in and Payment Method. ....

So a little more downbeat than the text message people have just been getting - I filled in all the details online that day... Not heard anything since..

After reading this thread I thought I would check my account page. Low and behold it was asking for my ID/Insurance info. Hope it's a good sign. While in no major rush, April would be a great time for delivery ;)

I ordered a White on Black MY Performance with PUP and FSD. So all in ;)

Excited! Although I placed my order on February.. can't possibly believe they are building that many so quickly! So keeping my expectations low for now.

Also checked and was able to fill in DL info, delivery location and payment. Nothing about insurance however. Feels like a mass update and probably not indicative of imminent delivery.

No text or email for me, but account page was updated requesting the above.

MYP - Perf upg - AP - Red on Black

I reserved a MYP with performance upgrade and white interior.

I now have the ability finish payment method, which is "Tesla Arranged Loan". Below the Agree button, it says "By clicking, "I agree", I acknowledge I am confirming my terms with null, and I will be unable to change my payment method."

If I want the option to be able to finance through a different bank or credit union, should I not complete this step? It's not obvious what options are available after agreeing to the terms. Does anyone know what this step locks you in to?