Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla removed discount from my order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello there,

Need some advice about my situation.

Today, Tesla by itself changed conditions on my Order Agreement by removing completely discount that they provided yearly.

Long story short:

On August 15 I was checking Tesla web-site and decided to ask a question in the chat, what if I purchase Model Y without Enhanced Autopilot can I purchase it later.
Also, I asked if any discounts on it, and the guy from the chat send me the link. His name is Kevin, from Fremont.
I was talking with him by phone later, very good guy. He found me amazing option in my area with 3520 dollars discount on Model Y.
Of course, I made an order on the same day.

Then, started onboarding. I downloaded application, submitted my driver license, my wife’s driver license was not accepted and we decided to continue just with me.
Applied on loan, purchased insurance, scheduled delivery day on August 19.

On next day I pays down payment for the loan, that was posted later on August 18. And just after that somebody called me from “Unknown Caller ID” number.
It was local Tesla rep. He told me that the car has scratches and dents, that it is staying on parking lot 4 months since April, that’s why they made a discount.

I said that need to see the car and will come on August 19. That what I did yesterday, I visited local Tesla showroom, they found “my” car on parking lot, it has dents on internal panels on rear passengers, front bumper deep scratch, left rear door passenger deep scratch, under the left drivers door very deep scratches.
Deep scratches means you need to remove detail, paint it and install back.

Practically speaking, I only asked one question. Are they going to fix them because car is just 15 miles? They said yes.
After that talking to my wife we decided to go forward with this deal, since after fixing it looks attractive.

But real surprise was today, when I received email on Sunday from Tesla that my Order Agreement changed, and my price increased on amount of discount and now my loan states that I need to add 3.8k dollars.

What is the best way to address this issue?

Hello there,

Need some advice about my situation.

Today, Tesla by itself changed conditions on my Order Agreement by removing completely discount that they provided yearly.

Long story short:

On August 15 I was checking Tesla web-site and decided to ask a question in the chat, what if I purchase Model Y without Enhanced Autopilot can I purchase it later.
Also, I asked if any discounts on it, and the guy from the chat send me the link. His name is Kevin, from Fremont.
I was talking with him by phone later, very good guy. He found me amazing option in my area with 3520 dollars discount on Model Y.
Of course, I made an order on the same day.

Then, started onboarding. I downloaded application, submitted my driver license, my wife’s driver license was not accepted and we decided to continue just with me.
Applied on loan, purchased insurance, scheduled delivery day on August 19.

On next day I pays down payment for the loan, that was posted later on August 18. And just after that somebody called me from “Unknown Caller ID” number.
It was local Tesla rep. He told me that the car has scratches and dents, that it is staying on parking lot 4 months since April, that’s why they made a discount.

I said that need to see the car and will come on August 19. That what I did yesterday, I visited local Tesla showroom, they found “my” car on parking lot, it has dents on internal panels on rear passengers, front bumper deep scratch, left rear door passenger deep scratch, under the left drivers door very deep scratches.
Deep scratches means you need to remove detail, paint it and install back.

Practically speaking, I only asked one question. Are they going to fix them because car is just 15 miles? They said yes.
After that talking to my wife we decided to go forward with this deal, since after fixing it looks attractive.

But real surprise was today, when I received email on Sunday from Tesla that my Order Agreement changed, and my price increased on amount of discount and now my loan states that I need to add 3.8k dollars.

What is the best way to address this issue?

I wouldn't pay, including insurance, for a damaged car.

Good afternoon, I am somewhat confused on my order experience I had today.

I have been lurking on the Tesla inventory page for weeks now looking at certain model:
LR, White/black interior w black 20” rims.

Today I found a silver performance model y with 8 miles on the clock in my state about 560 miles away.
It was listed after price adjustment for $50k

I hit buy immediately and started to update the app with my details, drivers license etc.
Planned on picking up at the end of the week.
I received the order agreement and it reflected the price correctly at $50k

Two hours later I receive an email with a reassigned VIN, and a price adjustment to $55k.

The hotline explained then, that the VIN was now to a car in my home city, scheduled to arrive in 5-8 days. Specs matched the original order, however no mention of the original adjusted price of $50k.

He went on go claim that the original car was only available in that city 560 miles away ( it is the same state!)

He explained my options to be as follows:

Wait for the new car to arrive and pay the full price.
Wait for other cars to show up in inventory and pick another one
Cancel the order altogether.

I am confused, as I’ve never heard of a car being available in a certain city only (state yes, but city?)

It is my understanding that the car was offered in my state at that advertised price, at the availability, I took the offer and received the order agreement.

Now, I do understand it being month end, even quarter end, and sales have to be completed today.
But that should not affect my purchase.

I’d like to have your thoughts on this, and possibly advice on how to proceed.

Thank you!!

Good afternoon, I am somewhat confused on my order experience I had today.

I have been lurking on the Tesla inventory page for weeks now looking at certain model:
LR, White/black interior w black 20” rims.

Today I found a silver performance model y with 8 miles on the clock in my state about 560 miles away.
It was listed after price adjustment for $50k

I hit buy immediately and started to update the app with my details, drivers license etc.
Planned on picking up at the end of the week.
I received the order agreement and it reflected the price correctly at $50k

Two hours later I receive an email with a reassigned VIN, and a price adjustment to $55k.

The hotline explained then, that the VIN was now to a car in my home city, scheduled to arrive in 5-8 days. Specs matched the original order, however no mention of the original adjusted price of $50k.

He went on go claim that the original car was only available in that city 560 miles away ( it is the same state!)

He explained my options to be as follows:

Wait for the new car to arrive and pay the full price.
Wait for other cars to show up in inventory and pick another one
Cancel the order altogether.

I am confused, as I’ve never heard of a car being available in a certain city only (state yes, but city?)

It is my understanding that the car was offered in my state at that advertised price, at the availability, I took the offer and received the order agreement.

Now, I do understand it being month end, even quarter end, and sales have to be completed today.
But that should not affect my purchase.

I’d like to have your thoughts on this, and possibly advice on how to proceed.

Thank you!!
That doesn’t sound right.

You ordered a specific VIN, then you should get a car with that VIN or a substitution with same specs and price.

It doesn't matter where the car is, in-state or out-of-state. You may have to fly to get it or pay transportation to get it but Tesla should not cite the reason for sale refusal as out of town.